collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Collymore slams MOTD and Sheeeeeeeeeearer  (Read 15581 times)

Offline Mazrim

Re: Collymore slams MOTD and Sheeeeeeeeeearer
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2010, 02:43:18 PM »
Good for you Stan.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2010, 02:59:10 PM »
It needs someone who isn't an ex-pro to shake up the cosy cartel. Adrian Chiles would have been good but Colin Murray isn't the answer. Shearer, Hansen and Lawrenson should all go. Out of the ones they already employ, Dixon and Claridge would be the best. The only way I would keep Shearer is if Roy Keane gets the push and is available to sit next to him. That would make for interesting chemistry.

Offline johnny from donny

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2010, 04:11:07 PM »
I like listening to Collymore, he's honest enough to admit to his mistakes and takes his job seriously enough to research & do his homework on the players he's going to be watching.  To me he comes across as balanced & fair.  Certainly better than Quinn or Parry.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2010, 04:26:33 PM »
One of the things that didn't sit exactly right with me when Phil Thompson was offered the Villa assistant manager's position was my opinion of his punditry. While I would have supported any additions Houllier wished to make if he thought they would have been good for the club, there was always a thought nagging me which said "he talks absolute shite on telly, so why would he necessarily make a good assistant manager now?" Pundits don't necessarily have the nous to go back into the game and those that have just left the game don't necessarily have the nous to make good pundits.

Offline Michel Sibble

• Wiibble.
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2010, 05:00:12 PM »
Controversial idea:

Take MOTD on the road. For example the featured game for this Sat is Wet Spam vs Cockspuds.

Have the host and one well-spoken fan from each club (preferably from a fanzine) in a studio in Upton Park

Have them talk sense.

Next week have them from White Hart Lane (Spuds vs Us) and have either DW or the Fear on the studio couch.

At a stroke you make the porgramme relatable to the viewing audience and you save licence fee money on Hansen/Shearer/Dixon/cabbage/Lawro.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 05:01:44 PM by Michel Sibble »

Offline peter w

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2010, 05:00:59 PM »
To be fair to the Gillette Soccer Sauturday 4 they do put their opinions across quite honestly and that's as much part of the success of the programme. Well, as well as Jeff.

Because its not on Freeview anymore, and my laptop is bloody broken (thank God for work days...) I had to follow the game via the BBC red button which meant Gabby Yorath, Mark Bright, and Garth Crooks. All I can say is fucking-hell.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2010, 05:10:03 PM »
Just out of interest and im a little younger than most. Why does everyone hate Stan? To be fair to him for all the hate he's right!

Offline Michel Sibble

• Wiibble.
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2010, 05:12:11 PM »
Anger at his wasted talent, I guess.

That and his domestic abuse episode.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2010, 05:13:35 PM »
The soccer Saturday team is a good mix who work well together. They all tell it straight too. Also the humour isn't forced like Lawrenson and Hansen (not much natural rappart considering they must have played together 200 times).  If the BBC red button=Yorath,Bright and Crooks I'd sooner watch teletext!

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2010, 05:17:14 PM »
Anger at his wasted talent, I guess.

That and his domestic abuse episode.

Well the domestic abuse was never proven was it? Fair enough for hating him for that but if we hate him for wasting talent should we start a list to hate?

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2010, 05:18:31 PM »
The soccer Saturday team is a good mix who work well together. They all tell it straight too. Also the humour isn't forced like Lawrenson and Hansen (not much natural rappart considering they must have played together 200 times).  If the BBC red button=Yorath,Bright and Crooks I'd sooner watch teletext!
I can vouch for that, Yorath is without doubt the worst commentator ever, talks more shite than that scouse twat quinny (i think thats him). Both really make my blood boil!

Offline peter w

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2010, 05:34:47 PM »
I can vouch for that, Yorath is without doubt the worst commentator ever, talks more shite than that scouse twat quinny (i think thats him). Both really make my blood boil!

She doesn't talk shite just doesn't know what she's talking about. Crooks is cringeworthy in his attempt to be white and Bright just looks like he wants the money as he is head and shoulders better than the other two clowns. But his accent means its impossible to take him seriously. Wrong thread I know, and I'll be hung for it, but he sounds gay.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2010, 05:39:19 PM »
Just out of interest and im a little younger than most. Why does everyone hate Stan? To be fair to him for all the hate he's right!

Collymore has been a big Twat in the past, no doubt still can be, but i always liked him, dont know why, he just always had something likeable about him,
 i can also see why people hate him,

but he was down and out at one time, with his antics and suffering depression, so to see him comeback to some sort of media succes deserves a bit of credit.

but he was not  successful playing for Villa, he did have one or two memorable games when he showed what he could do, but not nearly enough.
one game he would be the best player on the pitch, then the next game he was the worse, but that was stan, and unfortunatley the times when he was crap were more regular, so yes he was a wasted talent, certainly at Villla

he seems more happy in his own skin now and thats good to see, because he definitely is a Villa fan

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2010, 05:50:44 PM »
Gary Lineker is a boring sod who attempts futile jokes.
Alan Shearer is another boring sod, zero personality and his voice could send you into a snooze.
Alan Hanson is actually pretty good. Makes good analysis, is fair and will even criticize Liverpool.
Lee Dixon... yawn.

To liven MOTD up they should have Gazza as presenter with Collymore and Paul Merson as the anaylistical professors.

P.S. I do not watch MOTD anymore - Football First all the way babyyy.

Offline KRS

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2010, 06:04:16 PM »
I expect a few cynical retorts from the MOTD "pundits" this weekend.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal