collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

NSWE Investment by tomd2103
[Today at 12:14:34 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:06:52 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 24, 2024, 11:56:03 PM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Hillbilly
[April 24, 2024, 11:46:00 PM]

Champions League Contention by Dave
[April 24, 2024, 11:04:47 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by VillaTim
[April 24, 2024, 10:35:53 PM]

MOTD by Brazilian Villain
[April 24, 2024, 10:01:13 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Demitri_C
[April 24, 2024, 09:46:49 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Our sources say.....  (Read 38364 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Our sources say.....
« Reply #135 on: August 28, 2010, 07:01:18 PM »
I'm coming round to Koeman.

Even if he did play Arizmendi at right back.

Koeman? You have got to be joking. I'd honestly rather have Joe Kinnear.
I'd honestly rather have Roy Kinnear.

Offline steve.t

« Reply #136 on: August 28, 2010, 07:16:15 PM »

Well its got to be someone and he has won more than MON ever will, This is the delema though I don't envy Randy. I think there is going to be some upset Villa fans this week.

Online enigma

« Reply #137 on: August 28, 2010, 07:23:02 PM »

Well its got to be someone and he has won more than MON ever will, This is the delema though I don't envy Randy. I think there is going to be some upset Villa fans this week.

I'd be more than just upset if we ended up with Koeman. I'd be at defcon 1. The man was utterly disastrous at Valencia and AZ and turned both teams from decent clubs into relegation candidates. We can and should do better than him.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #138 on: August 28, 2010, 07:58:22 PM »
Why don't we go and get Moyes? If the ambition is still there I'm sure we could tempt him at the end of the season as he's certainly not going to get the Man Utd job without doing something better than he is currently.

Even if it means getting a Sven for the season.

You show that to an Everton fan and they'd laugh in your face. From a neutral, or Everton, point of view, what makes Villa bigger than Everton at the moment?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #139 on: August 28, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »
From a Forest fan on another site:

Im a Forest fan but just thought Id check on how you guys are doing in your search for your “Heavenly Father”and Ive just read the statement your caretaker has just made. Its about a thousand words long and he speaks about nothing exept his own feelings. How will I feel when we win ?(you wont mate !!),can I handle the pressure ? do I really want to be in the spotlight ? Who the fcuk is this guy trying fool. He loves it ! Problem is though……he loves himself….much more than he loves Villa. Ive got a soft spot for the Villa & like to see them do well, but you have got a serious problem with this guy. You were a shambles on Thursday, chickens without heads, plenty of effort but no leaderdhip & no direction….and this clown is talking about how he feels, c”mon lads, smell the coffee or youll be finding out how it feels to get relegated. THE FOREST VILLAN.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #140 on: August 28, 2010, 08:09:00 PM »
From a Forest fan on another site:

Im a Forest fan but just thought Id check on how you guys are doing in your search for your “Heavenly Father”and Ive just read the statement your caretaker has just made. Its about a thousand words long and he speaks about nothing exept his own feelings. How will I feel when we win ?(you wont mate !!),can I handle the pressure ? do I really want to be in the spotlight ? Who the fcuk is this guy trying fool. He loves it ! Problem is though……he loves himself….much more than he loves Villa. Ive got a soft spot for the Villa & like to see them do well, but you have got a serious problem with this guy. You were a shambles on Thursday, chickens without heads, plenty of effort but no leaderdhip & no direction….and this clown is talking about how he feels, c”mon lads, smell the coffee or youll be finding out how it feels to get relegated. THE FOREST VILLAN.
"leadership & no direction" is exactly how it has been the last 7 days. So very true.
We need our players to take control and stand up and be counted for tomorrow.

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #141 on: August 28, 2010, 09:09:23 PM »
Having read pages 1 & 10, I can believe that Dave's sources would be nothing else than accurate.  We don't want a Newcastle-esque panic appointment that would catagorically be to the further detriment of the club.  We lost to Wigan at home last year, then in Europe to Vienna under MON & it was all doom & gloom then.

Who'd much rater enjoy endless pointless speculation than at least a dribble of fact?

For my twopenneth, Dave Jones would be a cheap, easy but unambitious appointment.  I can see it happening.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #142 on: August 28, 2010, 09:36:20 PM »
yeah, in all fairness I think the whole ''aston villa crisis'' thing is getting a bit ott now. a lot of clubs have been in a similar positions as us having to get new managers etc... i think we've just got to be patient... there's nothing we can do to speed up the process, it's randy's decision ultimately despite how many of us like to play ''pick the next manager'' game.

if people want to overreact, that's fine; but i can honestly say we're not in deep dog shit as some are pointing out... heck, you should all see the spurs fans ringing up talksport, 5live, you're on sky sports or whatever going insane after losing to wigan... despite just qualifying for champions league proper and booing at full-time, they need a reality check so we shouldn't stoop down to those pathetic levels.

(sorry for no caps)

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
« Reply #143 on: August 28, 2010, 10:36:34 PM »
yeah, in all fairness I think the whole ''aston villa crisis'' thing is getting a bit ott now. a lot of clubs have been in a similar positions as us having to get new managers etc... i think we've just got to be patient... there's nothing we can do to speed up the process, it's randy's decision ultimately despite how many of us like to play ''pick the next manager'' game.

if people want to overreact, that's fine; but i can honestly say we're not in deep dog shit as some are pointing out... heck, you should all see the spurs fans ringing up talksport, 5live, you're on sky sports or whatever going insane after losing to wigan... despite just qualifying for champions league proper and booing at full-time, they need a reality check so we shouldn't stoop down to those pathetic levels.

(sorry for no caps)

Hang on a second......a few days back you were on the General's thread demanding that a manager be appointed first thing Monday! Now you're suggesting that everyone be calm and that we've time.

Mate, get back on your pills.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 10:55:15 PM by Troy Eccles »

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #144 on: August 28, 2010, 10:40:19 PM »

Well its got to be someone and he has won more than MON ever will
No he hasn't.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal