collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stefan Moore- passing interest only  (Read 9196 times)

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
Stefan Moore- passing interest only
« on: October 07, 2010, 01:52:32 PM »
For those who were witness to Stefan Moore's debut against Charlton and believed that we had the 'new' Gary Shaw, thought you may be interested in knowing that  Stefan now wears the colours of St Neots F.C (who are dey?-exactleee). Surprising this as he scored a very creditable 39 goals for Halesowen last season and has decided to drop another two leagues to join the mighty South Cambridgeshire side. With a scoring season like he had I would have thought he would have had interest from Conference at least.

I may go along as see how he is doing as St Neots is about 20 minutes from home- I was convinced that he would make the grade as I did with his younger brother. Probably explains why I am not a football manager.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Stefan Moore- passing interest only
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 01:58:03 PM »
Apparently he scored 4 on his debut at the weekend (the 1st after only 2 minutes!!) in a game his new team won 11-0!!!

He hasn't gone there for a challenge has he?!

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 02:00:18 PM »
Surprising this as he scored a very creditable 39 goals for Halesowen last season and has decided to drop another two leagues to join the mighty South Cambridgeshire side.

Why would that be the case?  'off the field' issues?

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 02:22:49 PM »
We should sign him up then offload him to the baggies for £3.5 million.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 02:40:07 PM »
For those who were witness to Stefan Moore's debut against Charlton and believed that we had the 'new' Gary Shaw, thought you may be interested in knowing that  Stefan now wears the colours of St Neots F.C (who are dey?-exactleee). Surprising this as he scored a very creditable 39 goals for Halesowen last season and has decided to drop another two leagues to join the mighty South Cambridgeshire side. With a scoring season like he had I would have thought he would have had interest from Conference at least.

I may go along as see how he is doing as St Neots is about 20 minutes from home- I was convinced that he would make the grade as I did with his younger brother. Probably explains why I am not a football manager.

I still remember that game vividly, the way he skipped past that Charlton defender was poetry in motion.  I thought he was going to be better than Rooney....

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 02:47:23 PM »

I still remember that game vividly, the way he skipped past that Charlton defender was poetry in motion.  I thought he was going to be better than Rooney....
Me too.
Made Richard Rufus look like a statue.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 03:03:59 PM »

Me too.

and there's not many that can say that, where is Richard Rufus now btw?

Offline Yeltzer

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 04:16:54 PM »

Yes, and as a result we're now one place above the drop zone. Still, we managed to get about £10k as a transfer fee. Dread to think what they're paying him. St Neot's are now owned by the guy who financed the now liquidated Kings Lynn up the non-league pyramid. St. Neots fans should take his arrival with a pinch of salt.......

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 04:18:13 PM »
The story is that Stefan (who was probably the best striker in the Southern Premier last season) is on something like a grand a week playing for a club at the same level as the Midland Alliance. 

Offline Yeltzer

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 04:22:33 PM »
The story is that Stefan (who was probably the best striker in the Southern Premier last season) is on something like a grand a week playing for a club at the same level as the Midland Alliance. 

Nice work if you can get it. And I wonder why I'm no longer as bothered with the game as I used to be......

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 04:30:15 PM »

Nice work if you can get it. And I wonder why I'm no longer as bothered with the game as I used to be......

What pisses me off is that when someone rolls up at a club like Portsmouth or Leicester, spends money they haven't got and the club winds up in trouble, there's always someone who will buy the club and carry on. When it happens at St Neots' level the club invariably goes out of business and it's the supporters, most of whom were quite happy rubbing along in the UCL or wherever, who lose out.

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 05:03:36 PM »
I can remember at the pinnicle of my career playing for Hobs Moat United in the South Birmingham Premier that I was paid absolutely bugger all but had the pleasure of playing at such venues as King George V playing fields and Glebe Farm rec on bitterly cold November Sundays.

All I dreamed about was just being good enough to be able to play at a level where there were proper changing rooms and showers that worked. Mind you ,a grand a week would have come in useful as well. If Stefan is getting paid that much then good luck to him- I know there are rumours but he has a talent and he must get a good kicking from opposing defenders just because he is an ex-professional.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 05:26:35 PM »

Me too.

and there's not many that can say that, where is Richard Rufus now btw?

Retired injured.

Online SteveN

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 08:46:28 AM »
...but had the pleasure of playing at such venues as King George V playing fields and Glebe Farm rec on bitterly cold November Sundays.

Is it at Glebe Farm where at least one of the pitches has a 1in4 slope?  I think that's where I played once when we were 5 down at half time going uphill but came out comfortable winners at the end.

Great shame about the Moore brothers, like others I did think they would be something special.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 08:57:58 AM »
...but had the pleasure of playing at such venues as King George V playing fields and Glebe Farm rec on bitterly cold November Sundays.

Is it at Glebe Farm where at least one of the pitches has a 1in4 slope?  I think that's where I played once when we were 5 down at half time going uphill but came out comfortable winners at the end.

Can't remember it's name, but I think I played there as well.  We were also 5 or 6 down at half time after kicking uphill, but ended up losing about 7-2 from memory.   

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal