collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pub for Stoke Tomorrow  (Read 3270 times)

Offline barry4england

Pub for Stoke Tomorrow
« on: September 12, 2010, 03:40:18 PM »
Really sorry to put this in this forum but I hoped that the Stoke fan Bunny might have a better chance of seeing it and replying as a result.

Could anyone advise if the usual away haunt that is the student union bar will be open tomorrow for Villa fans? I gather that this is usually welcoming for away fans but I've had the thought that it may not be open given that universities won't have started back yet. Bunny - do you know whether this has been open for previous Away fans so far this season, and if not is there a seperate pub that the police will likely direct us to if we're early?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm meant to be meeting someone there to collect my ticket but I don't really fancy leaving work early if it means that the police will simply ship us straight to the ground if we arrive 2-3 hours early.

Apparantly we haven't sold out for tomorrow night - quite poor considering the distance!

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
Re: Pub for Stoke Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 05:41:26 PM »
You must really regret your username choice.

Offline Bunny@Stoke

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 10:18:33 PM »
if the student union is closed then you will be put in The Terrace pub, a decent student boozer opposite the university and bussed to the ground about 7pm.

If you are there that early I can't see you being met by any police at the station mate.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 10:25:49 PM »
if the student union is closed then you will be put in The Terrace pub, a decent student boozer opposite the university and bussed to the ground about 7pm.

If you are there that early I can't see you being met by any police at the station mate.

If the police are putting buses on from the station they'll not be too busy. Last train home is at 22.08.

Offline Bunny@Stoke

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 10:28:58 PM »
crikey, that's tight. Game won't finish til at least 9.35pm and that's a right squeeze getting that train.

Go after our third flies in.  ;)

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 10:33:51 PM »
From my own observations in Stoke, it seems perfectly normal to park your car by mounting the kerb, leaving the door open and running away. Setting light to the vehicle appears to be optional

Offline Bunny@Stoke

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 11:02:47 PM »
correct damon. Switch on Central News and there's never anything about crime in the second city, is there?  ::)

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 11:47:06 PM »
crikey, that's tight. Game won't finish til at least 9.35pm and that's a right squeeze getting that train.

As it's a 20.00 hrs k.o. the game won't finish until circa 21.50 hrs; could be even later if the ref adds time on for Delap polishing the ball before throw ins!

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 12:02:45 AM »

You want them to stay in Stoke until 2014?

That's very harsh.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal