collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Judas XI  (Read 18271 times)

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
Re: The Judas XI
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2010, 12:45:24 PM »
He got his agent to, said he never said anything like that and he was hurt at Martins comments. Read in the papers so could be wrong, but you diddnt see him kicking and stamping his feet til he got his way...

Offline magic monks

« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2010, 03:01:04 PM »
Yeah sorry that's what I meant when I said 'first season back', I meant first season back in the first division. There weren't too many rampaging performances in our 87/88 season that I can recall, Thompson was more effective up front which speaks volumes.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2010, 03:25:09 PM »
I don't understand why Platt and Southgate are being mentioned on this thread. Platt carried the team for a couple of years and was sold to fund BFR's squad and Southgate, even after admitting he wanted to leave never gave less than 100% for the following year. Although it was stranger he left us because he wanted to "win things" and pitched up at 'Boro.

Milner and Barry are out too then. Same for Yorke.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2010, 05:11:31 PM »
Yeah sorry that's what I meant when I said 'first season back', I meant first season back in the first division. There weren't too many rampaging performances in our 87/88 season that I can recall, Thompson was more effective up front which speaks volumes.

We got up, which was all that matters. I still don't know about McInally.

Offline deanl123

« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2010, 10:02:36 PM »
I feel i need to stick up for Southgate. He had ambition for the club, that was not matched by the management at the time.

I still remember playing against him during the 25th anniversary of the European Cup win when the 1982 players did a lap of the pitch. Southgate applauded them all around the pitch, whilst our squad of the time largely ignored them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal