collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lovin the turmoil  (Read 4971 times)

Offline stuart r

• Location: Highley (Home of the Gerry Hitchens Fitness Suite at the local leisure centre- He started his career with Highley Miners Welfare)
Lovin the turmoil
« on: August 27, 2010, 11:05:42 AM »
I find myself being much more interested and 'into' the Villa when they are going through troubled times.... I am quite enjoying it all. Can't really explain why.... Looking forward to sunday's game more than I have looked forward to a game for ages.... P'raps its because it is only turbulent times such as these that brings out the passion that is missing from football most of the time.... Football and Villa seems to matter again.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Lovin the turmoil
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 11:08:18 AM »
Bring back the war!

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 11:08:52 AM »
I must admit there's certainly a lot more Villa related comments appeaing from my Facebook crowd. Pity most of them are from cocks who havent stepped foot inside Villa Park for years!  >:(

Offline myf

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 11:09:09 AM »
Are you a Geordie?

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 11:09:37 AM »
I'm shitting myself about sunday. Our poow wickle boys couldn't cope with nasty Newcastle, fuck knows what Everton are going to do with us.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 11:38:45 AM »
A quick read through Children of the Revolution will prepare you for the times ahead.

Offline woo

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 11:38:48 AM »
mmm, kind of know what you mean but it's driving me mad. If only we could go back to the days of steady progress...

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 11:59:28 AM »
In this Walker Steel, Chelski, Fab4, Richard Keys, Citeh, hyped up era of football; anyone following Villa for anything other than the sheer joy of being with mates enjoying the whole VILLAFAN experience is, in my opinion, deluded.

Offline Nigel Macdougall

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 04:49:14 PM »
I must admit there's certainly a lot more Villa related comments appeaing from my Facebook crowd. Pity most of them are from cocks who havent stepped foot inside Villa Park for years!  >:(

Apparently ,according to a lot of people on here, that does not make them any less of a supporter than people who go to Villa Park week in week out!

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 06:45:14 PM »
I'm not enjoying this at all.

I was a bit young for the whole 1994/1995 debacle so the first proper crisis I went through was the four straight defeats in 1997/98. The second was Brian Little's resignation. Both were tough going for an 11 year old!

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 07:14:13 PM »
Saw the thread title and thought Martin O'Neill had signed up to H&V.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 07:55:23 PM »
A quick read through Children of the Revolution will prepare you for the times ahead.

Are you suggesting crowds will drop to 12,000 as we teeter on the edge of bankruptcy after relegation? The hardy souls remaining descending on the lower Trinity turning their backs on the game as they chant to the powers that be..."The board must go ! The board must go !"
As a 9 year old sitting in the Witton Lane stand, that image is etched in my memory.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2010, 07:59:32 PM »
Saw the thread title and thought Martin O'Neill had signed up to H&V.

This.

I'm hating it - I was actually looking forawrd to this season after spending the Milner money on a new striker and a creative midfilelder.

No chance of any signings now though.

Offline Gaztonniller

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 09:11:20 AM »
I find myself being much more interested and 'into' the Villa when they are going through troubled times.... I am quite enjoying it all. Can't really explain why.... Looking forward to sunday's game more than I have looked forward to a game for ages.... P'raps its because it is only turbulent times such as these that brings out the passion that is missing from football most of the time.... Football and Villa seems to matter again.
-----------------------------------------------

Bet you also like Eastenders ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal