collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Should they stay or should they go now.............  (Read 8449 times)

Offline jembob

Re: Should they stay or should they go now.............
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2010, 11:41:48 AM »
As I said on the Post Match thread, we wouldn't be able to sell the tickets if we decided to raffle them. Worst thing about this season is being stuck with so many shite players on stupid wages. It now seems obvious MON saw this coming and decided to bolt before people started asking questions and he still had a good reputation in the game.

It's going to be a very expensive clean up job.

I keep having this vision of MON sitting at his desk when it suddenly dawns on him that it's all about to go pear shaped:

"Oh fucking hell! What have I done?? John, Steve, get your coats. Run!"

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Re: Should they stay or should they go now.............
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2010, 11:45:26 AM »
I never think these things are as black and white as 'stay or go'.  A balanced squad will have the stars, but also the squaddies that balance things out.  If Chelsea did a similar thing, they'd be excluding some of the players that get a decent few games and contribute, such a Kalou.  Can't disagree with who people want to see stay, but we won't have 25 superstars on our books so we'l be balancing out with some 'lesser players'.  So I'd also like to see the likes of Petrov and NRC stay, but not be first choices.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal