collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Shirts  (Read 3791 times)

Offline IrishCockney

Villa Shirts
« on: September 27, 2010, 10:30:10 PM »
I'm heading off into the Andes, Peru in 3 weeks time.  Thought it would be good to spread the Gospel according to Aston Villa amongst the natives.

I already have 2 Villa tops with Solano on the back that I intend to donate to the local kids.  If anyone has any more that they would like to donate please PM me, thanks.

Offline Pat McMahon

Re: Villa Shirts
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 06:03:11 AM »
Irish Cockney,

Sorry I can't help with the shirts, though I could probably rustle up some fakes from the markets here. You will have a fantastic time in Peru, a really great country, but keep your wits about you in downtown Lima. Nobby was playing for us when I was there so he was an easy source of conversation with locals in my comedy Spanish.

At that time Solano was a national hero so I saw a few Villa shirts scattered around the country. Having said that Peru hadn't fallen victim to the Sky propaganda and other S American football was the main staple on TV, with a fair amount of Barca and Real Madrid thrown in. I went to a game in Cuzco and until I came to China had never seen such poor top flight football - comedy diving and histrionics, with players rolling 10 metres after a foul to gain advantage.

Please PM me if you need any tips etc.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 08:39:42 AM »
I have this seasons shirt I could donate....

Oh, wait....

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 09:05:58 AM »
One of my Macedonian relatives wants a Villa shirt to wear while workng in his cafe.  He's not bothered about it being the new one (just as well) as long as it's XXL.  I've asked my old dear to try and find one but she reckons most of the shops have had to withdraw the old ones because of the change in sponsor.  Does anyone know where she might be able to buy one around Brum or the Black Country? Or is there a reliable online outlet?   Any help appreciated.

Offline DBTW

• http://fansunite.17.forumer.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 10:58:56 AM »
The club shop at Villa Park had some of last seasons shirts in XXL when I went in on Monday.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 12:31:50 PM »
Cheers DBTL I'll check it out.

Offline Dave Javu

• GM : 31.07.2019
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 03:34:58 PM »

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 04:21:18 PM »
One of my Macedonian relatives wants a Villa shirt to wear while workng in his cafe.  He's not bothered about it being the new one (just as well) as long as it's XXL.  I've asked my old dear to try and find one but she reckons most of the shops have had to withdraw the old ones because of the change in sponsor.  Does anyone know where she might be able to buy one around Brum or the Black Country? Or is there a reliable online outlet?   Any help appreciated.

ebay?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal