collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ashley Young, Diver ?  (Read 35002 times)

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Ashley Young, Diver ?
« on: October 13, 2010, 09:42:19 AM »
Sorry,  but he is.

i like many others on here believe he is our best player, the one who can do something different, create an opportunity out of nothing,

but.....

he goes down to easily, and last night although he got some harsh treatment throughout the match he blatently dived in the box,
it was a bit embarrasing and he should be making every effort to kick it out of his game

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
Re: Ashley Young, Diver ?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 09:46:55 AM »
he really should... it gave the media an excuse to have a pop at him, despite him being the best performer on the pitch last night...

it really irritates me when he gets into good positions and then throws himself to the floor...

only decision the kraut referee got right all night...

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 09:48:15 AM »
The one where he dived out of the way of a challenge in the box? Or the one where there was contact inside the box?

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 09:58:39 AM »
The worst thing is that if he hadn't started to go down before the defender hit him I reckon he may well have have won a pen as the guy did take him out.  Unfortunately the ref had seen that he was already halfway to ground before the defender caught him.  It's not only embarrassing ,  he's his own and his team's worst enemy consistently wasting good positions and possession like that and I wish he'd pack it in.

Offline ktvillan

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 09:59:48 AM »
The worst thing is that if he hadn't started to go down before the defender hit him I reckon he may well have have won a pen as the guy did take him out.  Unfortunately the ref had seen that he was already halfway to ground before the defender caught him.  It's not only embarrassing ,  he's his own and his team's worst enemy consistently wasting good positions and possession like that and I wish he'd pack it in.

Agree about the Ref and his linesmen though they were over fussy and missed about as blatant a handball as you will ever see.

Offline ktvillan

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 10:00:22 AM »

Agree about the Ref and his linesmen though they were over fussy and missed about as blatant a handball as you will ever see.

Offline stevenjos

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 10:11:57 AM »
I wish he's pack it in as well. I felt a bit embarrased watching the replay.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 10:19:42 AM »
Blatant dive in my book and a deserved yellow card. He does it far too often and I hate it when he then runs back with his arms open wide staring incredulously at the ref. I thought last night summed Ashley up - some promising runs, not enough end product and falling over far too easily. Mind you, anything is better than Shaun Wright-Phillips who I didn't realise was even still a professional footballer...

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 10:24:23 AM »
Ash last night:-

Running at players was decent.
Set piece delivery was poor.
Diving was embarassing.

Offline Barry Shaw

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 10:39:38 AM »
Some of his dives when he has been playing for us are embarrassing. I like him and he suits our counter attacking style but his diving is cringeworthy. I think he is good at what he does but his delivery is pretty one dimensional i.e. smash it hard across the face of the goal with some bend on it. Some times it works some times it ends up in the stand.

Most talented player on our books though.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 10:44:22 AM »
I don't think it was a dive at all, He was trying to keep hold of the ball, Even Townsend said decision to book him was outragous

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 11:03:27 AM »
I think he was expecting the challege an started to react before he was actually hit - a bit girly but not a dive. He was taken out.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 11:07:15 AM »
I don't think it was a dive at all, He was trying to keep hold of the ball, Even Townsend said decision to book him was outragous

And even ex-Villa captains can be wrong.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 11:09:21 AM »
In all fairness, at that speed, you only have to be clipped slightly and you'll go flying.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 11:19:57 AM »
I wish he would pack it in aswell but apart from that i thought he had a decent game.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal