collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by algy
[Today at 07:57:27 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is anybody worried about the Blues signing Hleb and co while we did nothing?  (Read 18044 times)

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
We should have gone for Hleb, because if you don't think he'd get in our side you're an idiot to be honest.
How on earth can we go for him, until we get a new manager?

Is the correct answer.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
We should have gone for Hleb, because if you don't think he'd get in our side you're an idiot to be honest.
How on earth can we go for him, until we get a new manager?

We should have had a manager.
How?
Do you think it's that easy to get a quality manager in that quickly?

Offline jembob

CBY. I think you may be right and today may just be a tipping point. The balance of football power seems to be shifting across the city towards Small Heath. With a potential fan base of over 400 billion chinese, all buying counterfeit shirts, the coffers will be overflowing. In no time at all the New Sty will be full to it's 50,000 capacity and the name Small Heath Alliance will be held in reverence around the footballing world. Forget high spending Citeh, we have hatfulls of quality players arriving at the Sty to rival anything the top 4 could muster. It must be so exciting for you pea-brained trolls.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Hleb would have been a good buy for us if Ireland hadn't come in but there wouldn't have been room for both.

Offline Cuellar Boo Ya

They finished behind us by some way last season and to achieve the magnificent heights of (I think) 9th based on all out defence and a top class keeper. They have lost the keeper and shipped two goals to both Sunderland and Bolton  in their last two outings where last season they would have earned a clean sheet and three points each. Look at who plays for them: Steve Carr, Barry Ferguson, Liam Ridgewell and that little turncoat cast-off Gardner are regulars. To finish above that lot, even complemented by Hleb we don't need to strengthen. In fact we could get away with selling another key player if finishing above Blues is our minimum aim.

Those 4 goals were 2 pens, a freak own goal and a free kick; to be honest I don't think Joe hart would haved saved those either.   I think they'll be a lot stronger this year as they now have a bit of pace and presence up front, and some attacking guile in the middle.    We've lost our best player and had to all out defend for 75 minutes against a piss poor everton team.   We also got tonked 6-0 at Newcastle which is very very worrying.

We needed players.

Offline garyfouroaks

Who Blues have and have not bought is not the problem.

The problem is that we have "lost" a window, and the best part of a season by having no substantive movement in or out.

Offline taylorsworkrate

It's like a playgroup in here.  I was trying to start some sensible discusion and you all start getting all whiney.   Many do find it rather worrying we haven't freshened up the squad a bit, whilst the Blues have.

You accuse others of being childish, then call them idiots.  Can you see the issue there?

Who did I call an idiot?

You said anyone who doesn't think Hleb would get in our side is an idiot.  Well i don't necessarily think he would.  Hleb is predominantly a wide man.  He's not better than Ashley Young (imo) and Albrighton will only improve the more games he plays.  I think those two should be the wingers with Ireland playing off Gabby.  Hleb could play centre midfield, but i don't think he has the defensive quality needed to balance the attacking players ahead of him.

I also don't think hleb is the same player as at Arsenal.

If all of that makes me an idiot then so be it.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
One name ensures that they won't do as well as last season.
Joe Hart.

He saved them a hell of a lot of points with his heroics

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024

They finished behind us by some way last season and to achieve the magnificent heights of (I think) 9th based on all out defence and a top class keeper. They have lost the keeper and shipped two goals to both Sunderland and Bolton  in their last two outings where last season they would have earned a clean sheet and three points each. Look at who plays for them: Steve Carr, Barry Ferguson, Liam Ridgewell and that little turncoat cast-off Gardner are regulars. To finish above that lot, even complemented by Hleb we don't need to strengthen. In fact we could get away with selling another key player if finishing above Blues is our minimum aim.

Those 4 goals were 2 pens, a freak own goal and a free kick; to be honest I don't think Joe hart would haved saved those either.   I think they'll be a lot stronger this year as they now have a bit of pace and presence up front, and some attacking guile in the middle.    We've lost our best player and had to all out defend for 75 minutes against a piss poor everton team.   We also got tonked 6-0 at Newcastle which is very very worrying.

We needed players.

I think this thread, your comments, particularly about Everton being piss poor (ah?) sum up your present state of mind. Chin up and lay of the drugs.

Offline luke25

Wonder how many times 'the power shift' will be mentioned in tomorrows Mail

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Hleb is an excellent player and we'd all be delighted if he was turning out for us in a week or so's time. So fair play to them for pulling off that deal. It's not going to suddenly catapult them above us though. We're supposedly in crisis and a couple games aside, we are doing ok. Our squad depth and kids coming through will hold us together until January. Milner is a loss, but when a new manager comes in, implements Ireland properly, rotates the squad, our current set up is top 8 for sure. Some proper coaching, tactics and some new faces we'll be challenging in the 4-6 positions. Blues are a good distance from that even with Hleb.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
I wouldn't say I was worried but there's a level of quality now at Blues that previously I thought they wouldn't be able to attract.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
SMA sign an average player (but he played a bit part for Barcalona) and we have thread on it. They are still shit and always will be.

Offline taylorsworkrate

We still have a lot of good players at this club.  We have lost Milner but gained an immense talent in Ireland.  If you ask any neutral to pick which squad he wants out of us and them, the vast majority would take ours in a heartbeat.

Online cdward

I hate to say it, but I think they could finish above us this year, they'll probably do the double over us as well.

We are in the biggest state of turmoil this club has seen since 1986, and we are still above them in the table.
Altogether now "100 years and you've won fuck all..."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal