collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa - Liverpool anti American owners video  (Read 24065 times)

Offline 1_Pablo_Angel

Re: 0% Villa - Liverpool anti American owners video
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2010, 04:54:17 PM »

;D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 04:57:51 PM by Legion »

Offline b23

• GM : 02.09.2019
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2010, 05:50:16 PM »
Not sure if its the right thread but can someone explain how the board can vote for the sale of the club and over rule the "owners" now G&H are taking the club to court as they want £600m?

Surely a board can't go against the owners?

This had been bugging me for a few days too Phil. I spoke to my Liverpool supporting cousin whose job is accountancy. He explained that Hicks and Gillette ( as members of the five man LFC Board of Directors ) had been outvoted on the sale of the club by the other three board members. Its as simple as that really.

He also said that any legal action to stop the sale, by H and G, would be pointless as Company Law legislation would have to be adhered to.

H and G have been voted out.

I do not pretend to understand business but thats my simplistic understanding of the situation.

Lizz. Maybe Sinbad is an Everton fan ?

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2010, 11:42:08 PM »
Lizz. Maybe Sinbad is an Everton fan ?

Nah, He is definitely a redscouse as he was stopping in the same hotel as me in NY in 2002 and was excited about the new signing of Diouf who had a good world cup.

Maybe he was too big to get through the door into the studio or they didn't have a wide angle lens.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2010, 11:27:06 AM »
Not sure if its the right thread but can someone explain how the board can vote for the sale of the club and over rule the "owners" now G&H are taking the club to court as they want £600m?

Surely a board can't go against the owners?

Hicks and Gillette borrowed the money to purchase Liverpool from the RBS and were due to pay it back by x date. That date came and went and as part of the discussions about the debt RBS gave them more time but insisted on having their guy as the chairman who, I think, further appointed the other two board members. Therefore the situation is really RBS voting to get their money back now rather than waiting for a deal that sees G & H making a profit as well.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2010, 12:20:42 PM »

Again i ask  - G&H have been at the club for what 4 years?  in that time they have spent

Torres - 25m
That greek fella - 20m
Ngog
Reina on a 6 year deal
countless other huge money transfers

so what is their scouse fans complaint actually about?????

If Liverpool were in the CL and currently in the top 4 there wouldn't be as much as a peep against the current owners. 

I said pretty much the same thing in the pub yesterday. I know they've been campainging against Hicks and Gillette for a while, but it's only since the Blackpool defeat that's it's really took off.

Benitez spent an awful lot of money on average crap really and that's something the scousers seem happy to forget. Who knows, maybe his very kind £96k donation to the Hillsborough Trust fund has gone some way to making him escape his portion of the blame.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2010, 01:10:05 PM »

Again i ask  - G&H have been at the club for what 4 years?  in that time they have spent

Torres - 25m
That greek fella - 20m
Ngog
Reina on a 6 year deal
countless other huge money transfers

so what is their scouse fans complaint actually about?????

If Liverpool were in the CL and currently in the top 4 there wouldn't be as much as a peep against the current owners. 

I said pretty much the same thing in the pub yesterday. I know they've been campainging against Hicks and Gillette for a while, but it's only since the Blackpool defeat that's it's really took off.

Benitez spent an awful lot of money on average crap really and that's something the scousers seem happy to forget. Who knows, maybe his very kind £96k donation to the Hillsborough Trust fund has gone some way to making him escape his portion of the blame.

If that is the case then the cynic in me think that was a good move to get himself out of any blame for their crisis

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2010, 12:08:26 AM »
this all just makes the Scousers sound a bit racist - Yank owners and a Dago manager buying all them ferriners = root of all evil....

Poor Stevie G is all unhinged by this talk of business and loans and takeovers - being that he's from the pure work-shy robbin and stealin bloodline that makes Liverpool great?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2010, 12:11:32 AM »
?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal