collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Why do I hate Spurs?  (Read 41215 times)

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
Why do I hate Spurs?
« on: September 30, 2010, 08:03:45 PM »
Reading this forum I see many of you detest Spurs as much as myself.  Spurs are the team I detest the most in the league and I often wonder why.  Is it their many players of the past who have flattered to deceive but have been reported as being world beaters when our own better players over the years have often escaped similar accolades.   Is it that they are a similar sized club to ourselves and therefor a threat?

My dislike of spurs has grown with 'Arry's arrival and he seems to fit their 'crafty cockerny' image to such an extent that I can't image them being managed by anyone more tuned in to their image. 

It's not (just) jealousy about them now playing in Europe, we've been there and done things they probably never will.  I hated them when they were shit too.

So, why do I hate them?

Over to you.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Why do I hate Spurs?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 08:09:41 PM »
I despise Spurs, because even my friends who support them become dickheads when they talk about football. Spurs seem to attract a disproportionate number of idiots to support them. Their arrogance given their achievements is phenomenal as well.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 08:12:15 PM »
Its their ideas of grandeur and over inflated ego of their fans - especially if you live in London. Basically they have no history we have. Everton have.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 08:14:38 PM »
It is the overweening ill-founded smugness that does it for me.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 08:31:00 PM »
Its their ideas of grandeur and over inflated ego of their fans - especially if you live in London. Basically they have no history we have. Everton have.

Add to this that, certainly when I was growing up, Spurs seem to have a lot of fans from this area. I could never understand why as they've only ever won a few cups.

Offline Rigadon

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 08:37:04 PM »
I know 2 Spurs fans.  One is a nice guy but we never talk football (I steer away).  The other is a wanker.  The Spurs fans I encountered on the bus last season, it was a later kick off from memory, were utter wankers.  Every club has it's own fair share of idiots for fans I know, but they really do take the shit biscuit.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 08:40:17 PM »
The fact that they are regarded as 'Big Five' but have won far fewer trophies than us.
The media obsession with 'The Spurszzz Way'.
'Arry Redknapp.
Every time they win two games in a row they are about to set out on a fifty-year spell of global domination.
The number of glory-hunters who've never been near the ground but are attracted to the club by the mythology above.
All their players being massively over-rated.
The fact that they force me, albeit only twice a season, to have a grudging respect for Arsenal (a club with genuine history).

Mostly it's the fact that they think they are bigger than Villa and the media, and most neutrals, agree with them. Despite all the stats to the contrary.

Part of this could be blamed on Ellis for failing to capture Villa's history as a marketable product but let's not start that debate again. It's easier to blame Spurs.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 08:47:11 PM »
Reading this forum I see many of you detest Spurs as much as myself.

Don't be so hard on yourself. I hate Spurs far more

Offline luke25

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 08:50:46 PM »
Every spurs fan i know is a complete and utter tool

Offline Simba

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 08:55:44 PM »
I hate them because of the '71 League Cup Final. We outplayed them and when they picked up the cup all you could hear was "Villa!" However, the real clincher came when they paraded the cup in front of us and  Collins - playing in place of an injured England- stuck his bloody tongue out at us. I mean how childish and given the game disrespectful. I almost climbed over the barrier.

I also got beaten up badly ( on my own about six of them) at the FA cup fifth round match at WHL in, Christ when was it, eh '69? Can't remember now. Anyway. Hated 'em ever since.

Offline villan1975

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 09:00:26 PM »
Its the media bias that gets on my nerves and the fact that they can attract players like modric and van der Vaart for the only reason that they are in the so called grand metropolis that is fackin landon.Nope scratch that i hate harry rednap more than any of the above.

Offline Rigadon

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 09:06:43 PM »
Damon, Ha!  Self-loathing maybe? 

It bugs me that I care so much but even the last away game, that "boring, boring Villa" bollocks.  I mean!  The nerve! 

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 09:14:50 PM »
I dislike them, not sure if I hate them though.

I do think they have done a better media job on themselves than we have over the years. Although any club with 17 major trophies isn't exactly small time.

If you also take the last 50 years, they've won more than us, depressingly. Which may also be why the media and "new fans" think more of them than us. Plus of course, they are Lahndan, which is always going to help a club be more "attractive".

Actually, I might hate them, tossers.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 09:20:50 PM »
F.O.Y.S

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 09:26:22 PM »
It's got to be the disproportionate media bias. I saw something once on ESPN Classic which had them beating Arsenal in the SEMI final of the '91 Cup as one of the greatest ever games ever. I literally spluttered into my beer with apoplexy.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal