collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:59:42 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by N'ZMAV
[Today at 10:59:03 AM]

NSWE Investment by Risso
[Today at 10:49:11 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 10:32:50 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by AV84
[Today at 10:31:25 AM]

Championship Memories by Mellin
[Today at 10:14:25 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:42:20 AM]

FA Cup replays scrapped by tomd2103
[Today at 09:31:13 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The General C. Krulak Thread XVI  (Read 217892 times)

Offline TimTheVillain

Re: The General C. Krulak Thread XVI
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 09:47:03 AM »
“In fact, he stands out as a football man who understands the ethos of our club and shares our core values."

General, this is Paul Faulkner's statement.

What are our 'core values' ?

Marks and Spencer has 'core values' as does Waitrose, but we're a football club - so I am confused about this statement.

Can you please throw some light on it ?

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2010, 10:41:07 AM »
Well done General I'm delighted, There will be moaners (there always is) I think he's an excellent appointemt which great experience, Champion's league included.

Tell him 100% behind him, I can't make the Bolton game but I will be there against Blackburn in the cup

UTV

Online Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2010, 11:17:45 AM »
“In fact, he stands out as a football man who understands the ethos of our club and shares our core values."

Marks and Spencer has 'core values' as does Waitrose, but we're a football club - so I am confused about this statement.

Are you confused about what core values are?

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2010, 11:50:12 AM »

Marks and Spencer has 'core values' as does Waitrose, but we're a football club - so I am confused about this statement and its meaning in relation to the Manager of the club.

No, not at all, I'm asking the General what AVFC's core values in relation to the football club and the Manager's job.

The link to the Cutsomer Charter isn't relevant.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:11:16 PM by TimTheVillain »

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2010, 12:43:36 PM »

No, not at all, I'm asking the General what AVFC's core values are if you please.

Try this link.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/CustomerCharter/0,,10265,00.html

Wasn't there a booklet sent out to all of us when they relaunched the Vision about 3 years ago?

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010, 01:23:17 PM »
General

It probably got lost in the previous thread. Have you ever had the delights of taking in some non league football over here?

And if not, do you fancy coming with us next time we go?

I can't imagine an American has ever watched Stourbridge play!

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2010, 01:30:28 PM »
I can't imagine an American has ever watched Stourbridge play!

Apologies for answering on the General's behalf but Stourbridge Town did a US tour in the 1980s.

Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean that any Americans actually watched them though

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2010, 01:36:48 PM »
Are you coming up to The Bartons to visit any time soon as well, General?

Offline meddavillan_dd

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2010, 01:59:09 PM »
Bienvenue Gerard.
This is a great appointment.
Even those of you who might not approve should make him welcome with your encouragement. His knowledge of the game and his record at club level far outweigh any other candidate.
Don't forget he was the manager when the scousers beat Small Heath in the final of the league cup. God bless him.

Offline g_man_r

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2010, 02:54:50 PM »
Dear General,

I'd just like to show my appreciation for you taking time out to communicate with the Villa population.

In regards to GH being appointed, overall im pleased the situation has been resolved. He wouldnt of been many peoples first choice but i believe he was the best available option. Ill give him my full backing, hopefully Randy will do the same come January.

And please force Ashley Young to sign a new contract, im sure you know how to 'persuade'  him given your military experience :)

MON WHO???

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2010, 03:33:36 PM »
General,
For the record, I am happy with the appointment of GH (although to be fair, my first impressions weren't so positive, but the more I thought about it the more I warmed to the potential of it being a success).

I was just wondering (in general terms) what the board have learned from the whole appointment process? For instance, if and when they have to go through this again, would they allow such an "information vacuum" to develop, which lead to an unending amount of speculation that seemed to test the sanity of certain villa fans (and unfair criticism of the board I think)? I fully realise that the timing of him leaving was the worst it could possibly have been, but I'm just interested in how they might approach the process in the future.

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2010, 04:19:13 PM »
General, do you have any information as to where Kevin MacDonald or the other loyal coaching staff stand now?

Thanks

Offline eastie

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2010, 04:39:30 PM »
glad its all done and dusted now general , and i hope that gerard houllier has a happy 3 years with us - at least we are in good hands now after a turbulent few weeks for all of us . thanks for keeping us informed as best youy could general, its appreciated!

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2010, 04:47:47 PM »
General, as a first time contributor to the thread which I always enjoy reading and greatly appreciate that you can give the Villa fans a chance to communicate to the powers that be in our great club. Hopefully you and the board have gained some experience from the last month and whenever the Villa need a new manager in the future, you can look back to August and September 2010 and use it positively. I think GH will bring some new life to the team and hope we can improve on our 6th place finish, I know it will be tough but we will support the Villa as always because we are by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!

Great work over the last 4 and a half years and congratulations for going through the whole recruitment process with true professionalism, and hopefully next time it won't take so long.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2010, 05:36:02 PM »
Please tell me you have written in his contract, that Heskey must be sold in January!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal