collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Bad English
[Today at 03:19:14 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:08:36 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:04:08 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 02:54:38 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 02:33:46 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by chrisw1
[Today at 02:25:44 PM]

Diego Carlos by Demitri_C
[Today at 02:25:16 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:40:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 43407 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2010, 11:08:43 AM »

Perhaps, but I don't think it would have made much difference.

You're probably right but it's the message it sends out. I do think he'll get it right more often than not though.

I don't think it made a particularly large difference on Saturday, it was more the fact that he'd dropped him after spending most of the week lavishing praise on him that struck me as odd.

Still, it's no massive deal.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2010, 11:11:51 AM »
I think we could do with getting Patrice Bergues to the club, that'd help sort the defence.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #167 on: October 04, 2010, 11:13:59 AM »

Perhaps, but I don't think it would have made much difference.

You're probably right but it's the message it sends out. I do think he'll get it right more often than not though.

I was surprised that Carlos was left out but on reflection I think perhaps it's down to what Houllier has said about wanting us to be better at keeping possession and in that respect Dunne is a better bet. he's also a bit more of a leader.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2010, 11:18:03 AM »
I understand that that might be what has happened, but I'd have thought the fact that Dunne is currently the only human being visible from space might be warning enough.

I dont think Dunne looked out of shape on Sat.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #169 on: October 04, 2010, 11:44:45 AM »
Had we taken our chances we'd have been out of sight. That's the bigger issue.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2010, 12:13:23 PM »
After the way Carlos played against Wolves, he should have kept his place. While it was'nt the reason why we lost, i feel it was Houiller's first mistake since he's been here.

As for the game, we played well i thought, although we missed Heskey badly when he went off and i did'nt think i'd ever say that. I'm encouraged though. Under Houiller, it looks like we could in time be a very good side.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2010, 12:30:13 PM »
Thought NRC was immense always thought he had been short changed by MON.
Probably his best game  in a Villa shirt. I was very impressed with him as he looked so controlled and focused, his passing and movement off the ball were both simple and intelligent. I think during the whole 90 minutes he put just one pass astray. Admitedly his shot from outside the box could have been better but overall, a superb display that can only be down to Gary Mac/Sid's coaching and a large injection of confidence.

I remember when we first signed him and how we would develop him into a quality player...well better late than never. Based on Saturday's performance, we may have just prevented throwing a diamond out with the rubbish.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2010, 12:32:00 PM »
Oh and the referee was abysmal.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2010, 12:34:40 PM »
was dunne all that bad yesterday. looked like he made a couple of great blocks. for me, collins also looks a little out of shape, he never should have left van der vaart for the second goal. Cuellar looks in better shape than both. I think we need to settle on a partnership. It is a very tough one. 

Couple of thing we need to sort out. Reo Coker gets caught ahead of the ball too much which is a disaster with Petrov behind him. He tend to get caught positionally a bit. Warnock and Downing let crosses come in far too easy from the left. I wouldnt have Albrighton in the side personally but good that he is getting game time I guess. Organisation wise we need to smarten up a bit. Still in defence have two players going for the ball, workrate of our wide midfielders needs to improve and we have a hole in central midfield. Still with a fully fit firing trio of Gabby, Ireland and Delph to come in plus a couple of signings in jan we might make a late push for Europe again.

Offline barrysleftfoot

« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2010, 05:32:05 PM »

No Dunne was'nt that bad.If you are being over harsh you could possibly say he could have jumped at VDV, to try and put him off rather than head it, but i could'nt fault him for the 2nd.

The reason why 3Gs pick Dunne ahead of Cuellar is because he passes the ball much better.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #175 on: October 04, 2010, 05:48:08 PM »

No Dunne was'nt that bad.If you are being over harsh you could possibly say he could have jumped at VDV, to try and put him off rather than head it, but i could'nt fault him for the 2nd.

The reason why 3Gs pick Dunne ahead of Cuellar is because he passes the ball much better.

yep, that's how I saw it too. It was a decision that didn't quite work out as planned in hindsight.

So, from the Bee Gees to the Three Gee's.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal