collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Current media comments towards us  (Read 36473 times)

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
Re: Current media comments towards us
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 11:16:52 AM »
Whilst i appreciate we have had a difficult time since MON left us in the shit i find it amazing how the media have really started to talk about us like we are a pub team.

Terms like, chaos, disgrace, shambles, dont know what they are doing

FFS we are 5th in the league losing 2 out of 5 games

we are above manshitty / Spurs yet the slag us off when we dont even have a manager in place yet

Really fucks me off - maybe if they rely on their info from message boards then maybe i should not be suprised as they can get all the nbegative vibes they want from off here for a start

Maybe its time we all stuck together and stood by the management / board and players and see them through this shit time

I bet MON is laughing his cock off as mission accomplished as far as he must be concnered

I hate to disappoint you but we are actually 7th.Blose are 5th and we've won 2 out of 4

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 11:25:55 AM »
I couldn't give a monkey's what the media say about the Villa and its only the OP that has alerted me to the fact that they're saying these things anyway.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 11:29:17 AM »
I find it hard to disagree with much in that Express and Star article. No accusations of crisis as such but an accurate summary of the Lerner team.  For all their good intentions and good work at Villa, they were handed O'Neill on a plate when they arrived, and were happy not to get too invloved in the football side.  Since the arsehole jumped ship it's hard to deny they have shown naivety and a lack of genuine football knowledge and experience in the way they have handled recruiting his successor.   It should have been obvious to even the hard of thinking that, given the inexperience of the rest of the hierarchy, any CEO should have been an experienced football man, not a banker.  If they couldn't find anyone suitable, why not keep Stride?  Even as a non-executive director surely his experience could have been invaluable. 

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 11:40:37 AM »
The press will always over react to sell papers but we aint half given them plenty of opportunities of late.

There's always one club that shoots itself in the foot early on and the press pile in smelling blood in the water, West Ham last year, Spuds the year before - this year it's us.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 11:52:12 AM by OzVilla »

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 11:43:15 AM »
all we have done is slipped and stumbled. We haven't fallen, and once things settle down again with Houllier and his team in place, we'll be right back on track. The media would have ytou believe that the MON-less Villa are finished. We're not. Not by a long way.

Offline peter w

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 11:50:35 AM »
6-0 away to a team that lose their next home game to a fellow promoted team, a poor defeat at Stoke, a struggle at home v Everton? We shoulkd be doing a lot better than we are. But hey ho, that's gone lets hope that we have a bit more stability now and we can just concentrate on the football rather than all the melodrama surrounding the club.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 11:51:59 AM »
Whilst i appreciate we have had a difficult time since MON left us in the shit i find it amazing how the media have really started to talk about us like we are a pub team.

Terms like, chaos, disgrace, shambles, dont know what they are doing

FFS we are 5th in the league losing 2 out of 5 games

we are above manshitty / Spurs yet the slag us off when we dont even have a manager in place yet

Really fucks me off - maybe if they rely on their info from message boards then maybe i should not be suprised as they can get all the nbegative vibes they want from off here for a start

Maybe its time we all stuck together and stood by the management / board and players and see them through this shit time

I bet MON is laughing his cock off as mission accomplished as far as he must be concnered

Are you predicting the Bolton score?

Offline Merv

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2010, 11:53:08 AM »
I'm not too bothered. We've never exactly been media darlings - and quite a few journalists seem to have 'sided' with O'Neill over this whole thing and decided his departure means disaster is looming. It's been a rough month, that's for sure, and patience has definitely been tested but I'm hoping we're over the worst now.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 12:02:21 PM »
Let them have their fun. It doesn't diminish our support for the club. These things come in cycles anyway - we were the best team in Britain when we won at Old Trafford and were going to push on for the title, let alone fourth, and when we got slaughtered at Chelsea we didn't even belong in the same division. In the cup game at Reading, we were the laughing stock of the country one minute and semi-finalists the next. There's no accounting for taste but all I care about is facts. Some other team will be in 'crisis' soon.

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 12:11:00 PM »
I have to say, that I cannot disagree with anything that Swain has put there. Whilst it's nowhere near as melodramatic as some of the Nationals, it still shows some of the gaffes that have been made

Offline cdward

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 12:25:43 PM »
Just read that article, who cares what some yam yam writes about us. The thing that people need to remember when reading this rubbish, it is just one persons opinion. If a bloke in the pub said the same, it would be quickly dismissed, and you would move on to another subject, because some journo writes it we should take it seriously?
It is like Michael O Leary of Ryanair, he just comes out with shit so people are talking about his airline, we are now reading the local yam yam papers web site, really, who cares.
What did they used to say, todays newspapers are tomorrows chip papers

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2010, 12:34:44 PM »
Fuck 'em!

Maz got it precisely right.

Whether it's accurate or not, fair or unfair, the media opinion of us is utterly immaterial to me. Nor, for that matter, do I care how we are perceived by other fans/clubs and all of that nonsense.

Fuck 'em.

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 12:37:57 PM »
Speaking of the media and Villa, have the Grauniad changed their Villa/West Midlands football writer?  Most Villa articles used to be written by Stuart James, and were quite good, and the last few days they've been by Louise Taylor and been guff in all honesty, like today's: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/sep/16/gerard-houllier-aston-villa

Heh, maybe it's more proof we're seen as a joke club, eh? ;-)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2010, 12:41:36 PM »
The Express and Star is a good paper. Swain’s article is solid, if flittering a little with the outrageous towards the end, but the naivety factor is definitely true and its something the distinguished members of this site have been saying as well.

You just have to pick and choose the journalists columns you read to be honest. If you’re starring at an uninformed piece by Holt then you have to ask yourself what is so wrong in your life that you bought the Mirror?

Louise Taylor’s article, complete with all the necessary typos and spelling mistakes, is bit bizarre really. I want the editor’s job at the Guardian. It must be the easiest job in the world!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 12:44:13 PM by Ads »

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 12:44:41 PM »
i couldnt give a shit what the media think...

they are utter scum and i dont have time for their agenda filled nonsense that is spewed from their arse, in order to inform the brain dead moronic sheep general public their latest opinion...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal