collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Houllier interview  (Read 8485 times)

Offline Leighton

• Location: Walsall Wood. Home of the protesting Jesus on a telegraph pole.
Re: Houllier interview
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 11:56:14 PM »
If you think google translation is bad, check this out from Marie at barclayspremierleagues.com
Houllier was offered to Train The Villa
Submitted by Marie on September 5, 2010 – 8:27 pmOne Comment
Former Liverpool coach Gerard Houllier, will be offered to train Aston Villa. Within 48 hours, he is expected to give an answer.

Initially, Houllier will be offered as director of football. However, Villa was eventually changed and offered a coach position. He will replace temporarily coach Kevin MacDonald.

Currently, Houllier appointed director of engineering for the French soccer federation. He signed favorites list to deal with Villa, after the club’s coach Martin O’Neill had left.

Houllier was too familiar with the Premier League. He began to train at Liverpool in 2001. He ever brings UEFA Cup, FA Cup and League Cup.

Saturday (09/04/2010), he was in Liverpool to watch the testimonial match Jammie Carragher. This attendance was also directly linked with plans to train Villa.

Few things from that.

Firstly, it is nice of him to bring g the UEFA Cup, FA Cup and League Cup with him. That makes our elimination the other week much easier to take, and the fact that he will be ending our 53-year wait for the FA Cup and also throwing in a League Cup after we were cheated out of it in last seasons final is a real bonus. Who needs to enter competitions anymore when you can just appoint a new manager who can bring them with him…?

Secondly, very nice of the Scousers to turn out for a friendly game just so they can welcome our new manager. Very sporting of them!

Offline Guy M

• Location: Maidenhead - less than an hour from Zeitgeist on a good day!
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 10:07:57 AM »
If you think google translation is bad, check this out from Marie at barclayspremierleagues.com
Houllier was offered to Train The Villa
Submitted by Marie on September 5, 2010 – 8:27 pmOne Comment
All of that website's stories appear to be "written" like that.

I don't know what it's like now, but when I used to spend a lot more time in Lyon about 10 years ago, France Football was an awesome publication. Kicker in Germany too. Nowhere near as fawning or tabloid as a FourFourTwo has always struck me. Do we have an equivalent over here? Is World Soccer any good?

Offline Michel Sibble

• Wiibble.
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 06:43:06 PM »
Today's main story

Toure Reason to Give a Captain to Tevez
September 7, 2010 – 5:30 pm | No Comment

Toure Reason to Give a Captain to Tevez

Having had time to be a mystery, Kolo Toure finally revealed the reason why he gave Manchester City’s captain to Carlos Tevez. According to him, becoming a captain, Tevez could give greater influence to the team just like Diego Maradona at Napoli...

Not sure whether Touré was ever considered mysterious. Rock solid at the back, yes, but a strange man?

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 12:06:02 AM »
while contact well yesterday telephone, Houiller `hello yes' declare.

`Paul Tait Barry Fry offer not refuse, with fishes sleep' say. `Curbishley also head of horse bedtime.'

Gerard smug expression unlimited transfer ATM, airmiles Clairefontaine.

Monsieur Lerner serious face nodding, nodding `Djimi Traore!' exclaim. `Cash suitcase 25 player dogfood!'

Gerard many stroking chin decorator of football roleplaying, Kevin McDonald tricycle round and round `Red Rum Red Rum' Agbonlahor. Not Ashley Young travelcard Tottenham, not Luke Young bus-stop gluesniffing OK!

O'Neill many many badguy mysterious `accident' best before 31/12/10.

ends

Brilliant! If I could bring myself to, I'd write 'lol'. Shit, I just did, didn't I?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 08:14:32 AM »
Is World Soccer any good?

I've not read it for many years but whilst it was good it always seemed to be too focussed on telling you about up and coming players who were going to be the next best thing, I remember reading with interest a four page spread about a young Dinamo Zagreb striker whom Juventus were courting, he was honestly, definately, going to a superstar. Went by the name of Bosko Balaban.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 08:58:30 AM »
Is World Soccer any good?

I've not read it for many years but whilst it was good it always seemed to be too focussed on telling you about up and coming players who were going to be the next best thing, I remember reading with interest a four page spread about a young Dinamo Zagreb striker whom Juventus were courting, he was honestly, definately, going to a superstar. Went by the name of Bosko Balaban.

Thats just the sort of player we should be looking at ..................oh

Offline BedsVillain

• Twitter:
  • GM : May, 2013
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 09:56:31 AM »
Currently, Houllier appointed director of engineering for the French soccer federation.

That could be handy! Wonder if he does private boilers.....or maybe that's just Wayne Rooney!

Offline Hammer

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 07:41:12 AM »
while contact well yesterday telephone, Houiller `hello yes' declare.

`Paul Tait Barry Fry offer not refuse, with fishes sleep' say. `Curbishley also head of horse bedtime.'

Gerard smug expression unlimited transfer ATM, airmiles Clairefontaine.

Monsieur Lerner serious face nodding, nodding `Djimi Traore!' exclaim. `Cash suitcase 25 player dogfood!'

Gerard many stroking chin decorator of football roleplaying, Kevin McDonald tricycle round and round `Red Rum Red Rum' Agbonlahor. Not Ashley Young travelcard Tottenham, not Luke Young bus-stop gluesniffing OK!

O'Neill many many badguy mysterious `accident' best before 31/12/10.

ends

This reads like one of my particularly bad subtitling days. 'Tonight the sky will be spitting out bits of brain'

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal