collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Houllier on drugs?  (Read 8749 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Houllier on drugs?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 12:09:50 PM »
I don't think I've known a player that needs babysitting as much as Heskey. He really is a sensitive soul, something that GH obviously realises. To be fair to Heskey, we've never really backed him but he's hardly helped himself. He seems to lack self belief which is strange considering the number of England caps he has, the fact that he's played at the top level all his career.

Drogba on the other hand is probably the most complete centre forward I can think of. He has it all and I'm delighted he's not playing today.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 12:22:14 PM »
and we could do the same from a certain John Carew as well. If we have both of them and Agbnonlahor in red hot form. We might win a few more games.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 12:33:10 PM »
They're an interesting pair. From the outside I get the impression carew and heskey need exactly the opposite kind of management. Heskey thinks he's shit and carew thinks he's great and they're both somewhere in the middle.

Offline eastie

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 01:28:09 PM »
 I would be very surprised if Carew stays after this season when his contract ends- I'd hope GED with his contacts in the game could line up a nice replacement who will score a bagful of goals- Carew on his day is a class act but his day is all too rare and he seems to be somewhat injury prone.

As for gabby I really think this will be a big season for him and he needs to produce , if he can improve his finishing he will be a huge asset in our squad but I would expect a new striker at least if not 2 new strikers in the summer.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2010, 02:08:03 PM »
If heskey plays the rest of the season the way he has played the last 3 games. He would be very compairable to Drogba.

But this is just what Heskey needs to hear, to keep his confidence up!

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2010, 02:42:48 PM »
Stupid thread title- GED has given emile his confidence back and let's get behind the guy instead of silly thread titles like this- gerard houllier will do a fantastic job for this club !
After the slating that EIH has had here and elsewhere over the last 2-3 years, I think the thread title is pretty apposite actually.
Sorry you do not get the irony.
Oh, and "yes", GH does seem to have found the right buttons to press for Heskey ... surprising that MON didn't given their previous time together.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 02:45:17 PM by EffDee »

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2010, 02:54:40 PM »
The title could have been 'Houllier compares Heskey to Drogba' and then post your opinion in the thread? As it is, the title is misleading and not very complimentary to one of our best players this season.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2010, 03:05:45 PM »
The last three times I've seen He's Key play he has looked like Drogba.

It's a valid comparison.

Mind the comparison between Bannan and Iniesta might have been a bit much...

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2010, 03:15:42 PM »
The title could have been 'Houllier compares Heskey to Drogba' and then post your opinion in the thread? As it is, the title is misleading and not very complimentary to one of our best players this season.

Slight exaggeration, surely?

Im happy he's had a turnaround of late, but it was a cameo from the bench against Blackburn, a good performance at Wolves and a good half at Spurs till he went off.

Before that he was as ineffective as ever.  I'm happy GH is getting much more from him, but one of our best players this season seems a touch over the top.

Lets see how he does over the rest of the season, he needs to make it last. Hopefully GH will continue to get better results from him than MON did.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2010, 03:34:19 PM »
Heskey's been awesome since Houllier became manager, already seems like a completely different player compared to the days when MON was around. Emile looks like he genuinely cares, is showing lots of effort and determination and is scoring and creating goals - it's all great as far as i'm concerened.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2010, 05:08:56 PM »
In all the time he's been with us, I can't remember seeing him smiling. He needs to relax a little and start enjoying his football rather than carry the worries of the world on his shoulders. Miserable git.

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 11:37:35 AM »

Slight exaggeration, surely?

Im happy he's had a turnaround of late, but it was a cameo from the bench against Blackburn, a good performance at Wolves and a good half at Spurs till he went off.

Before that he was as ineffective as ever.  I'm happy GH is getting much more from him, but one of our best players this season seems a touch over the top.

Lets see how he does over the rest of the season, he needs to make it last. Hopefully GH will continue to get better results from him than MON did.
I honestly don't think so. We badly missed him yesterday. He's streets ahead of Carew, in terms of fitness & performance. I agree about the rest of the season, but so far he's been one of our better players and people need to recognise that. It's hard enough having to defend him to supporters of other clubs, let alone Villa fans!

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 01:14:34 PM »
I have absolutely no problem with Emile and am delighted with the progress he seems to have made under a new manager. But the orginal
quote from GH is hyperbolic, based on performance and output to date!
Let's wait for a couple of seasons and see if he racks up the goals before making unnecessarily-optimistic comparisons.
What GH says to EIH in private from a motivational perspective is - of course - entirely up to him.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 01:26:34 PM »
Saying he has the same attributes is not the same as saying he's as good as. He does have some of the same attributes, that's clear. He's nowhere near as good as Drogba, which is equally clear.

I reckon we'd have won on Saturday with Emile in the team though.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 01:30:50 PM »
He's nowhere near as good as Drogba,

He is while they're both injured

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal