collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Marc Albrighton  (Read 10612 times)

Offline hipkiss92

Re: Marc Albrighton
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 11:45:22 PM »
I think any mistakes in his game are down to inexperience more than anything. His shot in the second half would have been better if he'd tried to place it rather using power, he's got the ability to do that.

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 11:46:04 PM »
Young's first free kick was a decent effort, but the one late on in the second half was so poor it's untrue.  No power, central, too much height.  I honestly believe i could have taken a better free kick than that...and i'd only want a tenner for the pleasure!

Offline myf

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 11:48:29 PM »
His run, cut in and shot was reminiscent of Morley against Everton

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 11:53:03 PM »

Exact same thing I said to my Dad, if he had scored it would have been almost identical.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2010, 11:43:55 AM »
quality young player... only positive on an otherwise very very depressing night...

Offline woo

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2010, 11:47:39 AM »
If only the rest of them had the same hunger and desire. Who knows we might even have been on 6 points and still in the Europa league.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 11:50:10 AM »
Young's first free kick was a decent effort, but the one late on in the second half was so poor it's untrue.  No power, central, too much height.  I honestly believe i could have taken a better free kick than that...and i'd only want a tenner for the pleasure!
   It was like he was playing with a beach ball at times.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2010, 07:53:26 PM »
Was awesome, im just rather hoping Man City dont be w****rs and do all they possibly can to buy him. Any decent player in villa colours are off for the noisy neighbours in manchester, time we stood up as a club and told them to fuck off!

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 02:05:56 PM »

Exact same thing I said to my Dad, if he had scored it would have been almost identical.

That was a wonderful piece of play. He seems to be the sort of player who will be able to light up a dull game with an individual piece of brilliance. It's wonderful to have him coming through the ranks. I'd like to see him start for us today.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 02:27:23 PM by Irish villain »

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2010, 02:25:39 PM »
Was awesome, im just rather hoping Man City dont be w****rs and do all they possibly can to buy him. Any decent player in villa colours are off for the noisy neighbours in manchester, time we stood up as a club and told them to fuck off!

I think Albrighton will be like Gabby, in that being a local boy, and a Villa fan, he would be more inclined to stay at villa as long as he's getting the games and we're not in the championship.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2010, 12:17:37 AM »
The youth policy at Villa Park will reap dividends in the next couple of years. These lads that are coming through could well be another Giggs, Beckham, Scholes etc. It is all a matter of timing and experience. Albrighton is a magnificent player but he needs easing into things. Great times ahead for us.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2010, 12:20:26 AM »
 I think he’s still got a long way to go and a lot to learn, but he certainly looks like the next one who will be capable of joining Gabby and being able to hold down a slot at a top six club.

Offline Muscle-Dolphin

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2010, 02:20:26 AM »
The name "Albrighton" is a fitting name for Marc because his play "bightens the pitch".  It is really cool to watch his unbridled and uncynical energy.  He has to be a permanent starter.  It's not hyperbole to state that he has morphed into my favourite Villa player.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2010, 12:37:09 PM »
He MUST start taking freekicks and corners, Ash has forgot how to take a free kick.

Did Ash EVER know how to take a free kick ?

Whenever he prepares to take a free kick on goal, the people in Row Z are in far more danger of getting hit than the back of the net.

Ash seems to go for the perfect curler into the top corner. I'd prefer it if he at least got a few on target and gave the rest of the team a chance of putting in a rebound

Offline sfx412

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2010, 12:46:45 PM »
He's so direct it makes him exciting every toime he gets the ball.
That's aid he looked totally at a loss for 30% of the game and nearly gave away 3 very dangerous free kicks.
Problem with such exciting players is they do get found out and stopped, but he looks to have plenty more in his armoury to come given time and patience.
He lacks that killer something that makes great players but he's very exciting never the less and would temper the blow should Ash Young be sold this week.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal