collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Inter Milan in for Gary Gardner?  (Read 13077 times)

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
Re: Inter Milan in for Gary Gardner?
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 07:12:00 PM »
Hmmm, I think Villa fans would like to see young Gary play first... like, maybe coming off the bench? He might not be at Albrighton's or Delfouneso's level yet to play in the first team, but he will be soon I'm sure. From what I see and hear he's a better player than his lying loser of a brother.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 07:13:33 PM »
I know his cousin. She told me Craig was a nose years ago (I said it on here but got shot down at the time), she says the whole family are but obviously support their kids.

Can't see this happening unless he won't sign a new deal (which at his age he'd be silly not to), we wouldn't sell unless it was big money, surely? And Inter wouldn't put £5m (ballpark figure) down on an 18year old yet to make an appearance.

What are the facts on Gary then?

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 08:32:04 PM »
Is Gary an Inter Milan fan ?

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 09:56:49 PM »
Is Gary an Inter Milan fan ?

no, but it can be arranged

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 10:27:05 PM »
Hopefully Mr Houllier will encourage the youngsters like Gary to come through as he did in his academy in France, and then he'll feel he does not have to look elsewhere for a chance.

That rhymes.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010, 12:18:42 AM »
Translation error here. rafa said he wanted an english Gardener to look after  his new Villa in Milan. Somehow  Daily Mail  stupid fuckwits put togather english and Villa and Gardner and came up with this story!

Offline Caiphus

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2010, 05:07:07 AM »
Translation error here. rafa said he wanted an english Gardener to look after  his new Villa in Milan. Somehow  Daily Mail  stupid fuckwits put togather english and Villa and Gardner and came up with this story!

Chortle!

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2010, 01:29:22 PM »
I wonder how the FSW came to know of Gary, as a fan I've not seen him yet, but then I don't watch the reserves.

GG has played for England Under 17's and Under 19's and is well rated as a Youth Player and has been mentioned as eqivalent to Jack Wilshere as the next big thing. I would have been surprised if the FSW hadn't known about him TBH

Offline g_man_r

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2010, 02:47:25 PM »
What i dont understand is why the club lets our best or most promising players contracts wind down without offering them new deals before they can basically force their ways out i.e milner and barry. Gardner will hopefully be top notch for us but he has less than a year left on his deal with villa so can talk to who he likes come Jan.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2010, 05:03:39 PM »
What i dont understand is why the club lets our best or most promising players contracts wind down without offering them new deals before they can basically force their ways out i.e milner and barry. Gardner will hopefully be top notch for us but he has less than a year left on his deal with villa so can talk to who he likes come Jan.

I can agree with Gary but both Barry and Milner had two years to run on their contracts when they tried to force a move and both were offered contracts to stay. But there was no way we could really match the Man Citeh wages being offered. Or are you saying we should be offering new contracts and pay rises one year into 4 year contracts.

Offline cb

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2010, 06:04:20 PM »

Yes, but you've got to remember he's only 18 and while I sincerely hope he recovers from his injury and then goes on to become a world superstar for us, it's not something I'd be prepared to bet the farm on. This story is quite franckly BS. If Gardner looks like he's recovered from his injury soon, he'll be offered a contract, and I'd be pretty sure he'll sign it. If he goes on to prove he can hack it in the PL he'll be offered another one and will sign it, if he goes on to become a superstar then he'll be offered another contract and may or may not sign it depending on whether or not Villa 'match his ambitions' or some such player jargon for 'give me more money'. The kid has got great potential but we can't go round offering top paying contracts to every kid with potential; he could very easily go the way of the Moores yet. This is by no means a dig at the kid, but we can't expect the club to go round throwing moey and contracts at people like confetti; we're not Man City you know...

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2010, 11:55:06 PM »
Before his injury was scoring some top notch goals for fun and a league above his brother already ....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal