collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Marc Albrighton  (Read 16049 times)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Marc Albrighton
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2010, 04:08:54 PM »
The third goal, for example, a better defender would have clattered man and ball before he had time to control it. He had a fantastic game on Saturday, now lets see how he gets on against a team who know what they're doing.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2010, 04:19:59 PM »
The third goal, for example, a better defender would have clattered man and ball before he had time to control it. He had a fantastic game on Saturday, now lets see how he gets on against a team who know what they're doing.

The reason Tomkins didn't go jumping in was because he'd have walked following a second yellow, which he could have got if Albrighton had gone down.

That said, better defenders wouldn't necessarily be able to stop him anyway. We've all seen how the likes of Vidic deal with pace.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2010, 05:22:21 PM »

The reason Tomkins didn't go jumping in was because he'd have walked following a second yellow, which he could have got if Albrighton had gone down.

That said, better defenders wouldn't necessarily be able to stop him anyway. We've all seen how the likes of Vidic deal with pace.

And also bear in mind that Albrighton was into the box before Tomkins knew what was happening. Nine times out of ten, if a player is bought down after doing that, it's a penalty.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2010, 05:24:22 PM »
Inclined to agree with Chris, we will be playing far, far better teams than West Ham, we'll also have to do it without a man who bossed the central midfield on Saturday.
I'm cautiously optimistic.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2010, 05:28:45 PM »
Randy is starting too look even better with the Oneil saga, he saw Martin spunk 12 mill on Downing instead of giving Albrighton a chance last year. He tried to do the same this year with Mcgeady and I think Randy had simply had enough!

Albrighton was ready last year to play at least 20 games, Martin was holding the youth back by persisting with the likes of Heskey.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2010, 05:33:08 PM »
Randy is starting too look even better with the Oneil saga, he saw Martin spunk 12 mill on Downing instead of giving Albrighton a chance last year. He tried to do the same this year with Mcgeady and I think Randy had simply had enough!

Albrighton was ready last year to play at least 20 games, Martin was holding the youth back by persisting with the likes of Heskey.

I've been reliably informed that he wanted to sign Keane and McGeady for a combined total of £18m, with massive wages thrown in for both.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2010, 05:36:25 PM »

Hmm...bit revisionist that. Albrighton last year, aside from pre-season and then in the cup against Brighton, didn't look remotely like pulling up any trees in the PL. He came on against Wolves and offered an injection of pace, but I can't agree that he was ready for 20+ PL games before or after his injury. In fact, I don't know if he's ready for them this season either, much as I want him to be the missing piece of the jigsaw. So I'd suggest we all calm down a bit.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2010, 05:51:17 PM »
I'm not saying 20 starts but 20 appearances,

But that's my point exactly, Martin never gave him a chance to see if he was ready!

Common sense really, Downing won't be fit till Christmas, wait till jan to buy him meanwhile giving a quality winger from tge youth team a chance.

Remember guys he is nearly 21 so he is not an Imature teenager!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2010, 07:57:30 PM »

Hmm...bit revisionist that. Albrighton last year, aside from pre-season and then in the cup against Brighton, didn't look remotely like pulling up any trees in the PL. He came on against Wolves and offered an injection of pace, but I can't agree that he was ready for 20+ PL games before or after his injury. In fact, I don't know if he's ready for them this season either, much as I want him to be the missing piece of the jigsaw. So I'd suggest we all calm down a bit.

Last season Albrighton was thrown on for the last 15 minutes of games where we were chasing a goal - Wigan, Liverpool and Wolves at home. A bit daunting for a youngster, expecting him to be a match-winner. He should have got more minutes in games we were strolling (Hull home and away, Bolton and Burnley at home etc.) aswell.

Offline peter w

« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2010, 09:05:24 PM »
Its only one game. At the moment this full home debut could be filed under Cole, C. So let's just see how it goes.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2010, 08:51:54 AM »

Based in the Greater wow power leveling Toronto Area, Global Translation and Writing Services offers professional translation services wow power leveling for over 60 languages. We provide two-way translation from English to wow power leveling Chinese, Spanish, Farsi, Arabic, German, Italian, Korean . . . and many other world of warcraft gold languages. We translate business contracts, company brochures, websites, marketing copy, information best wow gold notices, technical manuals, scripts, multimedia presentations, and other cheapest wow gold materials. We specialize in website localization,

Are you on drugs - what the hell is that?

As for Marc - agreed lets not put too much expectation on his shoulders - but also lets enjoy a villa fan doing what we would all love to do

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2010, 09:01:08 AM »

Are you on drugs - what the hell is that?
Spam.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2010, 11:01:48 AM »
he was superb when he was eventually brought on by the clueless stuart pearce for the u21 win...

scored a cracking goal and put in some delicious crosses for welbeck to screw up...

why he starts and delfouneso is on the bench, and why albrighton wasnt on instead of that cleverley lad, is beyond me...

it seems that who you play for, rather than your ability, has creeped down to the u21s too these days...

as for the media wanking over wilshire, *sigh*...

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2010, 11:09:02 AM »
he was superb when he was eventually brought on by the clueless stuart pearce for the u21 win...

scored a cracking goal and put in some delicious crosses for welbeck to screw up...

why he starts and delfouneso is on the bench, and why albrighton wasnt on instead of that cleverley lad, is beyond me...

it seems that who you play for, rather than your ability, has creeped down to the u21s too these days...

as for the media wanking over wilshire, *sigh*...

In fairness Marc has only just come into the U21 squad, so others already have the shirt infront of him. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal