collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa ticket offers  (Read 6147 times)

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
Re: Villa ticket offers
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 01:52:00 PM »
You surely can't knock the club for trying to get people into watch us, and if ST holders are happy, and it seems from on here that the majority are, then it's all good.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 02:01:08 PM »
The club can't win!!!

When the matchday prices were announced there were hundreds of messages on here saying that it was a complete rip-off and the only way to watch the club for a reasonable price was to get a season ticket.

Now they're reducing matchday prices to up the gate on specific games there are hundreds of messages on here saying that season tickets are a rip-off and there's no point getting one.

There are lots of benefits from getting a season ticket, primarily around the convenience of having your own seat, first dibs on major cup games and away matches, cheaper per-game prices.  The club aren't going to destroy that value but equally it's better they sell a seat for £15 than not to sell it at all.  If you choose to just buy the offer tickets then you run the risk of not being able to get a seat where you want it or not getting one at all for the few games we sell out.

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 02:56:33 PM »
One point 3 of games involved are the shit, united and chelsea . So all 10 this season have been discounted so i reckon  this will continue and it will piss st holders off come renewal time. Some bean counter got the pricing well wrong this summer

Offline RunRickyRun

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 07:08:50 PM »
One point 3 of games involved are the shit, united and chelsea . So all 10 this season have been discounted so i reckon  this will continue and it will piss st holders off come renewal time. Some bean counter got the pricing well wrong this summer

I wonder if it was done just to put the prices up for away fans? Maybe there needs to be a thread on 'Things we used to mock other clubs for that we now do ourselves' but I think charging 45 quid to away fans is far (far) too high.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 09:29:37 PM »
Got the 5 game package yesterday. 100 quid for the Blackpool, Manure, Chelsea, Arsenal and SHA games in the north stand. Bargain as it saves me 43 quid.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 09:59:05 PM »
For me, it's the convenience of a one off purchase that makes a season ticket attractive, and not having to bother about deciding where to sit for each game.

Reminds of me holiday prices - some people get better deals than others, but take chances on certain things, whereas others pay more and know exactly what they're getting. Hopefully.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal