collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Reo-Coker's ability to pass the ball to a team mate rather than an opponent  (Read 11938 times)

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
Am I the only one thinking that Reo-Coker's passing against Everton was surprisingly good? One of my biggest reservations against him is that he seems more likely to give the ball away than passing it to a team mate. However, against Everton this didn't seem to be the case. Ok, he's not Zidane, but it made me think that he could work as a first team regular after all.

EDIT: Title of topic has been changed from "Reo's passing" because this was deemed an unsuitable title.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:22:11 PM by Eigentor »

Offline taylorsworkrate

Re: Reo's passing
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 01:37:30 PM »
It probably was a bit better than his norm, although one instance in the second half he had the opportunity to put Ash in on goal and fluffed it badly.

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 01:37:50 PM »
I didn't know he had passed away!

Offline pmk1981

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 01:39:19 PM »
i always though that reo should be a 1st team regular in place of petrov but he was oniels love child and could never be dropped....

hang on ..........

Offline Irreverent ad

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 01:42:33 PM »
RIP...

Offline jembob

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 01:42:38 PM »
He needs to improve his game in 2 areas:

1. Chose simple passes. To be fair to him, his team mates have to be available for him to do this.
2. Do the above promptly. He does tend to hold on to the ball for too long and can't cope with being put under pressure. Again, his team mates have to make themselves available for the easy pass.

If we can get that organised, he would make a great defensive midfielder. We need his aggression in midfield and I think that Ireland's injury before the Everton game was a blessing in disguise. NRC should be on instead of Downing for more physical games like that. He should probably be on for Downing in any game.

Offline bob

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 01:43:12 PM »
I don't understand how a man can make it so far in professional football and be so, so terrible at passing.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 01:44:43 PM »
Always been a fan of NRC and agree he had a good game on Sunday.  He's the best defensive midfielder we have so should be used more.

Offline supertom

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 01:54:41 PM »
To be honest our midfield as it stands, should be built around Nigel. He's the only one I can see being a lynchpin, and offering the bite, and energy in the middle, now that Milney's gone. We look more solid with him in the side. It also takes the pressure off Petrovs legs and means he can last better in games.

I think his passing has improved in the last year, in as much as his decision making is better. He keeps it simple far more often. In the attacking third when you need that bit of extra precision, he's still shite, but that's not what he's here for.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 02:01:02 PM »
How did he die?

Offline pmk1981

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 02:06:23 PM »
please stop talking about people dying

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 02:06:47 PM »
That eff up in the Everton penalty area was hilarious.

I think he shoudk be played as a combative midfielder and not even allowed near the oppositions' penalty area !

A better signing than Sidwell, but not the real deal.

I think it may be too late to teach him new, alien skills.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 02:09:10 PM »
May be the title could be changed.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 02:11:06 PM »
I wished he would hurry up and pass it, half the problem is that he takes so long to decide what to do with the ball, someone has nearly always tackled him by the time he's made his mind up. He could be a cracking player but he's a bit old to be considered 'promising' now.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
Thank you whoever changed the title.  Now I don't have to think 'OMG' when I read it.

I like NCR but do think his passing of the ball can be dreadful.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal