collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bottler to manage grief merchants?  (Read 53870 times)

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
Re: Bottler to manage grief merchants?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 09:54:46 AM »
I think the story's nonsense, but selfish walkout aside, I still rate him as a manager.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 09:57:35 AM »
If it is true, the new owners will have to be prepared for their wage bill to go through the roof, mainly for mediocre players who won't get a look in.

Yes because they were a model of financial prudence under Benitez.

Without checking I think it's safe to assume our wage bill was much lower than theirs and we finished above them last season.

Still on his side, then?

Just stating facts, I thought you might be avove that sort of sub-Everall type posturing, seems I over estimated you.

You certainly did. Just like you invariably over-estimate our managers. 

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 11:23:26 AM »
Marton O'Neill is a fine manager, but what in God's name does he want from a club he manages? If he thinks Liverpool is a better bet than Villa then good luck to him but from what I saw of the Red Scouse yesterday, they have a lot of mediocre players and a sprinkling of ones that should be a class above, but aren't. Were it not for Gerrard and Torres, despite the latter's form, I think Villa would have the better squad.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 11:26:02 AM »
Marton O'Neill is a fine manager, but what in God's name does he want from a club he manages? If he thinks Liverpool is a better bet than Villa then good luck to him but from what I saw of the Red Scouse yesterday, they have a lot of mediocre players and a sprinkling of ones that should be a class above, but aren't. Were it not for Gerrard and Torres, despite the latter's form, I think Villa would have the better squad.

I thought Liverpool were beyond awful yesterday.

Hopefully Torres and Gerrard (and Reina) will get tired of it and demand out.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 11:35:26 AM »
MON seemed to have carte blanche to do whatever he liked at Villa without any supervision whatsoever, he's not going to get anywhere near that sort of freedom elsewhere, I think both he and Villa will regret the parting of the ways in time.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 11:40:52 AM »
It would only be good news for us if MOn went to Liverpool. Sadly he'd be lucky to last a season before he'd be found out.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 11:41:58 AM »
Good luck to him and them, they'll all need it.

That shower of shite are welcome to the twat.

I'd feel really sorry for Woy.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 12:09:49 PM »
He won't manage another English team unless they have shit loads of money compared to the rest (Man Utd/Chelsea/Man City) because he knows he won't do any better than what he did at Villa.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 12:13:35 PM »
For someone who had three 6th place finishes in a row and a Cup Final in his last, he's getting an awful lot of grief. This, as some seem to have not noticed, is the best Villa have consistenly done for many a year.

A sending off for Vidic and Dunne not fucking it up and we could've won the cup. But, based on a referees decision and a player making a mistake, MON is deemed a failure.

I know why people don't like him, but he seems to be being put in the same brackets as DOL, which seems very bizarre considering how well he did for us.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 12:17:37 PM »
He won't manage another English team unless they have shit loads of money compared to the rest (Man Utd/Chelsea/Man City) because he knows he won't do any better than what he did at Villa.
Well he's buggered then. Can you see him getting a job outside the UK? No chance. I still think he'll end up at Newcastle or Sunderland.

Offline Mark H

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 12:18:12 PM »
If it is true, the new owners will have to be prepared for their wage bill to go through the roof, mainly for mediocre players who won't get a look in.

They had one of them he was the FSW - players bought that have never kicked a ball for them !

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 12:25:52 PM »

They had one of them he was the FSW - players bought that have never kicked a ball for them !
As i've already written, that makes it even less likely that they'd want another wastrel like Doh'Neill.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2010, 12:36:50 PM »
I know why people don't like him, but he seems to be being put in the same brackets as DOL, which seems very bizarre considering how well he did for us.

That's mainly because of the manner and timing of his departure.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2010, 12:40:00 PM »
I would be quite staggered if this happened to be honest.

They are welcome to him if it did come to pass mind.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2010, 12:46:43 PM »
For someone who had three 6th place finishes in a row and a Cup Final in his last, he's getting an awful lot of grief. This, as some seem to have not noticed, is the best Villa have consistenly done for many a year.

A sending off for Vidic and Dunne not fucking it up and we could've won the cup. But, based on a referees decision and a player making a mistake, MON is deemed a failure.

Shame on you for resorting to facts.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal