collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MacDonald now possibly looking at a move  (Read 22085 times)

Online kippaxvilla2

Re: MacDonald now possibly looking at a move
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2010, 01:21:10 PM »
Is there a book open anywhere and if so what are the odds on Houllier never taking up the manager's post.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010, 01:23:31 PM »
If this fucking pantomime was being played at St Andrews, we'd all be pissing oursleves larfin'

O'Neill leaving was the start of this, maybe, ( although until/if we ever find out the reasons for him leaving we can only speculate) but our board's reaction to it has been absolutely rank amateur.

I'm getting more than pissed off now

Offline Reality

• Sean
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2010, 01:51:49 PM »
And the Yank circus goes round again.

Bright future? My ass.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2010, 01:56:57 PM »
Why is it a Yank circus?

I am finding the criticism of the board here incredible. I’ll say it for a third time, what on Earth were the board meant to do? It was either MacDonald or McAndrew and the former has clearly got the managing bug.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2010, 01:58:38 PM »
How on earth have we got to this sorry state of affairs?  O'Neill leaving isn't an excuse for this fiasco, every day seems to bring more bad news at the moment.
How on earth do you not think that O'Neil leaving is the single biggest contributor to all of what has happened over the last 5 weeks.

Manager went
Assistant Manager
Coach
Physio
Scout - that fucker knew exactly what he was doing and the fact that the timing would have had the most devastating effect. He knew that a successor would be so difficult to find and ultimately us punters (not me) would eventually turn on the board as they tried to keep it all together

Some would say he is a very calculated and cunning man (MON)

I would say he is a c*** of the highest order.

As for Kev Mac - west Ham was great, Newcastle a disaster, Rapid an embarrassment, Everton nerve wracking, last night again inexperience and niavety was apparrant. And lets face it he has done enough of the messing about in the press as the board ar perceived to have done "Will i wont I, do i want the joh i am not sure"

THis aint a sweetshop you were asked to look after - it was the mighty Aston Villa - if you have the hump then thanks for the effort of tha past but no fuck off also - we want people here who want to be here

JUst like with MON - its an honour for you to be with us - not the other way round

Think your spot on to be honest. All the shit at the start, I want it, I don't want it, Im not sure, I wan't it. 

he isn't good enough to be manager, It is a shame he can't stay on he was doing a brilliant job with the youth but we'll move on.

We always do

Offline Reality

• Sean
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2010, 01:59:48 PM »
Why is it a Yank circus?

I am finding the criticism of the board here incredible. I’ll say it for a third time, what on Earth were the board meant to do? It was either MacDonald or McAndrew and the former has clearly got the managing bug.

Made a big post last night on why it was a Yank circus last night. Check my post history, should be fairly recent.

Offline Ads

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2010, 02:01:28 PM »
Why is it a Yank circus?

Made a big post last night on why it was a Yank circus last night. Check my post history, should be fairly recent.

Yes on your first two points on that were jackanory. I ask again, how is this a Yank circus? What were the alternatives? MacDonald has a taste for management, how was that avoidable? An appointment within 5 days of O'Neill leaving? Was that realistic?

The volte face from many is remarkable. From four years of superlatives to disparagements with “Yank” and ridiculous conspiracy theories mushrooming- making any legitimate criticism lost amongst all the nonsense.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2010, 02:03:20 PM »
Why is it a Yank circus?

I think you are missing the point.  And it is quite fundamental.  He was encouraged to apply for the post so must have thought he had a decent chance of getting it.  Hence he is now feeling rightly down about the whole debacle.

Online Duncan Shaw

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2010, 02:05:51 PM »
How on earth have we got to this sorry state of affairs?  O'Neill leaving isn't an excuse for this fiasco, every day seems to bring more bad news at the moment.
How on earth do you not think that O'Neil leaving is the single biggest contributor to all of what has happened over the last 5 weeks.

Manager went
Assistant Manager
Coach
Physio
Scout - that fucker knew exactly what he was doing and the fact that the timing would have had the most devastating effect. He knew that a successor would be so difficult to find and ultimately us punters (not me) would eventually turn on the board as they tried to keep it all together

Some would say he is a very calculated and cunning man (MON)

I would say he is a c*** of the highest order.

As for Kev Mac - west Ham was great, Newcastle a disaster, Rapid an embarrassment, Everton nerve wracking, last night again inexperience and niavety was apparrant. And lets face it he has done enough of the messing about in the press as the board ar perceived to have done "Will i wont I, do i want the joh i am not sure"

THis aint a sweetshop you were asked to look after - it was the mighty Aston Villa - if you have the hump then thanks for the effort of tha past but no fuck off also - we want people here who want to be here

JUst like with MON - its an honour for you to be with us - not the other way round

I'd also go as far as being adamant that he was reacting to press speculation re: Mark Hughes and waited until he was in place at Fulham before quitting.  I really do think he was being that vidictive.

In respect to KMAC I really don't understand why he wouldn;t want the no.2 job either and it is a shame, because we could see for long periods of last night what a positive effect his coaching has had on the first team.  Some of our football was the best I have seen for some time!

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2010, 02:06:28 PM »
Why is it a Yank circus?

What they were to do was say to him from the start that they were looking for an experienced man to take over from O'Neill but they'd like to promote him to have more involvement with first team affairs. Thereby keeping him involved and not piling disruption on top of disruption.

Offline Reality

• Sean
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2010, 02:07:38 PM »
Absolutely. I couldn't have put it better myself.

Offline Ads

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2010, 02:08:57 PM »
Why is it a Yank circus?

I think you are missing the point.  And it is quite fundamental.  He was encouraged to apply for the post so must have thought he had a decent chance of getting it.  Hence he is now feeling rightly down about the whole debacle.

He had a chance and he blew it through his own inadequacies, thankfully for the rest of us. He only has himself to blame for that.  Lerner gave him an opportunity and he failed to grasp it, why should he be disappointed with anybody but Kevin MacDonald?

Offline tim

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2010, 02:12:47 PM »
Why is it a Yank circus?

He was initially encouraged however he then spent weeks yes/no'ing which I would take as an owner to be concerning and unconvincing. Had he said he was unsure but was willing to give it a go with some assurances then I think we'd have had a manager weeks ago. As it is he seemed to put doubts in everyones minds and when it came to 'the crunch' I wouldn't be surprised if his uncertainty made RL question him somewhat. And rightly so, when comparedto someone of GH's stature in the game. 

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2010, 02:13:19 PM »
I would be as disappointed as the next fan if McDonald decided to leave us and try his hand elsewhere, but I don't see it as a disaster. To my way of thinking, there isn't much more the club could have done that we're aware of anyway. McDonald is a professional, not a little kid, and to be passed over for a 'promotion' in this way happens to the best of us. He knew what the situation was and put his hat into the ring when the opportunity presented itself; he didn't get the job, end of. Personally I think McDonald has done us all proud by stepping up to the plate but I don't think he's good enough to have gotten the gig anyway and I for one am champing at the bit to see Houllier tackle the job now.

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2010, 02:16:28 PM »
He had the chance to be tutored by a very experienced European manager and he turned that down. I think that will count against him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal