collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: MacDonald now possibly looking at a move  (Read 21986 times)

Offline TimTheVillain

MacDonald now possibly looking at a move
« on: September 14, 2010, 11:35:56 AM »
http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2010/09/14/kevin-macdonald-admits-his-future-may-lie-away-from-aston-villa-97319-27261910/

What a balls up.

He should have been managed better than he has been; I do wonder about the Executives at AVFC these days.

Offline Jimbo

Re: MacDonald now possibly looking at a move
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 11:49:33 AM »
Pig's ear, is what you might call it.

Offline achilles

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 11:49:51 AM »
Have to say that it is all a bit of a fiasco. We are just drifting aimlessly until Houllier actually starts his job... whenever that is?

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 11:56:13 AM »
I did think this would happen.  He's had a crack at management and quite enjoys it but we are not giving him the chance.  There will be a job out there for him.  I would love him to stay but you cannot blame him.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 11:59:56 AM »
Mon`s actions have screwed up this club well and truly - Lerner`s reliance on a CEO with no experience in football is making matters worse. KMac has been a superb manager for the reserves - he does not appear to be suited to a promotion, however I hope he is rewarded for his efforts.  To be without managers, coaches, scouts at this stage in a season must have a demoralising effect on the players at senior/reserve level. I am now beginning to fear what the consequences may be - Perhaps running a Pl team as well as an NFL team is a step too far and both organisations will suffer as a result.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 12:00:59 PM »
I'll be sorry to see Kev leave.  He's done a fantastic job with the reserves and I would like to see him continue.

Offline woo

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 12:01:14 PM »
These two paragraphs could be interesting:-

“I wasn’t tempted (to be Houllier’s assistant). I’d always thought that when I never got the job that I wasn’t going to do it. I need to re-think what I may want to do. Whether I want to go to try and be a manager. Some people might think I might make a good manager, other people may think I may not.”

“He asked me on Friday to do certain things. I work for AVFC – as caretaker – if Mr Houllier asks me to go scouting then I will.”

Could be his way of saying it's not out of the question that he'd work with Houllier afterall.

Offline eastie

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 12:04:16 PM »
Sad news but another example of how the clubs being run- after newastle and Vienna he can have no complaints but randy's handling of the whole appointment process has been far from good.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 12:06:28 PM »
 He’s not up to being a manger. He’s far too naive with certain aspects of the game. Hopefully he’ll stay on and have some involvement with the first team. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s been bitten by the bug and wants to try his hand at management though.

I don’t see how the board are to blame really. They couldn’t give the man the job, he’s nowhere near good enough and apart from Tony McAndrew, who on Earth could have taken over the caretaker role? It goes back to a point Sir GT made about having club men in coaching and scouting positions who aren’t attached to the manager.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 12:07:20 PM »
He done a great job at Villa, but did he really expect to get the job? As for balls up, see Martin O'Neill.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 12:17:43 PM »
Disgrace.  Absolute disgrace.  Put yourself in his shoes.  Your boss is leaving and you are asked by his boss to consider applying for the job.  You do this and in so doing raise your head above the parapet and stand to lose considerable face in front of your staff if you do not get it.  Then you don't get it.  And what's more, you are then asked to fill in for the new guy until he can serve his notice from his existing employers.  You would be off like a shot or at the first available opportunity.

An extremely poor way to treat a long serving and very valuable employee.  I am very concerned at the direction the club is taking and only hope I am completely wrong about my underlying nervousness.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 12:17:59 PM »
How on earth have we got to this sorry state of affairs?  O'Neill leaving isn't an excuse for this fiasco, every day seems to bring more bad news at the moment.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 12:22:53 PM »
How on earth have we got to this sorry state of affairs?  O'Neill leaving isn't an excuse for this fiasco, every day seems to bring more bad news at the moment.
I agree totally - lets hope the General hasn`t gone back into his bunker, because right now I think the fans deserve some kind of statement that the CEO should be delivering in respect of Houllier`s date of arrival etc

"Proud History - Tight future" seems more apt at the minute

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 12:26:10 PM »
I fail to see what difference being asked to manage the Stoke game would have on his decision. He rightly didn’t get the top job, but there was only TM that they could have asked to fill the breach after O’Neill’s departure. What could the board have done?

It’s quite staggering how much unnecessary criticism the board have come in for recently and how quick fans have turned.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 12:28:45 PM »
How on earth do you not think that O'Neil leaving is the single biggest contributor to all of what has happened over the last 5 weeks.

Manager went
Assistant Manager
Coach
Physio
Scout - that fucker knew exactly what he was doing and the fact that the timing would have had the most devastating effect. He knew that a successor would be so difficult to find and ultimately us punters (not me) would eventually turn on the board as they tried to keep it all together

Some would say he is a very calculated and cunning man (MON)

I would say he is a ****** of the highest order.

As for Kev Mac - west Ham was great, Newcastle a disaster, Rapid an embarrassment, Everton nerve wracking, last night again inexperience and niavety was apparrant. And lets face it he has done enough of the messing about in the press as the board ar perceived to have done "Will i wont I, do i want the joh i am not sure"

THis aint a sweetshop you were asked to look after - it was the mighty Aston Villa - if you have the hump then thanks for the effort of tha past but no fuck off also - we want people here who want to be here

JUst like with MON - its an honour for you to be with us - not the other way round

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal