collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: This season; can GH turn a slightly parched landscape into a greener haven...  (Read 18797 times)

Offline Gaztonniller

where all the inhabitants and birds are able to drink leisurely from the pure, cool water of revitalised player talent flowing out of VP?   

Or in other words, what now for those formerly sidelined & fringe players under O'Neill, and those players whose full commitment to the cause & ability the fans have queried. Can the Houllier route be their way back to VP & fan redemption.
Consider this. During 2000–01 season ?????? (signed under Houllier) excelled to silence concerns over his goalscoring ability by scoring 23 goals for Liverpool.
Now If the currently much maligned ?????? can flourish to such an extent under GH, then (hoping lightning strike twice) who else might you hope to see also excell under GH on the pitch? 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:01:35 AM by Gaztonniller »

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Houlier was a genius to get Heskey to score 22 goals in one season..   Unbelievable...

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
If he can can Sidwell performing that would be nice.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
Shouldn't be too hard at all. I was a MON supporter, but really thought, the substitution/resting players issue could have helped garner a few more points if done properly.

Can we keep up with teams that had the chance to replenish the squad? Remains to be seen.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Given Houllier's previous 'defence first' approach, I wonder if he'll value the protection NRC gives the back four and use him as MON did circa 07/08?

Offline Jimbo

Can anyone imagine Gerard Houllier having a fight with NRC? Just asking, like.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Is it slightly ironic that GH's first game in charge is on Mon.?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
I can see him bringing something to table looking upwards now.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
It's a fresh start for all the players, they should all be given a chance to impress.

I'm sure Houllier thinks that way, do the fans?

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
A fresh start is what players like NRC, Sidwell and Davies need.

If GH can get these performing to their best and challenging for a place in the side then we'll be better off for it.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
It's a fresh start for all the players, they should all be given a chance to impress.

Of course we do.

Absolutely every single player from the youngest kid to Ashley Young starts with a clean sheet and has a chance to stake their claim to a place in the side.

Except Emile Heskey!

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Except Emile Heskey!

What not even if Houllier manages to get him scoring 20 goals a season again?  I know the odds are against it to say the least but stranger things have been known.  Possibly.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
It would be underpants twistingly irritating and equally delightful at the same time if he somehow managed to get the Sidwell to perform how he did for Reading.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025

Of course we do.

Absolutely every single player from the youngest kid to Ashley Young starts with a clean sheet and has a chance to stake their claim to a place in the side.

Except Emile Heskey!

It was Emile that I had in my mind.

To my way of thinking it's Year Zero, we start again from now and the slate should be wiped clean for all of them, including Mr Heskey. After all he's our equal top scorer this season. <wink>

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
I think we'll see over the season a big difference mainly due to having proper coaching. It may be a bit of a shock to the players at first but I'm guessing the better players are going to thrive on it. It's not going to happen overnight but we'll be a lot more organised and comfortable with the ball. Obviously good coaching can only improve a player to a certain extent but our squad are not as bad as they've pretended to be, so hopefully we can make something of this season.

I for one am looking forward to a 21st century Villa team.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal