collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by john2710
[Today at 12:11:45 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:05:29 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by john2710
[Today at 12:11:45 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by ez
[Today at 12:07:46 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:05:29 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 11:48:09 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 11:45:03 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 11:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabriel Agbonlahor pledges entire career to Aston Villa  (Read 11531 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

Gabriel Agbonlahor pledges entire career to Aston Villa
« on: August 28, 2010, 12:00:31 PM »
Gabriel Agbonlahor pledges entire career to Aston Villa
Gabriel Agbonlahor has declared he wants to stay at Aston Villa for the rest of his career.
The 23-year-old forward's statement comes at a time when Villa are in need of a boost after they were dumped out of the Europa League on Thursday.
And caretaker boss Kevin MacDonald has also admitted that he expects a battle to hold on to his best players.
Agbonlahor said: "Being from the area, I've got no reason to ever leave. I'm just enjoying my football here."
"I saw in the programme stats the other day that I'm the longest-serving player," added the Villa Academy product.
"I think I am one of the senior statesmen! I might bring that up with some of the lads.
"But I'm a local lad and you look at people like Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard - they don't want to leave their clubs - and it's the same with me."
Agbonlahor was Villa's second-highest scorer with 16 goals during the 2009-10.
He missed the first three games of the 2010-11 campaign with injury before returning and scoring in the Europa League clash with Rapid Vienna on Thursday, but could not prevent the Midlands side from crashing out 4-3 on aggregate.
That defeat has prompted MacDonald to send out a hands-off warning to other clubs who may feel some of Villa's players could now be unhappy and seeking a move.
"I am sure clubs will be interested in players because there are some good players at Aston Villa," stated MacDonald, who took over the reins when Martin O'Neill quit just before the start of the season.

606: DEBATE
I think Young and Gabby will be gone by this time next season and replaced with rubbish
Ashley Downing
"You'd expect not being in Europe to be a factor but you'd expect it from the clubs that are playing in Europe in that they might want an extra big player.
"We've had not anything [enquiries] as such. People would have told me if there were any enquiries. We've had nothing so far.
"But in terms of convincing players to stay, it might not be their choice. If the club needs them, and they are under contract, the club will probably want to keep them."
MacDonald, who will decide after Sunday's Premier League game at home to Everton if he wants to apply for the job on a permanent basis, believes the squad may need strengthening after the losses to Newcastle and Rapid.
He added: "I think the results over the last two games would suggest that. As far as I know there is nothing on the horizon.
"I've been asked about who I thought might improve the team. I am not about to divulge that but I have been asked.
"But the big thing coming from when Martin O'Neill left was that a lot of the squad players were disgruntled.
"Those squad players have been given an opportunity to play. Whether it is one or two games, they have to come up to speed very, very quickly.
"There are lot of players with international experience in the squad. Whether we need to change the squad around a bit, that remains to be seen."
MacDonald also believes the quality of manager interested in replacing O'Neill will not be affected by the lack of European football.
He commented: "I don't really think that will be the case. I think Aston Villa is regarded as a major club and any Premier League club is a major club.
"I just think that there will be lots and lots of applications for this club because everyone will think they can push this club back up"

Good news for us, Gabby has got better every season and I'm expecting more from him this coming season. 20 goals, maybe?

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
Re: Gabriel Agbonlahor pledges entire career to Aston Villa
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 12:02:17 PM »
Always fantastic to hear.
Too bad for him that he's royally fucked up his next pay review. :)

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 12:05:34 PM »
Makes a refreshing change...

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 12:09:16 PM »

We just need to find a decent strike partner for him now. Before the deadline, wishful thinking, I know.

Online JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 12:11:15 PM »
I love Gabby. So underrated and he loves the Villa.

Big games you just know he's going to turn up.

Should be a regular in the England squad.

Offline atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 12:13:14 PM »
Gabby; unique in his 'I love the club I play for' stance. I for one am really glad he is one of us. Just a lot richer. And faster.

Offline StMalachy

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 12:14:17 PM »
Hyperbole
(pronounced /haɪˈpɜrbəli/,[1] from ancient Greek ὑπερβολή 'exaggeration') is a rhetorical device in which statements are exaggerated. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.

Stevie Ireland pledged his entire life to Man City just a year ago - so Gabby quit pulling the piss and score a  "winning"  goal this weekend - you know like... an important goal.
Thats what the fans need.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 12:19:15 PM »
Hyperbole
(pronounced /haɪˈpɜrbəli/,[1] from ancient Greek ὑπερβολή 'exaggeration') is a rhetorical device in which statements are exaggerated. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.

Stevie Ireland pledged his entire life to Man City just a year ago - so Gabby quit pulling the piss and score a  "winning"  goal this weekend - you know like... an important goal.

Yeah, because he's never bagged any 'important' goals for us, has he?

Pillock.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 12:20:39 PM »
I love Gabby. So underrated and he loves the Villa.

Big games you just know he's going to turn up.

Should be a regular in the England squad.

You're right mate,in the 40 mintes he played the other night he showed us what we miss when he's not there.

Online dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 12:21:06 PM »
Good lad Gabby.

Refreshing to hear something positive for a change.
He does need to have a decent partner up front with him and personaly, I would see someone like Bobby Zamora fitting the bill.
Could also be England's future pairing up front too.

Offline atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 12:29:27 PM »
Hyperbole

That is perhaps the most depressing thing I have read all week, which takes some doing. For one thing Ireland might have stayed an City for his career, but was asked to train with the reserves, he had to leave. Gabby is from Brum, he is settled and happy. He is a Villa fan. He has said something positive but you turned it into a negative. Oh, and he does score goals.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 12:29:52 PM »
Good lad Gab.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2010, 12:34:54 PM »
Absolutely over the moon that gabby want's to stay for the rest of is career.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2010, 12:35:36 PM »
With the state of football these days, I could be really cynical and say thats him on his way then.
But fair play to him, he didnt need to say this. Also to come out and make such a statement at this time is welcome, when there is such uncertainty round us that we havent seen in quite a while.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 12:47:45 PM »
Stevie Ireland pledged his entire life to Man City just a year ago

If we pissed about with Gabby with way Man City did with Steven Ireland nobody would blame him for going.  Comitment has to go both ways.

EDIT: Oh, and as for 'important' goals, how about two nights ago against Rapid?  At the time it was vital and Gabby can hardly be blamed for what happened after he left the pitch.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 12:50:47 PM by not3bad »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal