collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: This season; can GH turn a slightly parched landscape into a greener haven...  (Read 18786 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
From the Express and Star comments page:

Quote from: A Tesco bag-wearing Baggie twat
The thing I hate most about Aston Villa fans is they cant admit that this is going to be the biggest cock up since the David O`Leary days.
I know for a fact this appointment wont work out as Garard Houllier`s style of football is boaring and totally defensive.

Randy Learner would of been better going for Tony Mowbray as his style of play is just what players like A.young, Downing, Sidwell, and Albrighton could thrive on. Mowbray`s attacking football never worked for Albion as we didnt have the quality strikers to finish off the numerous amount of chances we created,

Carew, Agbon, and even Hesky could of scoredthe goals which Albions strikers didnt put away.
That wasn't a Tesco bag-wearing Baggie Twat, that was from Chris Smith. He's always banging on about Mowbray. (winky)

You and Tone have never been seen in the same room. I rest my case.
"Tone" is it now. Tone? I knew it. The defence rests.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
I think we'll see over the season a big difference mainly due to having proper coaching. It may be a bit of a shock to the players at first but I'm guessing the better players are going to thrive on it. It's not going to happen overnight but we'll be a lot more organised and comfortable with the ball. Obviously good coaching can only improve a player to a certain extent but our squad are not as bad as they've pretended to be, so hopefully we can make something of this season.

I for one am looking forward to a 21st century Villa team.

We can but pray. Petrov and Ireland you'd really expect to flourish under a new regime.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
if you take the traditional top 4, then add Man city in 5th, you would probably have a pretty even fight for 6th between Villa,Spurs and Everton,

and even those that think Spurs have moved ahead of us to take 6th place, we still should be more than capable of 7th even this season.

what other clubs that finished below us last season do you think have a good chance of finishing above us this season ?
bearing in mind i've already put Liverpool in the top 4.

i reckon we will be capable of the same sort of finish this season, or certainly a couple of points difference to the position we finished last season

and of coarse this means that all the clubs mentioned above us, do the business and dont have any wobbles ie Liverpool last time

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
sorry,
i've just re read that last post, and dont understand it myself now

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
sorry,
i've just re read that last post, and dont understand it myself now
Now I'm just plain worried, because I'd convinced myself I did.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

It's amazing how all our expectation levels have dropped through the floor now, from Champions League to mid table mediocrity seems to be the general concensus, perhaps that's what this uninspiring appointment was designed to do.
Sorry but I'm underwhelmed.

It's amazing that with the arrival of MON the expectation was so high.  We all pretty much thought that this was the man to launch us into the elite.  All on the basis that he'd succeeded in a two horse race and had relative success at Leicester. 

More than that, I think we all believed in MON, believed that his intelligence and TV personality was all that was needed to break the top 4 monopoly.  We were wrong.

GH has a track record in the Prem that a club such as ours should be chomping at the bit for him to be our manager.  This is based purely on the fact that he has won shit loads with clubs that he has managed in the past.

Rather than being underwhelmed we should be overwhelmed that he is now our manager.  We should be excited that he has secured the services of a coach who was in his team that produced that treble at Liverpool.  We should also be excited that we will be linked with young up and coming hardly known French/European strikers instead of the limit of our expectations being Robbie Keane on a final big pay day.  I am any way.

Totally agree with you. H's record is far superior to MON's. And the annual "Robbie Keane" thread will finally be banished. Young european talent mixed with our home grown youngsters is a refreshing thought ....................

Offline Gaztonniller

I think he'll still support player purchases but that will have to be done within a framework where salaries are linked to revenue and that, in crude terms, when we're at our limit one in will mean one out. I also think that's a sensible way to operate.« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 03:46:09 PM by Chris Smith »

Do you mean positionally wise example defender for defender, or one player in for any player you can get off the books out. :-\

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
I think he'll still support player purchases but that will have to be done within a framework where salaries are linked to revenue and that, in crude terms, when we're at our limit one in will mean one out. I also think that's a sensible way to operate.« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 03:46:09 PM by Chris Smith »

Do you mean positionally wise example defender for defender, or one player in for any player you can get off the books out. :-\

The latter, my impression is that we have to manage wages but I don't think that they'll be dictating to him which players he has to buy or sell.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
I think we'll see over the season a big difference mainly due to having proper coaching. It may be a bit of a shock to the players at first but I'm guessing the better players are going to thrive on it. It's not going to happen overnight but we'll be a lot more organised and comfortable with the ball. Obviously good coaching can only improve a player to a certain extent but our squad are not as bad as they've pretended to be, so hopefully we can make something of this season.

I for one am looking forward to a 21st century Villa team.

We can but pray. Petrov and Ireland you'd really expect to flourish under a new regime.

That would be the hope.

But my concern would be that if we get a few iffy results any good work done on the training ground will go out the window.

Confidence is still one of the most crucial commodities in football.
We have a look of a team that attacks with relish and can be easy on the eye if things go in our favour. But struggle if the opposition up their game.

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
In response to the thread title I think we are more likely to end up with a shaven haven.
One good thing about it is my expectations were always too high following a new appointment (with a few exceptions), so I expect a little less of the emotional roller coaster when things go bad.
For the moment, I would settle for no more 6-0 thrashings.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal