collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Michael Owen ?  (Read 14526 times)

Offline montague

• GM : 13.12.2015
Re: Michael Owen ?
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM »
When Newcastle were relegated I thought he might be worth a punt. Now? No thank you.

I agree. His time at United has shown how far he has 'gone'.

He hardly played which is the issue. When he did play - the last minute goal v City and against us in the Final for example, he looked pretty useful to me.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2010, 04:53:15 PM »
My hope with the appointment of Houllier was that we now would have the chance to get some of the latest French fashions but instead it appears we still want to be shopping in TK-Max.

The French players hate the French FA, why would they want to now follow him to Villa?

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2010, 05:15:50 PM »
My hope with the appointment of Houllier was that we now would have the chance to get some of the latest French fashions but instead it appears we still want to be shopping in TK-Max.

The French players hate the French FA, why would they want to now follow him to Villa?

I said, 'latest' French fashions.....we don't know who they are, he will.

Offline Irreverent ad

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2010, 05:16:42 PM »

Do we know the reason for the walk out, as i'm not sure? Not sure i'd want many of the players who went to te world cup with France...

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2010, 05:19:53 PM »
He still has the legs for it? Just because he can play 45 minutes of a testimonal does not mean he can still turn it on in the Premiership over a sustained period of time.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2010, 05:21:30 PM »
To repeat what I posted eslewhere, would he qualify as a bums on seat signing or has his injury record diluted his reputation? I'm always shocked at how young he is.

Online The Man With A Stick

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2010, 05:38:51 PM »
He might have some good racing tips, but other than that I've no idea what he would offer.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2010, 01:18:06 PM »
If Owen is the type of player he's looking at bringing in, then it doesn't look good. I'd have Gabby and Fonz over him anyday. Hopefully he'sll see that when he finally joins us.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2010, 02:15:30 PM »
If Owen is the type of player he's looking at bringing in, then it doesn't look good. I'd have Gabby and Fonz over him anyday. Hopefully he'sll see that when he finally joins us.

Id have Owen and Gabby, Gabby does the running and Owen gets the goals in every time. Theres gotta be a reason the Fonz dont play, id have a fit Wiemann in front of Fonz

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal