collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Thank you Mr O'Neill  (Read 27161 times)

Offline mr woo

Re: Thank you Mr O'Neill
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2010, 11:48:08 PM »
. We're going to be stuck with Heskey, Davies, Beye, Sidwell and NRC for a very long time. It's going to cost the board a fortune to pay them off. MON knew this, we'd be lucky to get £10m for the lot, not that anybody will sign them, the wage demands are far too high, so the only solution is we pay the difference until the end of their contracts.

No new manager is going to be able to solve this problem overnight. Best thing he could do is let them train alone and focus on the players he wants to keep, hopefully bringing in a few on loan. What a mess!

Kind of agree but kind of disagree.

I wouldn't have give you fifty quid for Dawson from Spurs 2 years ago but since Admiral Akbar out of Star Wars has been there he's looked pretty damn decent and been called up for England. In fact, you could say he's swapped scenarios with Davies.

So the question is.....

Is that down to the players ability?

Or the managers?

Offline LionVilla

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2010, 12:10:00 AM »
Yes thanks fpr Davis 9m, Heskey 4m,  Beye 2m and Petrov 7m...22m of waste!

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2010, 12:17:19 AM »
Thinking about it, O'Neill is just like Tony Blair.

Fucked off at just the right time to dump his successor right in it.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2010, 01:25:32 AM »

They should call he twat 'Camelot' for all the money he gives away. Put all the money that you have paid in a lifetime of support into a wallet. It would still not pay for a weeks wages of some of these. That is how insignificant we are.

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2010, 03:09:06 AM »
In one word: thank you for leaving us in freefall.

That's 6 words though!  ;)

What you should've said was - "In one word: ******"

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2010, 08:40:45 AM »
Thinking about it, O'Neill is just like Tony Blair.

Fucked off at just the right time to dump his successor right in it.

Now you mention it you're spot on.

Although I begrudgingly called Blair a genius for doing it. That's not what I'm calling O'Neill at the moment.

Offline SteveD

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2010, 09:11:55 AM »
That same squad of players, bar one, were in the top 6 last season, and were at Wembley twice.  Managers come and go, it's how clubs respond to it that matters. Ellis - and I was no fan - always acted swiftly in appointments and seemed to have a plan B. We don't know exactly why MON left because AVFC always craftily ensure their managers leave silently, Taylor Pt2 apart (in recent memory) and we have had nothing meaningful coming from the club. We can only guess, but the fact MON leaving was seemingly a surprise is mind boggling and not good management from those at the top. We seem to be a rudderless ship. That apart, that was a gutless display last night from most on the pitch, no excuses.

Offline Slaphead

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2010, 09:19:06 AM »
Ellis was swift but how many were happy with John Gregory, Brian Little, SGT MkII at the time?

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2010, 09:39:03 AM »

your forgetting sidwell 5 mil, harewood 4 mil, shorey 5 mil (think we got 2 mil back) guzan 2.5 mil, carlos culler 7 mil (he ent that good?!) stewart downing 12 mil coker 8 mil (good player but never played).

65.5 mil wasted!!!!!

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2010, 09:43:25 AM »
The revisionists are up early this morning.

who's "fault" was it when we beat West Ham?

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2010, 09:44:01 AM »
That same squad of players, bar one, were in the top 6 last season, and were at Wembley twice.  Managers come and go, it's how clubs respond to it that matters. Ellis - and I was no fan - always acted swiftly in appointments and seemed to have a plan B. We don't know exactly why MON left because AVFC always craftily ensure their managers leave silently, Taylor Pt2 apart (in recent memory) and we have had nothing meaningful coming from the club. We can only guess, but the fact MON leaving was seemingly a surprise is mind boggling and not good management from those at the top. We seem to be a rudderless ship. That apart, that was a gutless display last night from most on the pitch, no excuses.

Nail on the head.

Petrov even said in his post match interview that the uncertainty over the manager position was having a massive impact on the players and they wanted it sorted soon.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2010, 09:58:11 AM »
As convenient as it is, we're going to have stope blaming the previous manager eventually. The only one's to blame for Sunday and last night's debacle are the players and KMac. My idea of getting back into a game is not throwing a striker out wide and a centre half up front. Sunday league tactics at best, not what you'd expect from a coach of a Premiership side.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2010, 10:07:05 AM »
As convenient as it is, we're going to have stope blaming the previous manager eventually. The only one's to blame for Sunday and last night's debacle are the players and KMac. My idea of getting back into a game is not throwing a striker out wide and a centre half up front. Sunday league tactics at best, not what you'd expect from a coach of a Premiership side.

And why, then, is a coach with no managerial experience being forced into a position where he makes such basic mistakes?

MON is going to remain at blame for the wider turmoil at the club for a fair while yet, I'm afraid.

Manager and entire coaching staff gone five days before the start of the season. We now have no manager, we don't have enough coaches  - they said last night, we physically do not have enough coaches to be coaching all the various teams at the moment - the transfer window is about to slam shut, we've had some duff results, and a chairman who has never appointed a football club manager in his life is being forced to find a replacement at short notice.

MON didn't directly cause the Newcastle debacle, and he didn't lose the match last night, but you'd have to be naive to think that these results aren't reflecting the utter chaos at the club at the moment. He really could not have caused much more damage than that if he'd tried.

Throw in the "performances" last night and last weekend of some of the very same expensive, high earning, unused players which he bought and was asked to do something about, refused, and left over, and it doesn't reflect too well on him.

Offline Guy M

• Location: Maidenhead - less than an hour from Zeitgeist on a good day!
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2010, 10:08:54 AM »
The revisionists are up early this morning.

who's "fault" was it when we beat West Ham?
My feelings entirely. At some point, maybe some people will agree that maybe MON not being that shower of shite's best mate wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2010, 10:09:45 AM »
A couple of points:-

Almost three weeks in I think we need to stop looking at the timing on MON's departure and more to the lack of a new man being appointed as our biggest problem right now.

Blame Martin for signing Beye, but blame K-Mac for playing him left back.

At 2-1 up you need to be professional and close the game out.  We didn't.  I don't think K-Mac left the dugout to start shouting instructions, which is a problem and added to our downfall.

Gabby going off hurt us and for all the moaning I think we'd have had a different outcome had he stayed on.

The same squad, bar 1 player swap, finished 6th last season, so the players are there to do better than this. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal