collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Another kit delay?  (Read 5186 times)

Offline cfetters

• Dawgman.com
Another kit delay?
« on: September 21, 2010, 03:27:35 PM »
I saw the posts a while ago about delays with the new kit, but I just got this new note in my email just a few minutes ago.

---------------------------------------

Thank you for your recent order

I write to you today with regards to your Aston Villa order. Unfortunately we are experiencing delays from the supplier for both the home and away kits. We have been informed by the supplier that we shall be getting the kit in around the end of November.

Please advise me if you are able to hold for the item or if you wish to cancel the item off the order.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

-------------------------------------------

Anyone else just get the same note? 

-C.

Offline DBTW

• http://fansunite.17.forumer.com
  • GM : May, 2012
Re: Another kit delay?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 03:30:58 PM »
After attending the SCG on Saturday, it was clear that Villa are as upset as the fans. They were very vocal about their displeasure regarding the situation, and speaking to them directly cleared a lot of confusion up.

If you want to ask anything please do. I think most things were covered.

Offline pig

• GM : 01.04.2016
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 04:07:06 PM »
I hope we won't be renewing our deal with Nike, we have been treated like a second class customer. I don't mind who makes our kits, as long as they are out by August and can generate the club some money.

Offline K3Villa

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 04:09:49 PM »
Can any talented bods out there do a mock up of an adidas kit based on current kits in circulation? I've always wanted a Villa adidas kit.

Offline montague

• GM : 13.12.2015
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 05:32:44 PM »
Can any talented bods out there do a mock up of an adidas kit based on current kits in circulation? I've always wanted a Villa adidas kit.

West ham used to have an adidas kit - see below link

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/p340153/1980-83-West-Ham-Home-Shirt-S/product_info.html

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 05:34:09 PM »

West ham used to have an adidas kit - see below link

That looks like something from the ProStars catalogue.

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/p340153/1980-83-West-Ham-Home-Shirt-S/product_info.html

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 07:47:25 PM »
sick joke---so embarrasing......

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 08:14:01 PM »
After attending the SCG on Saturday, it was clear that Villa are as upset as the fans. They were very vocal about their displeasure regarding the situation, and speaking to them directly cleared a lot of confusion up.

If you want to ask anything please do. I think most things were covered.

I keep asking but no-one has said what was discussed

Offline El Hurricane

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 10:34:48 PM »
What is the SCG ? Can't we approach Adidas to do the 3rd kit for us a great contingency plan?

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 10:38:58 PM »
What is the SCG ? Can't we approach Adidas to do the 3rd kit for us a great contingency plan?

The Gen says we have another year left on the Nike contract.

Wouldn't it be good to be able to get out of that contract due to 'unsatisfactory performance' and get Adidas in for next season.

Villa aren't ruthless enough.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 10:47:25 PM »
I don't want us to keep changing kit suppliers, I'd be happy to stay with Nike. Providing we are correctly compensated for this monumental fuck up and it doesn't happen again.

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 12:05:58 AM »
I'd love for us to get a manufacturer that'll do up some of sewiek's designs. They received an almost unanimously favoured response on here.

Offline Leighton

• Location: Walsall Wood. Home of the protesting Jesus on a telegraph pole.
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 01:21:31 AM »
I wouldn’t be surprised if we switched to Umbro next summer. It is not totally undoable with Nike either, because Nike now own Umbro. What would be even better is if Umbro produced a shirt for us with the same template as the new England shirt, with the Granddad style collar, and brought back the classic double hoops around the neck.

Similar to this professional design that I posted on here a few seasons ago.

Offline KRS

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 01:24:42 AM »
Has anyone actually sent the popular sewiek design to the General or asked for his opinion/feedback?

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 02:17:57 AM »
I think it was suggested but the contract with Nike is in place and there's no way they'd just run off our own design when they've got their own templates (from 2 seasons ago!).

Some of his stuff was brilliant, though! It makes me wonder what really goes on with the thinking of these kit manufacturers that they never consult the fans as to what they'd like to see. You'd think if they took a cursory glance over the pages of fans forums like this (and I'm guessing that other teams forums have their own talented people doing mock-ups), they'd latch onto a design that seems very popular and do something similar to maximise their income streams...and that of the club their designing for.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal