collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeS
[Today at 10:18:37 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 10:17:44 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Tayls_7
[Today at 10:17:21 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Nev
[Today at 10:13:27 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 10:10:44 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dave
[Today at 10:07:38 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 10:04:14 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 10:03:16 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fickle Fans?  (Read 16820 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Fickle Fans?
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2010, 06:03:40 PM »
The simple truth of it is...

You are a bigger club than us
You have or have had more money than us
You have a much better team than us
You have had better managers than us
Your ground is much better than our's
You have a much bigger fan base than us
You have won more tropheys than us,

I accept all of that, i am not a glory supporter as i support my team who play s**t boring football, because my team is in my blood,

and after taking all of that into consideration.... it makes it funny on the odd occasions when we do beat you.  :D
I think that's a fair cop, Guv, even if I'm not actually sure we've always had better managers than you lot.
But, hey! if you follow the team you love - whatever the team - fair play.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2010, 06:05:09 PM »
You under-estimate Albrighton at your peril, pal.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2010, 06:05:23 PM »
hleb who for starters, isnt actually small heaths player... a player who failed at barcelona making 19 appearances in 2 years, and is now currently doing fuck all at small heath?

i do however, rate johnson and dann...

Yes he didnt do very well at Barca but they still brought him.. barcelona dont just buy anyone.. and he also turned down Benfica, Liverpool, Tottenham and Borussia Dortmund to come to us.. although i bet he wishes he hadn't now ;D He would get into the villa side of that there is no doubt.

There's a massive doubt. He'd have to dislodge Ashley Young from the starting 11 and Stephen Ireland from the bench first. He used to be a good player, he might be again, but he's not what we need at the moment.

No he'd just dislodge allbrighton from the right wing..
Not if the manager had any sense he wouldn't.

Albrighton has scored one and created three goals so far this season. Whilst looking to be one of the most dangerous and talked about players in the league.

What has Hleb done? Apart from look extremely slow and miss a couple of easy chances of course.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2010, 06:09:55 PM »
I'm not a fan of booing myself but if people have paid their money and wait till the end of the game to boo, I can't knock them. I'm sure the Liverpool fans were booing the whole situation at the moment on and off the pitch. As for the Blues fans I think the novelty of the Premier League has worn off now they realise they are just making up the numbers and they havn't won any of their "cup finals" against us for a few years. As for their players vs ours, Johnson and Dann were outstanding last season but I'd want to see them repeat it this year before I went overboard. Hleb has had injury and form problems for a few years which is why he's now on loan at Blues - if he gets his form and fitness back he will be great for them for a season but I'm not sure I believe what he says about all those clubs he turned down.

Offline BcfcFIFA11

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2010, 06:11:24 PM »

I actually rate albrighton.. he's a really good player, but if i had the choice between him and hleb ( who isnt even match fit yet ) i'd have Hleb.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2010, 06:14:28 PM »

I actually rate albrighton.. he's a really good player, but if i had the choice between him and hleb ( who isnt even match fit yet ) i'd have Hleb.
Everyone's happy then

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2010, 06:14:50 PM »
hleb who for starters, isnt actually small heaths player... a player who failed at barcelona making 19 appearances in 2 years, and is now currently doing fuck all at small heath?

Yes he didnt do very well at Barca but they still brought him.. barcelona dont just buy anyone.. and he also turned down Benfica, Liverpool, Tottenham and Borussia Dortmund to come to us.. although i bet he wishes he hadn't now ;D He would get into the villa side of that there is no doubt.
the whole "he played for 'x' club, therefore he must be good" nonsense... always amusing when that card gets played...

djemba-djemba played for man utd, therefore, he must be good? see the folly of that assumption...

there is evidently doubt to whether he would get into the villa side, hence this conversation...

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2010, 06:54:20 PM »
I'm actually having a rethink about Johnson after seeing his finish on Saturday, very assured.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2010, 08:00:29 PM »
The Birmingham and Liverpool fans pay their money and as such have the right to boo. It is worth bearing in mind that prior to that match Everton were winless and that Birmingham mustered no shots on target in a home match.

As for their team I think both Dann and Johnson are good players but I'm not sure if I'd rather have them over Collins and Cuellar who I also think are good players. Ferguson has been a good player for them and does a good job of the defensive midfielder role. That said I do think he's the devil incarnate so that is him out.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2010, 08:58:29 PM »
Can everyone stop with this Johnson love in - his behaviour at Villa Park last season along with Stephen Carr makes me think I'd rather see Marlon King and Lee Hughes in a Villa shirt before him. Dann's a good player though. 

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2010, 09:15:23 PM »
BcFc Fifa 11

I am pleased that you are at least able to correctly spell the names of your players - however its hardly surprising when "Hleb" is so similar to "Pleb"  ;)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2010, 09:25:39 PM »

Nah, Johnsons is mediocre at best. Always lunging in, scoring own goals and giving away penalties. Like the penalty at Villa Park for example. Sloppy player.

Offline west sussex villan

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2010, 09:30:45 PM »
Win =  :)
Lose =  >:(

Thats a fact, everyone wants to win. If you don't then your not human. When you lose, someone has to take the blame and it's not the fans paying the money and travelling to the games. Its either the owner, manager or the players. Your not going to clap the players off at full time if you have just lost a game you expected to win. And 40,000 fans (if their still left at full time) arn't exactly going to be silent are they? you've got to let them know how you feel.

Offline Blackcountry Villa

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2010, 09:52:31 AM »
I think theres a song in there for when we play them later this month... 'McLeish is right, your fans are shite!'

Offline WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2010, 09:59:55 AM »
BcFc Fifa 11

I am pleased that you are at least able to correctly spell the names of your players - however its hardly surprising when "Hleb" is so similar to "Pleb"  ;)

Hleb means bread in belarussian - at least I think it does. I was also once on a train to Minsk and got talking to a couple of Belarussians about football. Naturally the conversation turned to Hleb as he was the only Belarussian footballer I knew. They were very disparaging about him as a person and they claimed he'd been involved in some car accident where someone died and that his connections helped him get off. No idea if true of not. I really rated him at Arsenal but he does seem to have lost his way somewhat - well a lot actually as he's ended up in a backstreet in Small Heath.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal