collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: England: How do you stand?  (Read 38450 times)

Offline steffo

Re: England: How do you stand?
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2010, 01:55:26 PM »
I also watched the U-21's yesterday. For the last 30 mins they were under constant pressure only because of their inability to make three consecutive passes.

There are dark days for the England team ahead...............

Offline Namaste

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2010, 02:03:05 PM »
I voted 'tossers'. I wasn't always like this though but as the years go by and I've been watching England for 25yrs or so now I cannot help but feel these guys do not care.

I want England to do well but I think we should just only pick players under the age of 30 years old. I think there are great players but unfortunately some of them cannot get games for their clubs because of foreign imports, if they did play more often then we may have a better future.

Ultimately this has alot to do with PL, SKY and the sickening amount of money players are on because after a few years these guys are made for life and do not have the same desire to win as they did early on in their careers.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2010, 02:14:52 PM »
I'll watch allthe games but frankly I dont care for the team and whether they win, lose or draw.

I enjoyed the Euro's when McClaren failed to get us there, none of the over the top BS that we usually get subjected to.

International weeks deprive us of proper football.

Postman Pat gets 6m a year to do a part time job and after 2.5 years his grasp of English is still pathetic, he should have been binned after SA. 

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2010, 02:28:18 PM »
I'll watch on TV if im able, but also haven't forgiven them for the World Cup.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2010, 02:41:45 PM »
I'm not English but can I vote for the tossers option?

If England had players who weren't such gigantic overrated cocks I might actually want to see them do well.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2010, 03:34:56 PM »
My dream scenario last night would have been a 4-3 Montenegro win with an Ashley Young hattrick

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2010, 03:42:20 PM »
Couldn't be bothered to watch and really haven't been that interested since the World Cup! My eldest son texted me to remind me it was on TV last night but I only checked the half time and  full time scores so  I could enter into a
conversation with him. The conversation went like this btw. "Crap isn't it" reply "Yeah".

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2010, 03:52:00 PM »
I think your all being really pathetic.

I can't believe what I'm reading, I'm English I'm very proud to be English.
I love watching England who are representing my country. No we are not the best at the moment, But I don't support a team depending on success.

People need to get over the fact that footballers are paid alot and have abit of pride. I don't agree with people who say they don't give a toss, because it's quite obvious they do, just look at the passion Gerrard showed in the friendly last month.

I can't believe there are that many narrow minded people who support the same club as me.
We all had a choice to support Villa, but we never got a choice on which country we're from.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2010, 04:09:00 PM »

I can't believe what I'm reading, I'm English I'm very proud to be English.
I love watching England who are representing my country. No we are not the best at the moment, But I don't support a team depending on success.

People need to get over the fact that footballers are paid alot and have abit of pride. I don't agree with people who say they don't give a toss, because it's quite obvious they do, just look at the passion Gerrard showed in the friendly last month.

I can't believe there are that many narrow minded people who support the same club as me.
We all had a choice to support Villa, but we never got a choice on which country we're from.

You don't get a choice about what county you are born in, you do get a choice about whether you care about the football team. They've let us down too many times to be worth worrying about.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2010, 04:15:36 PM »

They've let us down too many times to be worth worrying about.
All? Are you sure? That's not what the poll says.

Anyway, I find myself in agreement with Chris Smith.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2010, 04:30:23 PM »
To ''not give a shit and happily call the English team tossers etc...'' despite being English is quite sad really, i'm sure those will still happily get their silly little car flags out and go crazy if England manage to get past the Q-Finals in Euro 2012. It's a blatant case of being fickle, I can assure you those people who say they don't give a shit will give a shit and take an intrest if England do well in Euro 2012.

I don't have a 100% English background but that doesn't stop me from wanting to see England do well (although I'm realistic in what England can achieve; I told everyone who thought England would win the World Cup that they're barking mad). Sure, I'm not a patriotic English fan and I'll happily admit that, but it's a hell of a lot better than being as fickle as fcuk when it comes to supporting England. How on earth can you be 'anti English' when you're English? lolwut.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2010, 04:37:52 PM »
Crickey, don't some people get over excited over what other people think of those lazy, overpaid, immature, classless arsewipes that make up the majority of our national team.

I couldn't give a shit about the national team.

Fuck me - who's the fickle ones? those who spend the season giving Rooney, Rio, Stevie Gee, Ashley Cole and JT stick when they play for their clubs but fall over themselves in hero worship as soon as they play for England? Or those of us who hate them with a consistency

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2010, 04:41:56 PM »
I don't remember anyone saying they were anti-English while being English.

It looks like plenty haven't forgiven the national team (i.e, the players) for the last World Cup. I'm in that particular boat, and to be honest, after years and years of the media hype, the players acting like Billy-Big-Bollocks but not producing anything of note, the same tired old things been tried time-after-time I think that I've had enough of the false dawns, the disappointments.

As for England doing well in Euro 2012, it won't happen.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2010, 04:54:31 PM »
Oh dear Chico... you 'hate' England despite being English? Like I said 'lolwut'.

Can you imagine the Germans, Dutch or Spanish hating their own national team? Half of the World Cup winning Spain team was filled with Barcelona players but that didn't stop the parties in Madrid.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2010, 04:58:12 PM »

People need to get over the fact that footballers are paid alot and have abit of pride.

Have some pride, what like the players consistenly show? On the whole they do a pretty good job of giving the opposite impression.

There's no doubt that everyone on this site would love England to do well, but with all the fawning in the media over one off results and a number of false dawns is it any suprise that a lot of supporters look towards the 'worlds best players' who play for England with such apathy.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal