collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by SamTheMouse
[Today at 12:43:35 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by OCD
[Today at 12:41:13 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 12:40:24 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Dave
[Today at 12:17:57 PM]

Villa songs on Alexa by Louzie0
[Today at 12:16:54 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by WarszaVillan
[Today at 12:15:25 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by olaftab
[Today at 12:08:48 PM]

Diego Carlos by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:02:58 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is anybody worried about the Blues signing Hleb and co while we did nothing?  (Read 18107 times)

Offline Fingers

• GM : 30.01.2025
"Top quality star players"?!!  Have a rest mate.  Lock?

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
No not at all. Just makes them even funnier. Not quite spent the £20 million in 3 windows yet have they.

Offline El Hurricane

Yes a hatful of top quality stars, Hleb and two unknowns! Agree with other posters get a grip!!

Offline Cuellar Boo Ya

It's like a playgroup in here.  I was trying to start some sensible discusion and you all start getting all whiney.   Many do find it rather worrying we haven't freshened up the squad a bit, whilst the Blues have.

We should have gone for Hleb, because if you don't think he'd get in our side you're an idiot to be honest.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
I don't give a shit about Blues, but the fact they've got Foster and Hleb it bothers me a little as they are players that could do a superb job for us, especially with our threadbare squad.

Yes, O'Neill left us in the shit, but I honestly think the board have done 'an O'Neill' and dithered on getting a replacement. Is this so they don't have to spend any money this summer? - It's all a bit convenient for me.

Offline ajmant

And just who was going to sign him? The Board? Give us a break!!!!

Offline carlos the third

No. The last thing we need is another attacking midfielder.

Online taylorsworkrate

Hleb used to be good player, not so sure anymore.  It can't really show much about his ambitions if hes agreed to the move.

In fairness, having seen blose on Sunday, i wouldn't be too worried.  They let a two goal lead slip against an at best, mediocre side who were down to 10 men.  They were also getting well beat by Sunderland, (another at best mediocre side) until they went down to 10 men.

They also haven't got Joe Hart this year.  Without him they would probably have been involved in a relegation dogfight last year.

Online taylorsworkrate

It's like a playgroup in here.  I was trying to start some sensible discusion and you all start getting all whiney.   Many do find it rather worrying we haven't freshened up the squad a bit, whilst the Blues have.

We should have gone for Hleb, because if you don't think he'd get in our side you're an idiot to be honest.

You accuse others of being childish, then call them idiots.  Can you see the issue there?

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

What a stupid, yet predictable thread.

If these players were any good, do you honestly think they'd be going to Blose? Think about it.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
There's already a thread to laugh at SHA about, why have we got this shit cluttering up the site?

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
How on earth can we go for him, until we get a new manager?

Offline Cuellar Boo Ya

You accuse others of being childish, then call them idiots.  Can you see the issue there?

Who did I call an idiot?

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013

Who would you drop: Albrighton, Ashley Young or Steven Ireland? He was a good player on his day a few years back but I'd rather have our three talented attacking midfielders to their one. I agree Hleb is a good signing but one swallow does not make a summer.

Aside from him who have they brought in? Matt Derbyshire, an error prone goalkeeper (who replaces their outstanding player of last season) and some players I've not heard of but I'm assured they are middling to average on football manager games.

They finished behind us by some way last season and to achieve the magnificent heights of (I think) 9th based on all out defence and a top class keeper. They have lost the keeper and shipped two goals to both Sunderland and Bolton  in their last two outings where last season they would have earned a clean sheet and three points each. Look at who plays for them: Steve Carr, Barry Ferguson, Liam Ridgewell and that little turncoat cast-off Gardner are regulars. To finish above that lot, even complemented by Hleb we don't need to strengthen. In fact we could get away with selling another key player if finishing above Blues is our minimum aim.

Offline Cuellar Boo Ya

How on earth can we go for him, until we get a new manager?

We should have had a manager.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal