collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Luke Moore  (Read 17121 times)

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
Re: Luke Moore
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2010, 10:03:29 AM »
Guy M, Wheré did Cahill admit MON didn't get it wrong when selling him?  Any quotes? 

He wasn't ready to be first choice for a team pushing for a top4/6 place?  Whereas Zat Knight and the much criticised (often unfairly in my view) Curtis Davies presumably were?

Bolton have tried to sell him every window? You know this for a fact do you?

Has he improved at Bolton? Possibly.  But that might have something to do with him being given a chance and getting more experienced. He was pretty good for us I seem to recall. 

Time alone will tell if O'Neill got it wrong, but your arguments to say he didn't are a bit iffy to say the least.

Sorry don't want to turn this into yet another Cahill debate but I take exception to dubious revisionism.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 10:05:13 AM by ktvillan »

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2010, 10:41:08 AM »
I still scratch my head when I think about Luke Moore. He played in the youth cup winning side v Everton who had Wayne Rooney playing for them. I remember everyone raving about Rooney at the time and I was telling all who would listen that Luke was the better player and would go on to bigger things than fat neck. Just goes to show how much I know

In that final wombat, Rooney was the only player on the pitch who looked like he'd make it.

Re. Luke Moore, it's obviously a shame, but like his brother, maybe he was over hyped.

I met Gary Shaw in the 'are the Moore brothers going to be superstars ?' period, and he was sceptical, saying that Luke was the better player but not to pin Villa's future on eiether of them.

Good luck to Luke weherever he ends up - let's face it, we'd all rather have gone as far as him in football than we have so who are we to judge ?

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2010, 10:43:17 AM »
The man should think himself priviledged to be a footballer, Many of us would love to be in his shoes, But getting left out of the Albion squad must be a new low for the man.

You would have thought he would not want to end up like his brother

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2010, 11:23:25 AM »
In MON's first season he used to play on the opposite flank to Gabby and I always thought Moore would be the better player. He looked really good until he got his injury.

In Football Manager 06/07 he became a superstar for me!

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2010, 11:30:49 AM »
A friend, who knows Luke, believes that Moores ambition is........................to open a clothes shop.
He is not interested in football, has seven figures in the bank and is quite happy.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2010, 11:46:34 AM »
A friend, who knows Luke, believes that Moores ambition is........................to open a clothes shop.
He is not interested in football, has seven figures in the bank and is quite happy.

That's quite sad.... seven figures in the bank for being an unmotivated footballer who is letting his talent go to waste.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2010, 11:53:09 AM »
what a waste of such talent...

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2010, 12:11:54 PM »

That's good to hear, good luck Luke ..... football is not all there is to life.

7 figures in the bank, he doesn't need to own a major chain of shops, just one that ticks over and keeps him happy.

Fair play to him I say.

Offline Cuz

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2010, 01:07:15 PM »
Hatrick at Boro he looked quality, shame

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2010, 01:14:17 PM »
Luke Moore had all the talent required to be a very good player.

Unfortuantely, he spent significant amounts of his career with his head up his own arse.

Offline SteveN

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2010, 01:16:04 PM »

A footballer looking to open a boutique?  It's like being back in the late 60s and 70s.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2010, 04:39:06 PM »
Guy M, Wheré did Cahill admit MON didn't get it wrong when selling him?  Any quotes? 

He wasn't ready to be first choice for a team pushing for a top4/6 place?  Whereas Zat Knight and the much criticised (often unfairly in my view) Curtis Davies presumably were?

Bolton have tried to sell him every window? You know this for a fact do you?

Has he improved at Bolton? Possibly.  But that might have something to do with him being given a chance and getting more experienced. He was pretty good for us I seem to recall. 

Time alone will tell if O'Neill got it wrong, but your arguments to say he didn't are a bit iffy to say the least.

Sorry don't want to turn this into yet another Cahill debate but I take exception to dubious revisionism.

Guy M is a MON fan though. (wink)

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2010, 04:47:35 PM »
Moore going nowhere, Davis gone to Scotland and Ridgewell  at the Sty. We really had a great election of shite under O' Leary.

The only one M'ON got wrong was Cahill.
*facepalm*

MO'N didn't get Cahill wrong. Cahill wanted and needed regular first-team football. We couldn't give it him as he wasn't ready to be the first choice central defender for a team pushing for a Top 4/6 place. He's definitely improved at Bolton and deserves credit for that, especially considering the changes in management they've had, but once again another Transfer Window has closed and yet the Great White Hope remains there.

Bolton have tried to sell him in each of the last 4 windows, letting it be known that they wouldn't be able to resist an offer of one million dollars moohahahahahaha (or however much it is they say) and yet he's still there. So maybe, despite what many people like to say, maybe he's at his level at the moment.

If he plays for England, it will be interesting to see how he gets on, but MO'N didn't get Cahill "wrong" and Cahill admitted as much himself. I guess this one is never going to go away, is it?

I can see your point and agree with much of what you say apart from the bit highlighted. If Bolton are asking £15-20million for Gary Cahill then it is obvious they don't want to sell. He isn't worth that much and no one will pay that much. They know it and that's why they are asking for that much.

Offline willywombat

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2010, 09:47:09 AM »
I still scratch my head when I think about Luke Moore. He played in the youth cup winning side v Everton who had Wayne Rooney playing for them. I remember everyone raving about Rooney at the time and I was telling all who would listen that Luke was the better player and would go on to bigger things than fat neck. Just goes to show how much I know

In that final wombat, Rooney was the only player on the pitch who looked like he'd make it.

Re. Luke Moore, it's obviously a shame, but like his brother, maybe he was over hyped.

I met Gary Shaw in the 'are the Moore brothers going to be superstars ?' period, and he was sceptical, saying that Luke was the better player but not to pin Villa's future on eiether of them.

Good luck to Luke weherever he ends up - let's face it, we'd all rather have gone as far as him in football than we have so who are we to judge ?

Maybe he was in the second leg but certainly not in the first at Goodison where in my opinion he looked head and shoulders above Rooney

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2010, 10:18:55 AM »
I remember Everton v WBA a couple of years ago and Moore came off the bench and played a blinder.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal