collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January Transfer Window - Rumours, Links, B*llsh*t and Made-Up Nonsense  (Read 1537767 times)

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
Re: January Transfer Window - Rumours, Links, B*llsh*t and Made-Up Nonsense
« Reply #8415 on: February 05, 2011, 02:07:03 PM »
I'd have Milner back in a heartbeat.

Well he does look like he's from 60s Aidensfield...

I'm divided on this. I'm sympathetic to eamonn's point questioning whether we need him. We do have a good supply of midfielders at the club and I think what we might need a player who has more flair (a bit like that bald guy that used to be at City... At Newcastle now I think...) though that role could be filled by Bannan. However, I then started to think we could use Milner in a three next to Makoun and Bannan but we went out and signed Bradley who can definitely fulfill that role. So in sum if Bradley doesn't work out or for whatever reason does not get signed on a permanent then we should definitely resign Milner.

And he would get to play in central midfield here unlike at City under that oaf Mancini.   

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #8416 on: February 05, 2011, 02:07:53 PM »
Having Milner back is like going back with your ex. It will not work. Like all succesful relationships, you have to move on. We have plenty of our own players who can come into that role now. Gary Gardner,Delph, Bradley, Makoun. No massive wages and bringing through our own players ...

Offline TheSandman

« Reply #8417 on: February 05, 2011, 02:10:25 PM »
But what about if it was one of those on/off relationships where you were meant to be together?

Christ: I'm turning soppy like supertom.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #8418 on: February 05, 2011, 02:29:06 PM »
But what about if it was one of those on/off relationships where you were meant to be together?

Christ: I'm turning soppy like supertom.
If you feel the need to talk about it Bentman. PM me it sounds like you are holding back emotions you need to release ........

Offline Dave Javu

• GM : 31.07.2019
« Reply #8419 on: February 09, 2011, 02:08:05 PM »
Don't know if this has been mentioned:

Aston Villa manager Gerard Houllier failed in a January transfer window bid to sign former Sunderland midfielder Lorik Cana from Turkish giants Galatasaray.

The player’s representative has admitted that he met with Houllier to discuss the transfer, while the Premier League duo Fulham and Bolton Wanderers were also interested in the former Sunderland skipper.

Cana, 27, was an instant hit in the Premier League establishing himself as the Black Cats captain following a £5 million move from Galatasaray. He joined Gala after a single season in the Premier League for £4.5 million sighting personal reasons for his departure.

"Lazio made an offer for my client. Even Aston Villa, Fulham and Bolton Wanderers showed an interest in the player.

"I personally met in Paris the coach of Aston Villa (Gerard Houllier), who has done everything to take Lorik to the Premier League.

"Lazio made the highest offer - €4.5 million. The proposal was attractive, but the Turkish club refused."

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/50237/Villa_rebuffed_in_January_bid_for_former_Black_Cat.aspx

Offline murgsy

« Reply #8420 on: February 09, 2011, 05:37:10 PM »
He was quite aggressive - if a bit prone to cards

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #8421 on: February 09, 2011, 05:37:52 PM »
Strange how he had a very good season with Sunderland, then fucked off.

Offline TheSandman

« Reply #8422 on: February 09, 2011, 05:41:09 PM »
I believe he didn't enjoy playing for Steve Bruce.

Online Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #8423 on: February 09, 2011, 08:21:10 PM »
Milner; worse than Barry IMO (in how he left us, not ability). Let him rot there.

How? He didn't go to to the papers, he didn't complain. A nonsense if you ask me.

Offline eastie

« Reply #8424 on: February 09, 2011, 08:29:19 PM »
Milner is on a huge contract at city and we could not get near to matching that, also he knew Mancini would rotate and city are looking good in Europe and in the premiership, not a cat in hells chance would he leave city and come back here., and equally no chance we could get close to affording him combined with fee and wages.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal