collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kev Mc defends MON  (Read 17997 times)

Offline stevenjos

Re: Kev Mc defends MON
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2010, 02:53:43 PM »

Has there been a time when you were happy with the board/manager/players at the club? When you didn't define your support in terms of opposition to someone at Villa?

Back in the mid 90's id guess, but even then you knew doug was well doug... Early in MONS appointment before it became obvious he was tactically inept as well.

Well after 15 years of that, wouldn't you be happier to think I'll let the board appoint the manager, the manager pick the players and for the next 12 months I'll just define my relationship with the club as someone who just supports?

unfortunately I can see these faults that most claret tinted spectacle wearers seem unable to, and if i dont like them i dont have to like them, infact i say its detrimental and timewasting to just "accept" things and support blindly.

How can you cheer on a team with habib beye been done all night at left back and the manager has decided not to put warnock on the bench? how can you roar when your playing a striker who doesnt score. how can you get excited by "qualifying for europe" when you know the manager doesnt give a damn and will play kids when we should get as many away goals as possible? I want ambition in my team and with Mon and Mon mk2 (kmac) you dont get this, hell... kmac didnt have the ambition to go try for full time for 2+weeks.

I support by wanting the best and voicing my opinions on how to change these as soon as possible. Other people Support by paying hundreds of pounds a year to cheer the team on. Ultimately myself and person who goes have no say whatsoever in what goes on. Me on here saying i dislike MON2 backing up his mate, will make no difference, it will just get it off my chest. Joe Bloggs coming on here and saying "cheer the team for 90 minutes" will make no difference, it will just get it off his chest. We are but fans, its the paid employees who make the difference. It money that drives 99% of players and managers on, not stevenjos's opinion on a internet forum.

im just getting it off my chest, just like you are by asking for blind support.

If the board appoint someone who comes in and plays attractive football and people in position then of course i'll give them a chance*

Have you ever been wrong?

yeah i thought MON was a good manager for 2 years!

* = unless they like Heskey and then they are obviously insane.

"I support by wanting the best and voicing my opinions on how to change these as soon as possible"

Are you sure you're not simply a critic of Aston Villa FC, rather than a supporter of the club?

Im not.

Offline Muscle-Dolphin

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2010, 02:54:44 PM »
In this day and age it's hard to believe that the details of MON's "abandonment" hasn't found their way into today's 24/7 media.  I think that KMac is trying to be diplomatic here, but he is not experienced in media matters.  IMHO he may lack a bit of the "killer instinct" that needs to be passed on to our squad.  I support the Houllier/ KMac set-up for the time being and revisit the concept at the end of the year.  If not Hitzfeld or Moyes then IMO this is our best option under the present strange circustances.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 02:59:21 PM by Muscle-Dolphin »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2010, 02:59:13 PM »
I think people have to remember, that by leaving when he did, MON did himself no favours. He would be entitled to zero pay-off. No jobs around at the moment. Most likely wont be until next summer.

Now I'm sure he is not short a few bob, but this idea of his grand master plan to f*** up Villa is ridiculous.

Rightly or wrongly, he left because he didnt feel he could work with the board/owner/Faulkner, the reasons for which obviously came to a head around that weekend.

Sure, be angry/disappointed for not sticking out the season with the squad he had built...but the conspiracy theories are laughable and based on nothing.

Moon landing in a Hollywood basement...now we're talking!

There's plenty of work for Martin O'Neill between now and next May, and I'm not laughing at any supposed 'conspiracy theory'.

What are you basing it on then.....besides this hatred that you have had for from well before he left?

I hated him before he left, did I? That's news to me.

I'm basing it on what I've been told. 

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2010, 04:52:19 PM »
I don't think O'Neill deliberately timed his departure to cause maximum disruption, of course not.
I do however feel that if he had an ounce of respect for our club he would either have left when he first felt he could no longer continue, or if that really did only occur five days before the season, he should have at least had enough respect for us to stay on until the end of the transfer window to give us some sort of chance of going into the season with some stability.

By doing what he did, he lost all respect I had for him, and I had a huge amount of respect for him as well.

I note with respect that I've used the word respect a lot in this post!

Offline Reality

• Sean
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2010, 05:31:04 PM »
I don't think he timed it as well, but still 5 days before the season is disgusting. He has a habit of ditching clubs when he doesn't get his own way.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2010, 07:34:58 PM »
You can't expect Kevin MacDonald to attack his friend in the media. We don't know the full facts or what Martin O'Neill feeling is. He had enough and walked out. If Martin ONeill want to talk he will, but he doesn't want to damage his reputation.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2010, 10:12:51 AM »
There was a massive rumour doing the rounds on 30th March that MON had resigned.

It had to be denied by the club on Pravda.

I think there's a possibilty that he may have 'walked' and then talked into staying only to do a runner 5 days before this season began.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2010, 10:22:44 AM »
The interview is fair enough.

Any managers record is a combination of the good and the bads, the sum totlaof which in MONs case was the best three consecutive post WW2 finishes in our history.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2010, 02:09:29 PM »
Good to see K-Mac defending a hard working and succesful manager.  Perhaps some on herecould show some respect and stop sniping at someone who did his best for the club

I agree with the sentiments, but he was a complete tosser for walking out.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2010, 02:31:09 PM »
My opinion is the same as K Mac, i don't believe MON walked away with the intention of maximising the amount of disruption caused to the club, and as K Mac has added, if that was the case then MON would not have passed on the "scouting" report would he.
I'd imagine in legal terms, the report was the property of the club. He's done us no favours other than leaving.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2010, 03:53:07 PM »
I cannot see why Kevin MacDonald should not be allowed to give his opinion. If it is different to some of ours then so be it. He did work with O'Neill and is a friend of his. Personally, I am delighted that he has gone but don't expect everyone at the club to suddenly despise him, even though many of the staff already did, allegedly.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2010, 10:39:52 AM »
I also think the theory of purposefully timing it for maximum damage is way off base.  If it were true, then why not do it the morning of the first game? 

I can belief the dummies thrown thing, although we still haven't heard the full story there IMO, but that just means he's a stubborn man, not a vindictive one.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal