collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Should they stay or should they go now.............  (Read 8456 times)

Offline sfx412

Re: Should they stay or should they go now.............
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 10:49:25 PM »
Nobody is going to pay Habib Beye - signed age 32 on a three year contract - 40,000 pounds a week.

Who was it did that ?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 10:50:47 PM »
Nobody is going to pay Habib Beye - signed age 32 on a three year contract - 40,000 pounds a week.

Who was it did that ?

You sound as if I'm not convinced of Martin's woeful bit of business there.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 10:53:07 PM »

Who was it did that ?

You sound as if I'm not convinced of Martin's woeful bit of business there.
I've come to the conclusion that MON tried to buy the player's respect.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 10:55:13 PM »
All I know is that Habib Beye and Brad Guzan are fcuking useless.  I would be happy never to see them in our shirt ever again.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 10:56:49 PM »
Ah well, it could be worse. We could still have Zat Knight.

There's another bit of MON transfer magic...... Ship out a future England regular in Cahill for that muppet!  Siiiiigh!

Offline TonyD

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 10:59:49 PM »
Ah well, it could be worse. We could still have Zat Knight.

There's another bit of MON transfer magic...... Ship out a future England regular in Cahill for that muppet!  Siiiiigh!

We should buy back Cahill (and Gardner - runs for cover)

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 12:46:14 AM »
After the last 4 games and 4 seasons and 2 managers I think we can seriously look at the current squad and say “who should stay” and “who should go”?  My stay list is quite small:
STAY
Gabby
Dunne
Collins
Ash
Ireland
Albrighton
Clark
Bannan
Fonz
Delph
The rest aren’t quite good enough..................would save RL a mint on the wage bill!!

I don't think we could get through the season with 10 players :( 

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2010, 12:51:47 AM »
Keep the few good 'uns and merge with Portsmouth.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2010, 02:57:35 AM »
We need a good old fashioned railroading for some and drive them right down the tracks to Coventry.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2010, 03:15:18 AM »
The problem is Randy would have to pay out their contracts so pointless just letting them go. Whether you are for MON or not he has left a swag of players not good enough for the first team on incredibley
 high wages.

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2010, 03:23:41 AM »
Friedel
Young
Warnock
Dunne
Young
Ireland
Agbonlahor
Albrighton
Fonz
Delph
Petrov
NRC
Cuellar
Bannan
Clark
Hogg
Lichaj
Wiemann

The rest can foxtrot oscar.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2010, 03:39:14 AM »
What kind of business do you think our new manager could do before deadline day?

I've had enough of Brad Friedel. Think he is ridiculously overrated. I'd love to see Given - who is younger, more agile, better with the ball at his feet and a better shotstopper, come in. Reckon we could get maybe 2m from Fulham for Friedel with Given coming in for about 5m. Guzan will never make it guys but will have to do for back up this season.

Our defence has loads of centre back options but little or no cover at full back. We have one centre half too many - I think it is between Davies and Cuellar for the chop. There might be interest in Cuellar but cant see too much interest in Davies. Maybe he can be used as bait. I think he will develop into a decent player in time but bringing him in and shipping out Gary Cahill was disastrous business. With the way Warnock has started the season we badly need cover at left back. Beye was a fine player at Newcastle but looks finished now. I havent seen Lichaj so not sure if he is good enough for first team football or not. We need someone young to cover both full back positions. Luke Young and Warnock are both vunerable enough so someone with potential is needed. Anyone any ideas?

Outwide - we have options with Ashley Young, Downing, Albrighton and Ireland if stuck. The collection of players at our disposal leans itself to a 4231 formation. We havent the personnel to play 442. It is the holding two that are the problem. We have at the moment - Reo Coker, Petrov, Sidwell and Delph. I thought Sidwell was off to West Brom but that seems to have died down. Maybe he is worth another shot as our deepest midfielder with strict instructions not to move 15 yards from our centre halves? Reo Coker has no tactical discipline. This is a big chance for him but he isnt pulling up any trees. Petrov is tidy on the ball but his best days are over. Ideally we would like to move him on this summer but it is probably not an option at present. Delph didnt look ready last season but hopefully after Xmas he can make a bid for a place. We still need a combative powerful central midfielder though. Maybe a season long loan for the likes of Tymoschuk at Bayern or Mahamadou Diarra at Real? We need that kind of player badly.
Gabby is our only striker capable of playing up front by himself. He is so crucial to us. With European football gone by the wayside the need for Carew is less. Maybe he can be used as bait also. I like him though his goalscoring record at Villa is good but like Petrov his best days are over. Heskey if anyone will take him will be off. Delfouneso isnt an option as a single frontman but is a good lad to have to come in. If Carew and Heskey leave we need a frontman but not someone like Robbie Keane who couldnt play up top by himself. Hugo Rodallega perhaps?

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2010, 10:23:12 AM »
The question is, what quality player in his right mind is going to come to Villa given our state of flux?

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 10:54:26 AM »
If we get rid of those guys suggested, so what do we do when we need to rest players or players get injured/suspended?

You need to have a group of players happy enough to not play every week but be there when needed to be called upon.

These players are naturally not going to be at the same level as the 1st 11.

Every club has them even Man Utd (O'Shea, Park, Evans)

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2010, 11:26:07 AM »
The word is that carricks up for sale and he's off to sunderland, surely villa for all their current troubles could pitch in 8 million? Heskey davies and sidwell could be sold if we lower prices a bit, petrov could seek a fresh move back to celtic and we got about 10 million pound back and lower wage bill. Randys got the money but we leak out to much in wages, sell friedel to fulham and get in given, stick with guzan beye, warnock and l young for a year and see how we go. Maybe if Randys feeling flush Darren Bent? Use alrbrighton and bannan and give downing til may and see how he goes

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal