collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MOTD - Yet more absolute bollocks  (Read 14103 times)

Offline mr woo

MOTD - Yet more absolute bollocks
« on: October 02, 2010, 10:50:20 PM »
Pretty sure most of you guys saw todays game, either by attendance or stream.

Just watched the highlights on MOTD and thats certainly not a fair reflection of the game I saw earlier.

Surely the most one-sided editing job carried out by the Admiral-Akhbar-loving Spurs-biased wankers yet?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 10:59:58 PM by mr woo »

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
Re: MOTD - Yet more absolute bollocks
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 10:58:09 PM »
Unbelievable.Just showed Spurz  up to our goal when we were well on top for first 30 minutes.It looked like our goal had been scored against the run of play.So f*cking annoying !!

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 11:00:13 PM »
Did you really expect any different?

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 11:18:40 PM »
Why are you so suprised, we were playing a London club who the media love. We could have battered them for 85 mins but the highlights would be made to look like we were on the backfoot.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 01:17:30 AM »
I listened on the radio today and it sounded like spurs bombarding us with the odd counter attack by us.
But Lawro was very complementary about our attacking intent.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 01:26:41 AM »
Didn't see any problem with it to fair to MOTD.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 03:48:39 AM »
Lawro's been a ****** about us lately, still has some agenda over the state Houllier left his beloved Liverpool.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 08:35:11 AM »
Lawro's been a c*** about us lately, still has some agenda over the state Houllier left his beloved Liverpool.

I only hope when he clears his desk at Bodymoor Heath he leaves us in the same state, 12 months from being European Champions and all that.

Offline martyn ellis

• http://www.martin-martyn.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 09:19:48 AM »
The problem with edited highlights is just that - they are edited highlights, which usually equates to goalmouth action or some flowing action or a talking point. In a highlights show you just can't get the feel of a sequence of 15 minutes of dominance unless it has some kind of end product; that end-product was our goal after we had outplayed Spurs early on. They did actually also show a couple of clear-cut chances in the analysis (notably Carew failing to free up Ashley on goal) which did not appear on the main sequence. And to be fair, both Lawro and Hansen found the time to compliment us on our style and attacking intent.

Offline Guy M

• Location: Maidenhead - less than an hour from Zeitgeist on a good day!
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 09:27:46 AM »
Dunne was apparently "made to look a mug" by Van Der Vaart's deft touch for his second goal, according to the MOTD commentator. I just thought it was a lovely piece of skill and didn't need the unpleasant criticism of the defender.

In that position, Dunne has to commit to trying to block the first-time shot. Had he not thrown himself in front of the ball but just attempted to jockey him, VDV would have rifled the ball past Friedel with his first touch instead of his second.

It's splitting hairs, but I thought the phrase was a bit tabloid.

Offline bob

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 10:03:07 AM »
Although I don't often subscribe to the regularly aired view that all shows/pundits/whatever have an agenda against AVFC, or all have a hardon for a club just because they're from London, it did strike me that last night's commentator was a bit over the top.

VDV's certainly a good player, but that comes across without the commentator squealing how every shot he had was so....so close, even though it was a good 3 foot over the bar/wide of the post.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 10:07:42 AM »
The sports round up on the BBC News channel featured our game. They showed the Spurs goals, but not ours.

Draw your own conclusions.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 10:13:29 AM »
The sports round up on the BBC News channel featured our game. They showed the Spurs goals, but not ours.

My conclusion is that Spurs are a top four Champions League side and Villa aren't, what are yours?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 10:19:05 AM »
I wish people could get over this victim mentality / London conspiracy stuff. There probably is some bias, but people overstate it.

Recently, we got outplayed at home by Everton, but the MOTD highlights gave the impression of a much more equal game. The reason? The highlights showed the best chances of the game. The same with yday, for all our good play, Spurs created more chances. Despite us losing, the pundits still spent a fair bit of time talking about villa, possibly to even up the impression of the game having reviewed the impression you would get from the highlights.

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 11:11:26 AM »

My conclusion is that Spurs are a top four Champions League side and Villa aren't, what are yours?

They maybe, but why didn't they show the goals for and against?

Spurs are the new Newcastle

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal