collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carew: I could leave Villa  (Read 28030 times)

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
Re: Carew: I could leave Villa
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2010, 03:29:03 PM »
Good riddance to bad rubbish

Far too many times he just lumbers about looking uniterested

Scored a few last season but the majority of those were in the Cup against shit opposition

cant come soon enough for me, lets hope that annoying song stops as well because for the most part he has done fuck all to warrant cult like status

Grossly unfair, IMO.

He's scored double figures in the league for us each season he's been here and has been a great asset.  I agree times up for him, but there's no need for that kind of revisionism!

I agree,done a really good job for us at times,especially in the first year or so. At times looked like a World beater and and so hard to play against,I remember the home game against Arsenal a couple of years ago where we lost 2-1 at home,but in the second half he tore them apart and we should of won. But now he looks like he has trouble running let alone scoring.

Try and get a bit of cash for him,or maybe use him in a deal.Good luck to him,we missed a forward like him or a while.

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2010, 03:40:39 PM »
We need better now so thanks, good bye and good luck John.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2010, 03:49:38 PM »
Rocket Club will miss him more than we will. Now we have super Emile B)

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2010, 03:50:24 PM »

Far too many times he just lumbers about looking uniterested

Scored a few last season but the majority of those were in the Cup against shit opposition

cant come soon enough for me, lets hope that annoying song stops as well because for the most part he has done fuck all to warrant cult like status

Grossly unfair, IMO.

He's scored double figures in the league for us each season he's been here and has been a great asset.  I agree times up for him, but there's no need for that kind of revisionism!

I agree,done a really good job for us at times,especially in the first year or so. At times looked like a World beater and and so hard to play against,I remember the home game against Arsenal a couple of years ago where we lost 2-1 at home,but in the second half he tore them apart and we should of won. But now he looks like he has trouble running let alone scoring.

Try and get a bit of cash for him,or maybe use him in a deal.Good luck to him,we missed a forward like him or a while.

I also agree, JC has been good for the Villa he's been our top scorer for the last 3 years and he's got a good relationship with the fans.

If he can go get a deal somewhere else for the last couple of years of his career then good luck to him but I think people are being a bit disrespectful towards him.

Whats next a emile heskey love in? Fuck me he's a had 3 good games in 2.5 years and now he's suddenly everones favorite player!

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2010, 03:57:40 PM »
Disappointing to see him go, considering the player he could be, but so often isn't.

A waste of good talent I think. For someone to be as good as he can be and not do it regularly for a team is disappointing, but you just get the impression that he's not really bothered. If he plays well, great, if not, he still gets paid.

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2010, 04:53:06 PM »
Could never understand how he achieved cult status simply by not being Milan Baros. His contribution has been over hyped since the beginning in my view, and the last eighteen months have seen some very poor performances from him. No great loss to the club if/when he leaves.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2010, 04:58:28 PM »
He did well for quite a time, but it hasn't just been form that's dropped off. He just seems to have lost any semblance of trying. Added to which he gives away a foul every 21 minutes (a stat that only surprised me because it didn't seem like enough), and given we have good young forwards coming through, I think it may be time to part company.

Offline citizenDJ

• GM : 28.05.2020
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2010, 05:08:39 PM »
Decent player with occasional outbreaks of excellence. A striker who scores goals, he's played a big part in things over the last few years, and I always got the impression he did a good job of mentoring (for want of a better word) some of the young 'uns, but I think his best days here are behind him, and he'll be off sooner rather than later.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2010, 05:10:34 PM »

Idiot

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2010, 05:11:46 PM »
If he leaves he has been overall a very good player for us and I wish him well.
This

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2010, 05:18:34 PM »

Idiot

Absolutely.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2010, 06:11:18 PM »
Could never understand how he achieved cult status simply by not being Milan Baros. His contribution has been over hyped since the beginning in my view, and the last eighteen months have seen some very poor performances from him. No great loss to the club if/when he leaves.

I agree entirely with this. Good at times, rank awful at others, over hyped regardless though...

Offline KRS

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2010, 06:17:14 PM »
About the right time for him to leave amicably. Whens his contract up?

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2010, 06:23:43 PM »

Idiot

Absolutely.
Thirded.
The bloke helped us to destroy the Blues, he should have our gratitude for that alone.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2010, 06:34:41 PM »

Idiot

Absolutely.
Thirded.
The bloke helped us to destroy the Blues, he should have our gratitude for that alone.

So did Baros once. I'll never be grateful to a player for actually doing his job just because it was against our supposed rivals.

As for Carew, sometimes world class and unstoppable (possibly WBA away a few years ago was the best I saw him play), sometimes abysmal (may as well not even be on the pitch when he's in that mood), and more often than not, average.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal