collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ashley Young willing to sign a new contract.  (Read 25979 times)

Offline Holtenderinthesky

Ashley Young willing to sign a new contract.
« on: September 23, 2010, 07:10:57 PM »
http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6395433,00.html

If that is the case then we should move heaven and earth to get him to the table as soon as possible.  We have seen what can happen when a player has only 1 or 2 years left on his current deal and with Spurs sniffing around and the constant threat of Arab oil money we should sign him asap.  He has been a real oasis of light in a desert of darkness up to now this season and our best player by far imo.  Hopefully now with GH at the helm he will show the form we know he is capable of and get himself into the England side and push us up the table.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
Re: Ashley Young willing to sign a new contract.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 07:25:39 PM »
We have to sort this out quick.
Obviously Spurs would be a step up for him, a long term contract would stop them sniffing around.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 07:25:56 PM »
but surely these direct quotes from the man himself are wrong...

surely he is desperate to move back to london (despite coming from stevenage), and is desperate to join spurs?!?

thats how the meeja "understand" the situation, and never tire of telling us...

it must be a mistranlsation, that he has always wanted to stay and would be delighted to sign a new deal..

surely what he actually said was, "the meeja havent completely made up this link to another club and then backed it up with lies from a 'close source', at all... i am desperate to move back to london, despite the fact that i am not from london, and i am desperate to leave the villa for any meeja favourite flavour of the month club..."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 09:49:11 AM by pablopicasso_10 »

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 07:26:26 PM »
If he isn't signed up before January it's time to give up.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 07:28:04 PM »
The General said they are working on it so lets hope....

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 07:28:43 PM »
Well he's come out in the press twice and said if he was offered a contract he'd sign. I'd say let's just get him signed up.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 07:31:30 PM »
I just hope and prey we can sign him up on a long term deal.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 07:38:31 PM »
Echo the other comments in here, I rate him very highly and believe he is key to anything we want to achieve. Fantastic player.

Offline supertom

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 07:40:50 PM »
Get it done. Ash is key for us. He's hitting form again. He's got 4 goals already this season, and it's high time he started to hit double figures. He's got close the last 3 seasons, but really, he needs to start getting 10-15 for us, especially with Milner gone. I believe he'll do that this term.

Online vilan461

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 09:36:20 PM »
Echo the other comments in here, I rate him very highly and believe he is key to anything we want to achieve. Fantastic player.
  Agree 101% Ash is the main key to our future---get the deal sorted signed and delivered asap--Singing hi hi Ashley Ashley Young----

Online lovejoy

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 10:52:09 PM »
We have to sort this out quick.
Obviously Spurs would be a step up for him, a long term contract would stop them sniffing around.

Spurs step up - tongue in cheek icon missed off?

Offline JJ-AV

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 11:04:32 PM »
I think he's massively underrated by some Villa fans. I think he's probably the best forward player we've had since Yorke.

I just think he needs to be played through more. Which is why he doesn't work for England. If he does move on, I hope it's to Man Utd as opposed to Spurs or Citeh, as he's better than that.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 11:06:26 PM »
I think he's massively underrated by some Villa fans. I think he's probably the best forward player we've had since Yorke.

He's an infuriating player in some ways, but those ways are almost always about him not playing to the full extent of his talents.

He is, though, an incredibly watchable player. We have a lot of very good players, but not many watchable ones. If he left, we would be much, much poorer for it.

Offline JJ-AV

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 11:27:57 PM »
Aye, for me there isn't anything more exciting on a football pitch than Ashley in full flight running and committing fullbacks - especially when he's in tandem with Gabby.

Offline jembob

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 11:47:41 PM »
Some very positive quotes from Ash which are in stark comparison to Gabby's less than enthusiastic interview at the weekend. It's good to see a player like him viewing the changes at VP as something which can have a positive impact rather than the likes of Petrov who seemed to want KMac to stay on because they like him and he's going to give them an easy ride. Ash obviously has ambition to win things with us and it would be good to hear some of the other players coming out with good stuff like this too.

We need to sort this out as a matter of urgency, as he's our best player by far and his commitment to the club will speak volumes to other players thinking of joining us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal