collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carew: I could leave Villa  (Read 28093 times)

Offline timeoutbigbar

Re: Carew: I could leave Villa
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2010, 06:17:01 PM »

Now i honestly believe we could scrap all our strikers and start again. But everyone writing off our best and proven striker that we have at the moment seems strange to me.

I think Gabby has contributed far more to the team, goals and workrate, than Carew ever has done.  So i wouldn't say he has been our most proven striker at all.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2010, 06:22:35 PM »

Carew played 133 score 37

A goal every 3.5 games.

Eh???

Carew played 116 games scored 48 goals according to wiki.

So I think Carew needs abit more credit and respect.

Heskey is getting lots of encouragement by a manager who is treating  Carew the same way he did before he turned out 4 good years for Aston Villa, he hasn't really had a look in since Houllier arrived. As I said a month or so ago i think Carew will be important for us this season.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2010, 06:23:07 PM »
Would be lovely if one of Carew's final acts would be to put SHA out of the cup!

I'll never forget his performances in the 5-1, away at the Albion in 2008-2009 and at Old Trafford in 2009. On his day he's been unplayable and up their with the best strikers I've seen at Villa Park. Though I only really have Yorkie and Deano to compare him too!

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2010, 06:27:10 PM »
Would be lovely if one of Carew's final acts would be to put SHA out of the cup!

I'll never forget his performances in the 5-1, away at the Albion in 2008-2009 and at Old Trafford in 2009. On his day he's been unplayable and up their with the best strikers I've seen at Villa Park. Though I only really have Yorkie and Deano to compare him too!

Problem is his day comes around once in a blue moon.  If he was capable of being consistent, i'm not sure we'd have got him in the first place.

Offline stevenjos

« Reply #124 on: November 12, 2010, 09:22:39 PM »

Now i honestly believe we could scrap all our strikers and start again. But everyone writing off our best and proven striker that we have at the moment seems strange to me.

I think Gabby has contributed far more to the team, goals and workrate, than Carew ever has done.  So i wouldn't say he has been our most proven striker at all.

carews goals per game is slightly better and thats what strikers goal should be. Hence why i hate heskey.

Gabby could easily score more! if he didnt think he was a winger and got in the box more.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal