collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season ticket prices....  (Read 7150 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Season ticket prices....
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 07:24:23 PM »
Simply supply and demand.

Germany has higher attendances than England though.

True but that's down I'd say to teams like Blackburn, Wigan, Bolton all with minimal home and away support.

If they all went down for instance to be replaced by say Leeds, Forest and Derby then attendances home and away would go up.

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 12:11:53 PM »

Could that be because they charge lower ticket prices? I'm not being a smart arse, I have no idea how much an average ticket to a Bundesliga game is, which may be a factor in attendances there.

.. and they have safe standing.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2010, 12:36:08 PM »

Could that be because they charge lower ticket prices? I'm not being a smart arse, I have no idea how much an average ticket to a Bundesliga game is, which may be a factor in attendances there.

And considerably more sensible ticket pricing.

The most depressing (and depressingly predictable) thing about Sky era, monied football is that with all that money coming into the game from TV, it didn't go towards subsidising ticket prices, rather it went straight to players and agents.

That's all very short term. Lower (as in much lower) ticket prices would result in substantially larger attendances, and also introduce a new generation of supporters to match attending.

I don't have kids, so it isn't a problem I'll have to face, but I struggle to imagine how a lot of parents manage to cope finding the money to bring their children to watch football matches.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 12:46:29 PM by TimTheVillain »

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2010, 12:52:12 PM »

True but that's down I'd say to teams like Blackburn, Wigan, Bolton all with minimal home and away support.

If they all went down for instance to be replaced by say Leeds, Forest and Derby then attendances home and away would go up.

You could say the same about Hertha Berlin & Fortuna Dusseldorf.

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2010, 01:02:59 PM »

And considerably more sensible ticket pricing.

The most depressing (and depressingly predictable) thing about Sky era, monied football is that with all that money coming into the game from TV, it didn't go towards subsidising ticket prices, rather it went straight to players and agents.

That's all very short term. Lower (as in much lower) ticket prices would result in substantially larger attendances, and also introduce a new generation of supporters to match attending.

I don't have kids, so it isn't a problem I'll have to face, but I struggle to imagine how a lot of parents manage to cope finding the money to bring their children to watch football matches.

I gave up my 20 year old Season Ticket purely for the cost last year. Change in career direction and my son playing Saturdays and Sunday meant I was missing games. Something I could no longer do. We still go when we can, but pick and choose (bloody fickl3). If the were generally lower, I would make the effort for us both to go.

And, on  a side note, I'd love to stand again.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2010, 01:12:11 PM »
Cheap prices don't guarantee big gates though. Look at the Blackburn match, £10 a ticket and we get our lowest gate for years.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2010, 01:15:07 PM »
I think the fact it was Blackburn had someting to do with it. The crowd against Cardiff last year would have been very low if it hadn't been for a large number of away fans to swell the gate. Still, early rounds and all that.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2010, 01:24:58 PM »
Two things.

The fact we have had such a fractured start to the season would have contributed against Blackburn. That and the fact we played them 5 times last season and they don't exactly playing a game that is pretty to watch do they.

On the German thing, we went in the club shop when we were in Hamburg. You could buy a season ticket there for cheaper than the cost of a replica shirt.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2010, 01:27:36 PM »
Cheap prices don't guarantee big gates though. Look at the Blackburn match, £10 a ticket and we get our lowest gate for years.

A lot of whom will be the same people who fork out PL prices the rest of the season, hence the reluctance to go and see us play a side we played at home three times last season.

It's the same elsewhere, small crowds for the early rounds of the CC, but you can't divorce it from the cost of attending PL matches.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal