collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Why has Mac not played the "Fonz" ??  (Read 13410 times)

Offline eastie

Re: Why has Mac not played the "Fonz" ??
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2010, 08:54:07 PM »
Maybe he's not good enough but we won't really know till he gets more chance, we know heskey is not good enough and has had way too many chances so I'd far rather see fonz coming on as a sub than heskey!

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2010, 09:08:40 PM »
Maybe he's a little behind.

Unlike Gareth Barry, then?

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2010, 10:14:02 PM »
I've honestly never seen anything in Delfounuso to make me think he looks even remotely ready, i'm now wondering if he'll ever be ready.

KMac had no problem giving Albrighton and Clark a chance.  With Gabby being injured, Fonz's absence makes me think there's more Luke Moore style wishful thinking going on here than actually having a player ready to contribute.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 03:38:53 AM by OzVilla »

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2010, 08:23:38 PM »
For me I think he looks a promising player. Last season it seemed that when ever he got the chance he was good and he frequently scored. To me that was what matters.

I don't know what it is; maybe he is another Luke Moore (Who I swore blind was going to be our 20 goal a season man) or maybe it is actually what Kev says with the lad lacking confidence after a poor pre-season and run of form. I just hope he can re-gain that confidence.

Similarly, I look to Weimann the same way. Both of them have the makings of a good striker with the potential to score loads of goals. How long is Weimann out for?

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2010, 08:32:04 PM »
I've honestly never seen anything in Delfounuso to make me think he looks even remotely ready, i'm now wondering if he'll ever be ready.

KMac had no problem giving Albrighton and Clark a chance.  With Gabby being injured, Fonz's absence makes me think there's more Luke Moore style wishful thinking going on here than actually having a player ready to contribute.

I think you are right, the amount of false dawns we have had about so called world beaters emerging would make you think that some people might actually get a bit more realistic about the chances of converting from great at reserve and accadamy to decent at PL Level.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2010, 08:51:02 PM »

I think you are right, the amount of false dawns we have had about so called world beaters emerging would make you think that some people might actually get a bit more realistic about the chances of converting from great at reserve and accadamy to decent at PL Level.

Goal scoring at the highest levels is the hardest thing to do which is why the ones that do command the largest transfer fees. With all the goals he has scored for the first team he has shown a natural instinct for scoring and his goals to chances ratio must be high. He is still young as well. And his first team appearances have been limited to cup and late substitutions.

Saying all if the above we have seen players not evolve from their youthful promise. Not just ours. And we really need him to go out on loan to try to develop to his possible potential.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2010, 09:21:37 PM »
He is not particularly quick, not that strong not great in the air and judgeing by his performances at England under 21 not a clinical finisher, he might develop into a top player but having watched Shaw Little Platt Cowans and many others at a very early age i dont see what all the fuss is about

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2010, 09:28:18 PM »
macdonald said it was a confidence thing with delfouneso...

weimann has scored in pre season and delfouneso hadnt...

The Fonz wasn't here for much of pre season though was he, he was playing in that under 19 tournament for England I think.

That goal at Pompey hinted at his potential, very disappointed he hasn't been at least on the bench this season.

I expect him to get a fair chance under Houllier.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2010, 11:41:29 AM »
yes, he was...

and during the tournament he was completely wasted by typical english clogger hoofball tactics and the amazing abililty of frank nouble to replicate emile heskeys shitness to the yocto..

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2010, 08:03:44 PM »
In fairness he has scored a couple in the FA cup and also the europa league which is no mean feat for a 19 year old.

Whether he can score consistantly in the prem is open to question but he needs to be given a run of games at some point to sink or swim.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2010, 08:18:15 PM »
Because Fonz is his illegitimate son and he  is not showing favouritism  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal