collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fickle Fans?  (Read 16819 times)

Online cdward

Fickle Fans?
« on: October 04, 2010, 03:02:51 PM »
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Birmingham-boss-Alex-McLeish-has-hit-out-against-the-fickle-fans-that-booed-Birmingham-off-the-pitch-after-their-first-home-defeat-in-13-months-article593615.html

So now our neighbours, are accused of being fickle, but i also heard the crowd booing at Anfield.
So the question is, should football fans be allowed to boo, and is it right.
I do think the knuckledraggers have lost all sense of reality and perspecctive if they think they should be beating a team like Everton at home at a canter. I can understand the Liverpool fans frustrations, which are probably aimed at the board rather than the players or manager.
My own view is that if you want to boo you can, as we have experienced though it is hard to get the right message across sometimes

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
Re: Fickle Fans?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 03:07:27 PM »
As a manager, you're on a slippery slope when you start knocking the fans.

I think fans are more demanding these days because they're paying top dollar to watch, by all accounts the Blues were terrible and were very similar to us when we lost 2-0 at home to Wigan.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 03:08:51 PM »
The Blues have always been terrible to watch. Out of all of my Blues mates only one of them goes and she's stopped going now. She said she's never seen them play good football, ever. Even when they were in the CCC and got promoted.

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 03:19:49 PM »
Every team has an element of fickle fans but it's a bit much booing the team when they have been unbeaten at home for a year.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 03:21:08 PM »
I wonder if we are literally better than them in every position. Thankfully I don't know their team off by heart so I can't comment.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 03:26:37 PM »
I wonder if we are literally better than them in every position. Thankfully I don't know their team off by heart so I can't comment.
I'm being completely unbiased when I say that there is not ONE of their players who could get into our starting 11.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 03:30:19 PM »
I'm being completely unbiased when I say that there is not ONE of their players who could get into our starting 11.

Being as their top goal scorer and best player this year was our reserve midfielder you do have a point.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 03:37:40 PM »
I think they have done better than they should expect. Saying that I did say that zigic was gonna be shit and i've been right so far.

I do think Dann is a good player, im now going to go kill myself  ;D

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 03:39:17 PM »
The Blues have always been terrible to watch. Out of all of my Blues mates only one of them goes and she's stopped going now. She said she's never seen them play good football, ever. Even when they were in the CCC and got promoted.

My mate went to Blackpool when they were in the CCC he said they were booing and chanting at ginger twat to fuck off back to scotland

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 03:41:48 PM »
One of the (very) few positives of that lot coming up is it's pretty much killed the myth that they'd pack the place out to the point of needing a 50/60k super stadium.

They've always had a pretty small support base bearing in mind the size of Brum as a city.

Of the supporters that do claim some kind of affinity for them, it's amazing how many of them have a 'second' club, in true lower league style. "I support B-lose but I've always had a soft spot for Chelsea/ Tottenham/ Man U" and so on. Bizarre.  I can't think of many other Prem clubs -outside of possibly Wigan- that could rival them on that one.

Almost as funny as the ones who don't express any interest for football at all -outside of England games and the odd occasion they get one over on us. They all come out of the woodwork then but hash up for the rest of the time.

They're not fickle, they just have limited attention spans.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 03:43:25 PM by KevinGage »

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 03:55:43 PM »

I'd take Hleb and Johnson off their hands and that's about it.

Maybe Steve Carr as well, give him a banjo and get him to re-enact this scene at half time in the centre circle.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 04:29:24 PM »
As a manager, you're on a slippery slope when you start knocking the fans.

I think fans are more demanding these days because they're paying top dollar to watch

Season ticket for two adults and two youngsters in the City Stand - £440 the lot. At any other club that would be a bargain. Tell that to the next one who moans that he would go every week if only he wasn't being ripped off by the Board down there, whoever it is this week.

McLeish is right, the fans are shite.

Online The Man With A Stick

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 04:41:57 PM »
So most of their fans stay at home and even the ones that do go haven't got a clue.  Sounds about right really.

Even in this fantastic year-long unbeaten spell of theirs, they're utter dross to watch.  They just bore teams into submission.  I moaned about the Villa occasionally last year, but they made us look like Brazil '82 at times.

Offline villa1

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 04:51:20 PM »
We've managed to turn this into an anti blues thread.

In reaponse to the initial question, i don't boo when we play poorly but respect the right of others to do so. They pay a lot of money.

Offline BcfcFIFA11

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 05:01:29 PM »

Wrong.. judging by how by collins and richard dunce are playing you'd take scott dann anyday, if he's good enough to intrest man utd who are a much much bigger club than the vile then he would walk into your team atm, arguabley so would roger Johnson, and you can't tell me that allbrighten or however the f**k you spell the b***h's name or petrov are better than Hleb lol ... typical biased Vile view towards their neighbours
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 05:04:46 PM by BcfcFIFA11 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal