collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:32:58 AM]

Brian Evans by maidstonevillain
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Jacob Ramsey by AV84
[Today at 12:12:05 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 12:04:59 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 12:04:41 AM]

Matty Cash - Polish international by PeterWithe
[Today at 12:03:00 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:02:34 AM]

Press-ing on triumphantly by dave.woodhall
[April 18, 2024, 11:47:47 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Half-Season Ticket Prices  (Read 15297 times)

Offline mr-villa

Half-Season Ticket Prices
« on: October 07, 2010, 05:51:55 PM »
Just been on the AVFC website ticketing section only to find they are advertising half-season tickets.  The price for my particular section (Lower Trinity) is £285 for an adult.  This covers 12 matches if purchased before November 10th, working out at £23.75 per match.  My full season ticket cost me £495 when purchased in July, working out at £26.05 per match.  This does not seem a fair deal to me, what incentive does this present to full season ticket holders to a) Renew for a full season next year and b) Go to additional cup games when these are not being offered to season ticket holders any more cheaply than ordinary punters?

What's the view on this from any other season ticket holders?

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Half-Season Ticket Prices
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 05:58:02 PM »
I'd imagine it's to do with the fact that the 12 fixtures which the deal covers don't include Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal or the Blues which you'd imagine are the 4 biggest gates the club gets and therefore the most "prestigious" games in the eyes of the fans.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 05:58:14 PM »
bloody hell. The club can't win can they.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 06:02:06 PM »

You have to laugh, don't you!

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 06:07:28 PM »

I think they're right to be doing what they can to shift more tickets, you can't really complain about that.

I do think it's too easy to brush it off as "they can't win", though.

It's a very fine line to walk, promoting ticket sales, selling half season tickets, match by match special offers, "packets" of games etc etc, because you have season ticket holders who have forked out the money well, well in advance (I think I renewed mine before the end of last season, it was definitely May), who are starting to wonder if it makes sense for them to renew.

You might think that they're being over criticial (and, to be honest, i don't really care too much about it in my own case, as i wanted to secure my seat), but it's way too easy to just say "they can't win".

For a start, the very fact that mr-villa has posted his example here and raised an eyebrow suggests that there is at least an issue to discuss

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 06:08:31 PM »
I'd imagine it's to do with the fact that the 12 fixtures which the deal covers don't include Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal or the Blues which you'd imagine are the 4 biggest gates the club gets and therefore the most "prestigious" games in the eyes of the fans.

It's more than a "half" season ticket if it covers 12 matches, too.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 06:10:19 PM »
It gives the fans something to moan about. We all love a good moan.

Offline mr-villa

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 06:34:28 PM »

I think they're right to be doing what they can to shift more tickets, you can't really complain about that.

I do think it's too easy to brush it off as "they can't win", though.

It's a very fine line to walk, promoting ticket sales, selling half season tickets, match by match special offers, "packets" of games etc etc, because you have season ticket holders who have forked out the money well, well in advance (I think I renewed mine before the end of last season, it was definitely May), who are starting to wonder if it makes sense for them to renew.

You might think that they're being over criticial (and, to be honest, i don't really care too much about it in my own case, as i wanted to secure my seat), but it's way too easy to just say "they can't win".

For a start, the very fact that mr-villa has posted his example here and raised an eyebrow suggests that there is at least an issue to discuss

Thanks Paulie, I too think they should be doing all they can to shift more tickets, I don't mind this but the club do need to be careful that in doing so they do not antagonise existing season card holders. 

As somebody who is struggling to get back into the world of work following a redundancy these kinds of promotion only serve to make you think harder about the sense of renewing next year.  I just wish the club would offer some incentive to existing ST holders at the same time as they are promoting these offers to non season ticket holders.  Why for instance can't they offer existing ST holders the Burnley game for a fiver is that too much to expect?

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 06:47:23 PM »
I haven't got Adobe so can't read PDF files so can someone nicely put the prices up for each stand please?

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 07:09:08 PM »

Click to enlarge.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 07:14:51 PM »
Cheers mate.

Will be getting the 225 deal in the Upper north so together with the 100 quid deal for the next five home games and 23 quid for Bolton, that means I've paid £348 for 17 home games so just over 20 quid a game.

Would like to see some home wins though as predictably missed Everton and West Ham!

Offline rutski

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 07:24:00 PM »
i agree with mr villa, we loyal idiots who renew each year, year in, year out are being shafted in search of new blood to be quite crude!
As for the club not being able to win, well i take it from that toronto that you didnt buy a season ticket for more dosh than everyone else! And i dont buy into this category AA games and b etc malarchy. I watch every game no matter who we play! and i dont give a shaft about whether it is  manure or blackpool!

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 07:37:36 PM »
i agree with mr villa, we loyal idiots who renew each year, year in, year out are being shafted in search of new blood to be quite crude!
As for the club not being able to win, well i take it from that toronto that you didnt buy a season ticket for more dosh than everyone else! And i dont buy into this category AA games and b etc malarchy. I watch every game no matter who we play! and i dont give a shaft about whether it is  manure or blackpool!

so what exactly would you have the club do given attendances aren't where they hoped? How about they don't do season tickets at all then just in case they get a negative response half way through the season? It happens in every walk of life in offering promotions on anything you can think of. You can buy a car today, and then 6 months later that same car, is less because they need to move them out or just drive sales. Do people go back and hand their car back? You're right, if there are no benefits to the full season ticket, then why did you renew at all? I bought season tickets every year while I lived there, and I have no idea what that has to do with your argument. In fact, my first season ticket has a half season book back in 1983, so I was one of those who benefitted from something like this.

I just don't get why everything the club does, for some has a negative spin. they are doing what every business does to generate revenue and therefore run the club profitably. They don't screw us. They try and offer great facilities and a good product while trying to compete at a very high level, in a very expensive sport. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. I'm pretty sure they thought this through and want to get more of us into seats to support the team. I'm shocked anyone sees a negative to that.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 07:50:16 PM »
Don't see the club have any other choice, but I think they made a mistake putting up the prices this season.

Having said that, pop over to the Spurs website and check out their matchday prices.

Offline rutski

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 08:07:24 PM »

so what exactly would you have the club do given attendances aren't where they hoped? How about they don't do season tickets at all then just in case they get a negative response half way through the season? It happens in every walk of life in offering promotions on anything you can think of. You can buy a car today, and then 6 months later that same car, is less because they need to move them out or just drive sales. Do people go back and hand their car back? You're right, if there are no benefits to the full season ticket, then why did you renew at all? I bought season tickets every year while I lived there, and I have no idea what that has to do with your argument. In fact, my first season ticket has a half season book back in 1983, so I was one of those who benefitted from something like this.

I just don't get why everything the club does, for some has a negative spin. they are doing what every business does to generate revenue and therefore run the club profitably. They don't screw us. They try and offer great facilities and a good product while trying to compete at a very high level, in a very expensive sport. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. I'm pretty sure they thought this through and want to get more of us into seats to support the team. I'm shocked anyone sees a negative to that.
you are right, why the hell would i have put my loyalty with a company year in year out and then realise that i should not and just put it in when it suits ME! I am the consumer here, i know that i am paying for a product that you view as very reasonable, however you have not pointed out to me the benefits of my ticket being paid in full for the whole of the season instead of me not pladging my allegiance to the club and joining in half way through the season.
Coupled with the fact that they abolished the under 12 season ticket and replaced it with the under 16 and the under 12 ticket has now gone to under 8! my 2 tickets have increased by a further £120 this season! Under enquiry to get my 6 year old a season ticket in L3 was informed that this deal for under 8's is only available to children sitting in L2 which is 10 seats away! So my 6 year old would have to pay under 16 prices! Do the club realise the loyal few have the same bills to pay as evryone else, but no, we are twats cause we are blaming the club for selling a few more seats! And i havent said anything about watching all the games on tv like you do because it is my choice and i have that option open as well as every pub has evry game! I just choose to go to the game!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal