collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: GH Vs. DOL  (Read 20658 times)

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
Re: GH Vs. DOL
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2010, 07:04:36 PM »

He can steal my hubcaps as long as we keep winning

I`ve said before and I`ll say it again - no car thieves in Brum, London, Manchester, Leeds , Chipping Norton then?
You are all so 1980`s  ;)

There are, however most are travelling crims from scouseland and instead of nicking your hub-caps they are breaking into your house to nick the car keys then steal the car off the drive.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2010, 07:16:48 PM »
I couldn't care a less what he says about Liverpool, he's started very nicely at Villa and I'm happy he is at the club.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2010, 07:16:49 PM »

I`ve said before and I`ll say it again - no car thieves in Brum, London, Manchester, Leeds , Chipping Norton then?
You are all so 1980`s  ;)

I agree VCTM this Scouser = Theif stuff is so boring.  From 2003 to 2006  I spent most of my working week in Liverpool staying overnight.  My car  used be to parked in all sorts of places in the City centre. A couple of times I even forgot to lock it and on one occasion left it overnight with a window open.  To the credit of the City nothing untoward happened.  In that period I stayed at the  Three Way House Hotel ,home of the famous Pudding Club  in the heart of Cotswolds, for a traing course and on the first night my car was broken into and they made a real mess of it!

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2010, 11:41:55 PM »
My car  used be to parked in all sorts of places in the City centre. A couple of times I even forgot to lock it and on one occasion left it overnight with a window open.  To the credit of the City nothing untoward happened.

I used to have a car like that

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2010, 11:47:15 PM »
The only car I've ever had stolen ended up burnt out in Kensington.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2010, 11:55:19 PM »
Not only are all scousers not thieves, they're also not on the dole, which makes the "sign on, sign on" song cringemaking both for its ancientness and the irony of singing this when Birmingham has a higher level of unemployment than Liverpool.

Having said that, though, I fucking hate the Scouse accent. Scousers and Mancs - accents that, when I hear them on someone, automatically make me think they want to knife me.

There. A massive generalisation. I was doing so well, too.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2010, 12:03:01 AM »
My good lady went to University in Liverpool. She was burgled five times in three years but on the bright side drugs were very easy to come by. You cant have it all.

I loved Liverpool, it was great

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2010, 12:06:08 AM »
The very strong versions of the accents from most large cities are not very pleasant to the outsider, to my ears anyway.   

On the other hand, the lighter versions sound better than a  posh or "received" accent, to me anyway.

The Birmingham accent, for all that it is accused of getting every vowel sound wrong, at least manages to pronounce most if not all of the consonants, and has a pleasing mellifluous lilt.

As for the city of Liverpool, I have always liked it, and I have had some great times there.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2010, 12:08:43 AM »
The Birmingham accent, for all that it is accused of getting every vowel sound wrong, at least manages to pronounce most if not all of the consonants, and has a pleasing mellifluous lilt.

Most obliged......I think.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2010, 12:27:55 AM »
And my wife is still friends with her last ex-boyfriend, twelve years after we got married. Nothing a can of petrol and a box of matches won't fix

He can't compete with the Damon Greens of this world.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2010, 01:00:14 AM »
An honest bunch of pyromaniacs.

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2010, 09:34:38 AM »
I think GH and DOL are quite close friends actually. I remember them being last them they were both managing in the PL.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2010, 10:30:47 AM »
Some people just want to be offended.

Yeah its usually can carew be bothered

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2010, 03:50:27 PM »
I think GH and DOL are quite close friends actually

When Houlier first had his heart scare I think Liverpool were playing O'Leary's leeds.

O'Leary, always one for good self-publicity, telling the story of how he sent Houlier a set of golf clubs, telling Houlier to take up golf for relaxation.

I bet O'Leary's playing plenty of golf at the moment....

Anyway, I think they are good friends

And on the subject of Liverpool, I've spent many a lost weekend, off me chops in Garston, Dingle and Tocky. Great place
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 03:53:55 PM by Chico Hamilton III »

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2010, 09:07:31 AM »
Houllier's comment about Liverpool bothered me none but I'm now starting to wonder if he's going to mention them with every interview:

From Soccernet:

But Houllier admits the form of Carlos Cuellar as his replacement has given him a welcome selection headache.

He said: "That sort of headache I can take. A bad headache is when you've not got enough players. Carlos looked strong and solid and reminded me of Jamie Carragher. He goes for everything in the air and is brave."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal