collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Any questions?  (Read 8339 times)

Offline peter w

Re: Any questions?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 10:58:31 AM »
Accept it as a bad job and shrug?

Like you did with your endless halal food / local community hectoring?

Absolutely.

Hectoring? It was a genuine question. Just because you didn't give a shite. Funny when its turned around and you have your gripe about how busy it sometimes is when you're leaving a ground with 30 000 + people in, you think that the world will stop until we get to the bottom of the mystery lights and policeman.

No, Peter, the difference is I've asked this question once.

You've asked yours 300 times.

And for what it's worth, I did give a shite, as I said at the time. The difference was, you then went on and on about it and generally acted like a tit.

If you're going to be an arse, go and wind someone else up.

You're the one banging on about it. Funny how you easily fall into a strop when it appears people don't care in your cause. As it is I do think the local community thing is very important. I don't care if you do. don't did, didn't.

Acting like a tit? Being an 'arse'. Seems like its you at the moment.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 10:59:55 AM »
Steady on Peter.
It's a subject hardly worth falling out over.

Offline peter w

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 11:00:58 AM »
Peter.
I think the traffic problem and how it's dealt with around Villa Park is a tad more important than halal meat.

You may be right. But I'm not sure how the layout of the ground and the roads around it can make it any easier to get 30 000 people out of the ground. There will be traffic. There always has been traffic. Its part and parcel of the matchday.

As for halal meat, I agree. It is more important to many. I have no problem with that.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 11:04:27 AM »
You really can't help yourself, can you.

Firstly, when you started your local community questioning, I was supportive of it, as you had a point. So it certainly was not something i didn't "give a shite" about.

Secondly, I raised it because you suggested that when I post something once - on a thread concerning questions at the SCG, I shrug it off and give it up as a bad job, and throw in a snide point about "how would you know"

Thirdly, I've asked once. Not 300 times, once.

Fourthly, I've not suggested that the world revolves around me and traffic, I've posed - once - what I would suggest is a relevant question to ask.

I don't get you sometimes, you really are your own worst enemy, going out of your way to wind people up. All you do is end up pissing off the people who actually think you had a point to begin with. It's a bit silly, really.

Also:

Peter.
I think the traffic problem and how it's dealt with around Villa Park is a tad more important than halal meat.

You may be right. But I'm not sure how the layout of the ground and the roads around it can make it any easier to get 30 000 people out of the ground. There will be traffic. There always has been traffic. Its part and parcel of the matchday.

If you'd bothered to read what I said before seeing your chance to go on the wind up, you might have noticed that it's nothing to do with suggesting the problem is the layout of the roads around the ground, it is the way the police handle the traffic flow at a certain choke point.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 11:06:05 AM by pauliewalnuts »

Offline myf

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 11:04:45 AM »
Can you ask if and when they expect to apply for planning permission for a new North Stand, and when the plans are likely to be released for public consultation.

It would be nice if the fans could have the opportunity to comment on the plans before any application is submitted.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 11:07:15 AM »
Can you ask if the potatoes will be humanely killed in the new restaurant?

Offline MarkM

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 11:40:51 AM »
My seat is in the Holte End corner that meets the Trinity Road stand.

As it is close to the front it does get wet when it rains, this is ok however the huge deluge that comes down from the joins in the stand roof is really bad.

Can you ask them if their is anything they can do to at least stem the flow of the water pouring down [as my sons does complain a lot!]

Thanks

Mark

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 11:48:25 AM »
Erm, I'm not really sure how to phrase this question but it's about the Villa bus, in particular AV5 which goes through Streetly, Aldridge and Brownhills. I've no problem with the service itself because it's superb and it's value for money, but I talk with the hostess Maggie when I'm on there and she's having a really hard time with the promotion of the service. Basically she struggles against a lack of promotion in the service and does virtually everything herself, and even then the bus is still only half full. By all accounts the other services are chock a block. I suggested a Facebook group but she doesn't know how to use it. What she suggested was mentioning it on the compliments slips that people get with their tickets, or putting in some promotional literature when sending out season tickets and half season tickets to the areas involved.

I guess if you were going to boil the question down it would be 'Can the club do anything to promote the Villa Bus services more proactively?'

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2010, 02:37:01 PM »
Can you ask about staff numbers please and why we have so many more than Spurs and Everton ?

It is really doing my head in. Please.

Even if I doubt they can answer in reflection of Spurs and Everton I'm clinging onto every buoy of hope in my endeavour to resolve the argument.

Offline Mike Jeffries

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2010, 03:00:07 PM »
I'm attending the Supporters Consultation Group tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any questions they would like me to put to the heads of departments?

I'll see you there Dave.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2010, 09:25:48 PM »
Don't like moving local Derbies match to 12pm on Sundays, and 12.45 kick off on Saturdays. Can't we have a guarantee of 50% of home matches on Saturday 3pm :) (as long we are not in uefa cup)

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2010, 09:33:23 PM »
So any feed back from the meeting?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2010, 09:35:17 PM »
I'd be interested to know their opinions on why they've increased matchday prices again this season particularly in these harsh economic times.

Take the empty seats today, particualry in the Upper trinity. A "Villa value" game and I think it cost 38 quid for an adult to sit there? Same for Upper Witton.

Villa Park is not a cheap ground anymore for non season ticket holders so interested whether they'll freeze matchday ticket prices for the next few seasons or even reduce them particularly if dare I say it we're not top 6 occupants in the next year or two.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2010, 09:58:15 PM »
Peter.

Don't bother trying to be rational with him, Mark, he's on one of his rebel without a cause crusades this morning. Anything for a dig.

Please don't mention the crusades as this  could cause a roit in Small Heath with the Pope in Birmingham tomorrow ;) :P

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2010, 09:58:26 PM »
So DBTW what happened at the SCG today?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal