collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Young's new central role  (Read 9652 times)

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
Re: Young's new central role
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2010, 07:54:42 PM »
Assuming that we play a rigid and non-flexible formation al la MON, to play Young in the central role means that Ireland will have to be shoe-horned into an unfamiliar position.  This would negate his quality.

Therefore if I had to pick one player to play behind a striker it'd be Ireland as Young has proven that he is already a class winger. 

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2010, 12:57:03 AM »
Ireland is most effective behind the strikers and Mr H will be working on how to arrange that ......

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2010, 12:05:36 PM »
I'm still not sold 100% on Young being central.  I think he's played well there, but has it really been any better than when he was wide?

I think we know it works now and it will remain an option, but I'd rather him revert to a the left and get Ireland in the side, thus giving us another potential match winner playing.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2010, 03:44:34 PM »
I think it would be better to have Young as more of an inside-left, with greater license to cut in and be more central when we have the ball than Albrighton/Downing on the other wing, with Ireland playing more as a central player. In any case, it would hopefully be fluid enough that if there's space on the left and Ireland is in the best position to move into it and exploit it, then he would go there. I think it was Fergie who said that fixed positions only really matter when you don't have the ball, that all the rest of it is about moving and trying to find and make space, wherever it turns up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal