collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: To do list if you were appointed as new manager  (Read 18783 times)

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
Re: To do list if you were appointed as new manager
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 12:13:59 AM »
Give each and every one of them a big kick in the bollocks and tell them if they fuck up again like that there will be much more of the same.

Offline H00513R

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 01:20:27 AM »
Petrov hasn't been the best so far, but I like his fire/tenacity. He's becoming a little bit of a goon.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2010, 02:59:19 AM »

2) Play James Milner instead of NRC

Constructive.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 05:00:57 AM »
Based on the fact that we are unlikely to get any new players until the summer.
Get a system that makes us hard to beat, let players know that shit performances = the bench, find out who really wants to play and play them, get rid of the deadwood asap,
It looks like we have a mid table squad

Offline Rancid custard

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 06:38:29 AM »
3. Pull in Dunne, Warnock, Petrov, Ashley Young and Carew. Shout loudly at them for half an hour. Mostly along the lines of 'Get your F****** act together or I'll sell you to Middlesborough.

Just had some full metal jacket vision there!

Offline Nirog72

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 07:54:52 AM »
Find one player in the whole squad who is comfortable on the ball and can retain possession.

Offline *shellac*

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 07:59:16 AM »
Ask every player politely to play well in the next game.

A good result, a gentle pat on the back.  That's all.

A bad result, strap them all up and make them listen to a Bucks Fizz compilation CD until the next game.

Offline Nirog72

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 08:03:34 AM »
Learn to use substitutions as a response to what's happening in the game.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 08:37:19 AM »
Teach the players how to keep possession of the ball.

Offline jembob

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 08:42:37 AM »
1. Tell our goal keeper to stop hoofing the ball up the pitch and conceding possession.

2. Explain to some of our players that no matter how hard they try, a section of fans will always use them as scapegoats.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 09:13:21 AM »
A lot of your requests are akin to 1: Sign Rooney, 2: Sign Ronaldo...

We should sign 3 or 4 French players? Does it matter if they're shit or not or would you just like to sign them?

Being serious, I'd tell the players they are perfectly capable of passing a football and look quite good when they do, as they have shown. Then I'd tell them to do it for longer spells in the game. Easy.

Offline supertom

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 09:45:12 AM »
Firstly. Gabby isn't a target man. Don't hoof it up to him, especially against a team of behemoths like Stoke.

Right now I'd make Nigel captain. I thought he did quite well yesterday. He's looked good when he's played this season, and we look better for it. Give the captaincy to someone vocal, with some tenacity and energy. Someone to lead by example. I like Stan, but his legs have gone. He should have been off on 70, but of course the problem is, who was there to replace him? Ireland? Nope. He should be further up field.

One of Downing or Young needs to be dropped. Downing had half an hour last night of looking a decent player, so I'd be tempted to drop Ash in the next game just to give him a kick up the arse. Play Ireland in the whole.

Unfortunately we can't do a lot about shipping out our crap right now. We have to make do, likely until the summer. Let a few contracts run out, take some serious financial hits. Houlliers drastic 10 in 10 out at Liverpool is a bit far, but something close to that is probably needed.

I still rate Big Brad, unless we can get Given. He's probably still overcoming the shame of having to wear that horrific kit. But I give him a grace period because he won us the points against Everton.

For me I would play Sidwell and Coker together in CM. Then play Ireland ahead of them as attacking mid. We need to protect our back four better, and that needs two players with the bite and energy to do that. Stan gets overrun too easily. I think we can use him at home, but away from home we needed some added energy and legs. Sidwell's pretty pants, but he's full of energy, and never stops running. Just let him and Cokes look after the back four, then Ireland, Young, Albrighton/Downing can provide the flair.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 10:37:36 AM »
Firstly. Gabby isn't a target man. Don't hoof it up to him, especially against a team of behemoths like Stoke.

Right now I'd make Nigel captain. I thought he did quite well yesterday. He's looked good when he's played this season, and we look better for it. Give the captaincy to someone vocal, with some tenacity and energy. Someone to lead by example. I like Stan, but his legs have gone. He should have been off on 70, but of course the problem is, who was there to replace him? Ireland? Nope. He should be further up field.

One of Downing or Young needs to be dropped. Downing had half an hour last night of looking a decent player, so I'd be tempted to drop Ash in the next game just to give him a kick up the arse. Play Ireland in the whole.

Unfortunately we can't do a lot about shipping out our crap right now. We have to make do, likely until the summer. Let a few contracts run out, take some serious financial hits. Houlliers drastic 10 in 10 out at Liverpool is a bit far, but something close to that is probably needed.

I still rate Big Brad, unless we can get Given. He's probably still overcoming the shame of having to wear that horrific kit. But I give him a grace period because he won us the points against Everton.

For me I would play Sidwell and Coker together in CM. Then play Ireland ahead of them as attacking mid. We need to protect our back four better, and that needs two players with the bite and energy to do that. Stan gets overrun too easily. I think we can use him at home, but away from home we needed some added energy and legs. Sidwell's pretty pants, but he's full of energy, and never stops running. Just let him and Cokes look after the back four, then Ireland, Young, Albrighton/Downing can provide the flair.

Some sense Tom, have you applied for the coach's job?

Edit, I would actually drop Albrighton he does have a lot of promise however he needs to learn no to try and take everyone on or shoot at every availiable opportunity. Id have Ireland in the Young Role and have young on the right, I would also get Cuellar back in. Dunne looks like he's been on a sea food diet. Get a god damn left back in and a decent central midfielder, we miss Milner :(
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 10:42:58 AM by Phil from the upper holte »

Offline supertom

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 10:39:05 AM »

Some sense Tom, have you applied for the coach's job?

Not yet, but will do.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 10:41:17 AM »
There was indeed some sense in there, but making NRC captain?  Not a chance.  He really isn't a very good footballer at all.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal